Chromecast is sketchy with mlb atbat

Search This thread

ogboot

Dec 2, 2009
N5, stock & rooted. Chromecast, 16664 firmware unrootable.
MLB recently added casting support to their mobile app but frankly it's pretty bad for me. Casting from a chrome tab on a PC works "fine", but I can't get more than a few innings when casting from the atbat app before it freezes. Then, in order to restart the stream you have to disconnect/reconnect the cc in the app, not simply reload the stream.
Anyone on a custom ROM tried it? Anyone else seen this, possible fixes?

My CC is on usb power from the TV so it sees fresh boots frequently. I've rebooted after a freeze only to get one batter's worth of feed afterward.

All other casting apps work great, but sadly not my most expensive streaming service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pawdog

Apr 18, 2011
Louisiana
I'm watching an archived game right now after plugging into a different power source besides the TV so far no freezes. I will try a live game tomorrow. It's possible the USB port on the TV doesn't supply constant enough power or something.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ogboot

Dec 2, 2009
Only when casting from the app though? Google play movies, Hulu, Netflix; all of these services cast from their app without issue. I can also cast a whole game from a PC to the CC just fine.

I'll try an archive game tonight, I imagine that's a bit different than a live stream.

Last edited:

ogboot

Dec 2, 2009
I loaded the same game up as an archive and i'm about to turn it off because it's been playing for over 2.5 hours with no issues. It's only the live streams that have problems.

EDIT/UPDATE: So today, Live streams are worse. Every live stream I click on plays a couple frames then gives error 1. Nice.

Last edited:

pawdog

Apr 18, 2011
Louisiana
My live streams are perfect now that my device is no longer plugged into the TV for power.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

ogboot

Dec 2, 2009
Was AFK for a while, gave the mlb team some feedback about it & all is good, confirmed after several live games. They're actively tweaking on their end so GJ mlb. Still plugged into TV and all is fine, that wasn't my issue. Maybe your TV doesn't provide enough power on the usb port?