Android 4.3 is draining my battery on standby!

Search This thread

mathias.gren

Jun 10, 2013
Hi XDA
I literally don't know what to do with my Samsung Galaxy SIII for a bout half a year ago i updated my phone to Android 4.3 and things went a bit weird. First thing I noticed was that the phone was really slow to wake up from standby, sometimes I had to take out the battery because nothing happen. The second thing is that it sometimes get really hot even on standby. I can't make it though half a day without charging my phone! Today it got mad at my phone again and was searching around the web for a solution, I came by lot of forums with people who was dealing with the same problem, but no fix able. I found a guy who had a an app which could register the battery usage in a graph. After running the app i noticed the same as the guy from the video - my phone is pretty normal on use, but then I turn the phone on standby it goes insane (look at the picture linked below)..

I don't know how to deal with the problem. I have gone though the applist to see any remarkable apps, but nothing has cough my attention.

I hope you guy are willing to help me - Save my phone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-19-20-24-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-19-20-24-24.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 237

srv.abhishek

Aug 28, 2012
Death Star
Hi XDA
I literally don't know what to do with my Samsung Galaxy SIII for a bout half a year ago i updated my phone to Android 4.3 and things went a bit weird. First thing I noticed was that the phone was really slow to wake up from standby, sometimes I had to take out the battery because nothing happen. The second thing is that it sometimes get really hot even on standby. I can't make it though half a day without charging my phone! Today it got mad at my phone again and was searching around the web for a solution, I came by lot of forums with people who was dealing with the same problem, but no fix able. I found a guy who had a an app which could register the battery usage in a graph. After running the app i noticed the same as the guy from the video - my phone is pretty normal on use, but then I turn the phone on standby it goes insane (look at the picture linked below)..

I don't know how to deal with the problem. I have gone though the applist to see any remarkable apps, but nothing has cough my attention.

I hope you guy are willing to help me - Save my phone!

Couple of checks which you can perform:
1. Install Wakelock detector and check if some app is disrupting deep sleep
2. Check which app is causing the CPU to peak
3. Check is under Wifi/Advanced, 'Scanning' is checked