Request for Stock Camera APK on HTC One (M8) Verizon

Search This thread

cedres

Oct 25, 2009
Here you go brotha. It's in system/app. I included the odex file in case you need that as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc6llgn6krphbf/camera.zip

The apks are zipped up. So unzipp it. And then do what you need.

Not sure how much information you need. These won't just install. They have to be copied to /system/app and then the permissions need to match the rest of files in the folder.

You'll need to be rooted blah blah blah. Just let me know if you need more info.

This link is broken. Can you upload it again? Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go brotha. It's in system/app. I included the odex file in case you need that as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc6llgn6krphbf/camera.zip

Not sure how much information you need. These won't just install. They have to be copied to /system/app and then the permissions need to match the rest of files in the folder.

You'll need to be rooted blah blah blah. Just let me know if you need more info.
    I wish I knew how to do that, but thanks, now I'll look it up and figure it out myself. That's what I love about xda. Cheers.

It's quite simple really, I suggest you do some searching around and take a shot at it as I think that's the best way to learn, and if you still need help after that I and others will be more than glad to help :good:

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    I've just tried to install it on GPE. Ended up with HTC camera FC. Apparently this method won't work on GPE.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The HTC Camera isn't compatible with the GPe. GPe lacks the Sense framework which the HTC stock apps rely on. They ported some of the apps (Weather for DotView, DotView, etc) but most wont work. I wish it did, because HTC camera is 100x better than the Google one.
    thanks

I REALLY wish I could thank you for this (as in clicking the little "thanks" button) but I do not have the option to do so. So take this as my metaphorical thank you :)
    Uuuuhm... isn't it the HTC One M8 stock camera we're talking about...? The Google Camera was out long before may 2014 as far as I know in the Play Store...

If this is the HTC One M8 stock camera can I install it on my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition? If not does anyone know if I can and in that case point me to how? :) Googling that lead me here so I have tried googling it a bit (most results turn up stuff about stock android camera or the google camera)

I've just tried to install it on GPE. Ended up with HTC camera FC. Apparently this method won't work on GPE.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk