[Q] HTC Gallery & Duo Camera support from GPe on AOSP ROMs?

Search This thread
Can it be done?

It seems you have to run either Sense or GPe to get the HTC Gallery and the UFocus etc. Duo Camera features.
Am I missing something here - why can't these be lifted from the GPe ROMs to work on AOSP ROMs such as PA?

It's obviously harder to lift from Sense due to the libs -- but don't see why it's difficult from GPe to AOSP?

Just curious!

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Can it be done?

It seems you have to run either Sense or GPe to get the HTC Gallery and the UFocus etc. Duo Camera features.
Am I missing something here - why can't these be lifted from the GPe ROMs to work on AOSP ROMs such as PA?

It's obviously harder to lift from Sense due to the libs -- but don't see why it's difficult from GPe to AOSP?

Just curious!

It's still down to libs and proprietary files from HTC. Without them it won't work

Also, questions go in Q&A ;)

Last edited:
Apologies for the forum faux pas!
Sorted by Ghost, however ;)

So it's still difficult to lift these proprietary libs from a GPe ROM to get it working in AOSP then?
I understand lifting from Sense is a lot harder as it's so integrated, but surely GPe & AOSP are a lot more 'compatible'?

Since HTC Gallery is available in the Play Store, and it's essentially this which does the 'Editing' on GPe - another way would be to just get this not spout "Not compatible with your device" when its installed on an AOSP ROM - because it will install! Just not run ;)

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Apologies for the forum faux pas!
Sorted by Ghost, however ;)

So it's still difficult to lift these proprietary libs from a GPe ROM to get it working in AOSP then?
I understand lifting from Sense is a lot harder as it's so integrated, but surely GPe & AOSP are a lot more 'compatible'?

Since HTC Gallery is available in the Play Store, and it's essentially this which does the 'Editing' on GPe - another way would be to just get this not spout "Not compatible with your device" when its installed on an AOSP ROM - because it will install! Just not run ;)

GPe still has elements of Sense in it, as it uses Boomsound, Gestures, etc. so there are parts that still need the HTC framework to run so I'm assuming the camera app and the like need it

Well, I've now moved to GPe.
But - HTC Gallery says its Not Compatible in the Play Store.
Whereas, on Paranoid Android, I could at least download it - but when running it, I got a message saying it wasn't compatible.

I thought the HTC Gallery app would allow updated to HTC Photo Edit under GPe ROMs?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Well, I've now moved to GPe.
But - HTC Gallery says its Not Compatible in the Play Store.
Whereas, on Paranoid Android, I could at least download it - but when running it, I got a message saying it wasn't compatible.

I thought the HTC Gallery app would allow updated to HTC Photo Edit under GPe ROMs?

It's already built into the ROM. In the camera app, slide to open a picture and then go to 'Edit' and it's in there - you don't use the Gallery app at all

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I understand that - but it's not the updated version with the UFocus "blur amount" slider, etc. which was released via the Play Store..
The description in the Play Store says that it only updates the HTC Photo Edit part on GPe, but it won't install to allow it to update.!

Might not be made available for the GPe yet...

Might not be made available for the GPe yet...

Well, I force updated the HTC Gallery app using the APK from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696399 It installs as an update to htc.albun.com which is already installed but doesn't show a Launcher icon. Gallery now appears, but doesn't work - and HTC Photo Edit has disappeared, so removing the option to use UFocus, etc!!
Argh.
So App Info -> Uninstall Updates -- and I'm back to no Gallery icon, but HTC Photo Edit is still callable from Edit on a picture.

Meh.
I'll stop messing now. It'll do!

esuohe

Aug 1, 2011
Montreal
Does UFocus still work for anyone/everyone? I'm on GPe as well, but my phone hangs on the "Processing..." animation when I tap on UFocus...

Oby42

Mar 15, 2018
Duo Camera

I am on Digital GPE rom 5.1 but duo camera features does not appear,it's a new camera style not like the stock one. I am searching for a rom that will work for my Duo camera.