[THEME] Paranoid Darkness [Paranoid Android 2.21 AT&T][WIP][Nordpolcamper]

Search This thread

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
50-presentationbatmantgu8q.png

Hey you guys, this is the GNote version of my Paranoid Darkness Theme over in the Galaxy Nexus forums. Since I dont own a GNote I cant run the build and check if everything works, but they most likely should^^
I hope you like this theme and plz bear with me when it takes some time for me to update. If a new build of the ROM is online, plz tell me.

This Theme is for the Paranoid Android ROM created by molesarecoming. I created it to adjust some things I didnt like about the standard ROM to fit my desires. Some might consider it minimal, but for me thats exactly right^^

Installation:

Just flash via CWM

Download:

http://androtransfer.com/

Select my name and then go to Paranoid Darkness for your device ;)

Changelog:

-28.10.12: Initial release of PD 2.21

pres85sryt.png
pres73ao68.png
pres119pj7.png
pres2noryy.png

pres31wojr.png
pres4vkpqb.png
pres51bqw8.png
pres6xqpqf.png

pres94arwj.png
pres91cjro7.png

Ok with this themes fanbase growing, I put up a little FAQ for you to keep this thread clean. So please read this FAQ BEFORE asking questions, plz.

FAQ:

Q: What is the clock on the presentation?
A: Its UCCW with Clocker Skin and on the newer one its a part of NPC-UI (search)

Q: When I download I get an .htm file not a zip, did I do something wrong?
A: No you didnt. Its been reported, that if you download directly to your phone you will get a .htm file. If thats the case, simply rename it to .zip and you can flash it. If you download on your PC that issue wont appear

Q: I am getting boot loops, is the theme not working properly?
A: Before I upload the theme I try to make sure everything works and it usually does, which is why you need to check:
1. You have a GSM Galaxy Nexus
2. You have the correct theme zip for you Paranoid Android ROM version
3. Paranoid Android ROM is flashed properly
4. The theme zip should be between 25-37 MB for now
5. You flashed correctly via CWM
If you did all that, then the theme should work perfectly^^

Q: My recents background leaves a gap on the right side, whats wrong?
A: If that is the case, then please go into your paranoid settings and set your systemUI.apk's dpi to 245 and layout to Tablet UI. Works perfect for me and will do tgat for you,too.

Q: Will this ROM work on my Toro device?
A: Well the theme was made for a maguro device, so there might be some issues. But many have confirmed, that it works on toro devices. So if you are wondering, if it works, than plz dont ask. But if you have the courage, make a Nandroid Backup and try. If it works post it to help the others out, which arent as brave^^

Q: How can I revert back to normal Paranoid Android ROM?
A: I uploaded a Back-to-Stock zip, which you can flash for the correct version of the theme and ROM.

Q: Whats the difference between the normal zip and the blue one?
A: The normal zip will give you exactly what you see on the screenshots, while the blue will give you the softkeys in ICS Blue and also the signal and Wifi symbols.

Q: My devices shows 4G when connected to mobile data, why is that?
A: I changed the H to aG symbol, because I thought it looks cooler^^

Q: My battery in the statusbar says I have 15%, but in fact its 11.
A: Well currently the statusbars battery only displays in 15% steps, which means it will display 15 despite it really would be 9 or 10. That might change in future builds, but not yet.

Please give me some feedback and if you like it, remember to hit the Thanks-Button ;)

otisman

May 12, 2012
Will it also work for 2.23 para

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Anyone have any luck flashing it? I'm stuck on a boot loop.

Update: DARN...Didn't catch the title....Jamie's rom is currently on Paranoid 2.52 while this only works on Paranoid 2.21. Bummer!

Last edited:

vcurbel

Oct 31, 2010
Link isn't working for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

bidi1985

Apr 2, 2008
Please can someone post a working link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
Nordpolcamper,Thanks for porting this over here.There will be alot of happy Note owners using this when it gets worked out.I flashed PA 2.21 so I could load this awsome theme.I have seen it for other devices.It is not working quite yet for the Note i717 though.I flashed the zip and the 3 status bar icons did change to yours (but the status bar stays at the top of the screen and the theme doesn't show up in the themes chooser.Basically thats the only thing that changed.I tried via cwm and twrp both.Let us know when you figure it out and I'll try to flash it again.Looks like it will be a beautiful theme,Thanks for all your hard work.

