[Q] Cannot access Phiz recovery

Search This thread
Feb 6, 2014
Hello!

I have an i9100 that was rooted but collapsed with a custom rom.

I wanted to reflash the stock rom via Odin (XXLSJ). It worked but I was stuck with a boot loop.

I flashed a matching Philz recovery cwm6-xxlsj-oxx.4.31 via Odin but I cannot access it by pressing volume up + home + power button.

As a matter of fact I tried to flash other cwm versions and non of them would start by using the buttons...

I spent a lot of time looking for answer but haven't found any. I also tried to flash other custom roms via Odin but none of these work.

I would appreciate help a lot! I rooted some phones already but a detailed instruction would be preferable.

Thanks once again!

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' guide stickied in the General section. Download the 3 part stock firmware linked in the thread, flash with Odin (this will wipe your phone). If you have problems with the flash, do the stuff suggested in the thread until you get a successful one. This will give you a 'clean slate'.

From there, you can re-root your thread & flash a custom rom/whatever. How ? Search. 'How to root' has been asked/answered thousands of times here over the past two years; one hint I'm giving you: Thread stickied near top of Q&A has simple root method (others in guides/tutorials stickied near top of General section). So far as flashing a given rom is concerned, flashing instructions are always on the first page of the thread devoted to the rom, and are clear/concise 99.9% of the time.

Best bit of advice I can give you - don't do anything to your phone until you understand what you're doing. Not doing so leads to busted phones. Take your time.

Feb 6, 2014
Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' guide stickied in the General section. Download the 3 part stock firmware linked in the thread, flash with Odin (this will wipe your phone). If you have problems with the flash, do the stuff suggested in the thread until you get a successful one. This will give you a 'clean slate'.

From there, you can re-root your thread & flash a custom rom/whatever. How ? Search. 'How to root' has been asked/answered thousands of times here over the past two years; one hint I'm giving you: Thread stickied near top of Q&A has simple root method (others in guides/tutorials stickied near top of General section). So far as flashing a given rom is concerned, flashing instructions are always on the first page of the thread devoted to the rom, and are clear/concise 99.9% of the time.

Best bit of advice I can give you - don't do anything to your phone until you understand what you're doing. Not doing so leads to busted phones. Take your time.

Thank you for the answer. However, I tried those.

I don't have any problem with the flashing of that ROM, it just wouldn't start. It is boot-looping.

I can flash the Siyah kernel via Odin, but I cannot enter CWM after that so I cannot perform that procedure.

TheImpossibleEnemy

Feb 5, 2014
Local Bubble
what are you trying to do?

You can try to format the internal sd card with a pc while booted to cwm.Backup all files important to you before formatting!

connect to a pc,in cwm mount usb storage and format.

Feb 6, 2014
what are you trying to do?

You can try to format the internal sd card with a pc while booted to cwm.Backup all files important to you before formatting!

connect to a pc,in cwm mount usb storage and format.

So, now I have Dorimanx recovery. I can access it occasionnally.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2058683&highlight=pit

I checked the memory but it is okay.

I tried to format the internal memory but I could not do that nor via pc, neither via CWM.

That should be the solution I guess because anytime I want to install a new custom rom via CWM, there is an error message.

Any suggestion for this?

I would want to install any custom rom and use my phone. That is the goal.

Feb 6, 2014
So, I get these messages:

can't copy meta-inf/com/google/android/update-binary

I wanted to run CWM-SuperSU-v0.99 but I get the same that 'Read-only file system'.

What now?

Feb 6, 2014
copy the rom you want to flash to the external sd card and try to flash.

Also if that fails,try booting without external sd,maybe it's causing problems.

I figured I should try to reflash a stock rom, then DorimanX 8.43, then CWM-SuperSU and then flash a new rom.

I hope this will work because my inetrnal memory cannot be accessed from the mount USB storage mode in CWM

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app