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
Ah ok so there is a 2.52 ROM out for your notes, could you plz provide a link?
I will try to get a look into it today or tomorrow. Sry for the startup inconveniece, I hop it will get better^^

Reactions: babalonius508

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
I will try to get a look into it today or tomorrow. Sry for the startup inconveniece, I hop it will get better^^

Oh gosh don't apologize Nord,we are all happy and excited that this is coming to the Note.This theme looks fantastic.Thank you for working on it.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    50-presentationbatmantgu8q.png

Hey you guys, this is the GNote version of my Paranoid Darkness Theme over in the Galaxy Nexus forums. Since I dont own a GNote I cant run the build and check if everything works, but they most likely should^^
    I hope you like this theme and plz bear with me when it takes some time for me to update. If a new build of the ROM is online, plz tell me.

This Theme is for the Paranoid Android ROM created by molesarecoming. I created it to adjust some things I didnt like about the standard ROM to fit my desires. Some might consider it minimal, but for me thats exactly right^^

Installation:

Just flash via CWM

Download:

http://androtransfer.com/

Select my name and then go to Paranoid Darkness for your device ;)

Changelog:

-28.10.12: Initial release of PD 2.21

pres85sryt.png
    pres73ao68.png
    pres119pj7.png
    pres2noryy.png

pres31wojr.png
    pres4vkpqb.png
    pres51bqw8.png
    pres6xqpqf.png

pres94arwj.png
    pres91cjro7.png

Ok with this themes fanbase growing, I put up a little FAQ for you to keep this thread clean. So please read this FAQ BEFORE asking questions, plz.

FAQ:

Q: What is the clock on the presentation?
    A: Its UCCW with Clocker Skin and on the newer one its a part of NPC-UI (search)

Q: When I download I get an .htm file not a zip, did I do something wrong?
    A: No you didnt. Its been reported, that if you download directly to your phone you will get a .htm file. If thats the case, simply rename it to .zip and you can flash it. If you download on your PC that issue wont appear

Q: I am getting boot loops, is the theme not working properly?
    A: Before I upload the theme I try to make sure everything works and it usually does, which is why you need to check:
    1. You have a GSM Galaxy Nexus
    2. You have the correct theme zip for you Paranoid Android ROM version
    3. Paranoid Android ROM is flashed properly
    4. The theme zip should be between 25-37 MB for now
    5. You flashed correctly via CWM
    If you did all that, then the theme should work perfectly^^

Q: My recents background leaves a gap on the right side, whats wrong?
    A: If that is the case, then please go into your paranoid settings and set your systemUI.apk's dpi to 245 and layout to Tablet UI. Works perfect for me and will do tgat for you,too.

Q: Will this ROM work on my Toro device?
    A: Well the theme was made for a maguro device, so there might be some issues. But many have confirmed, that it works on toro devices. So if you are wondering, if it works, than plz dont ask. But if you have the courage, make a Nandroid Backup and try. If it works post it to help the others out, which arent as brave^^

Q: How can I revert back to normal Paranoid Android ROM?
    A: I uploaded a Back-to-Stock zip, which you can flash for the correct version of the theme and ROM.

Q: Whats the difference between the normal zip and the blue one?
    A: The normal zip will give you exactly what you see on the screenshots, while the blue will give you the softkeys in ICS Blue and also the signal and Wifi symbols.

Q: My devices shows 4G when connected to mobile data, why is that?
    A: I changed the H to aG symbol, because I thought it looks cooler^^

Q: My battery in the statusbar says I have 15%, but in fact its 11.
    A: Well currently the statusbars battery only displays in 15% steps, which means it will display 15 despite it really would be 9 or 10. That might change in future builds, but not yet.

Please give me some feedback and if you like it, remember to hit the Thanks-Button ;)
    Links not working

Sent from the Great White Note

should be working now, was some kind of error with the "&" in the folder name^^