warwolfx0

Oct 17, 2007
Park Ridge
i heard there is 3 version of the cam
the org one with banding
the galaxy s 4g with messed up rotation
and the version 2 which work fine.
is that right
i have a friend galaxy 4g that he might be able to get my hand on again to try the camera (if there is ICS for the 4g)
but i wanted to know id anyone has tested that yet.
or should i just get the v2 cam

atatistcheff

Aug 2, 2010
i have a friend galaxy 4g that he might be able to get my hand on again to try the camera (if there is ICS for the 4g)
but i wanted to know id anyone has tested that yet.
or should i just get the v2 cam

IMHO just get the camera from mobiltechvideos.com. I don't have any affiliation with them other than I did buy my FFC there. Ya, it's $45 but the shipping is free (in U.S.) and very fast. They have an excellent howto video and respond personally and quickly to questions/comments. The other cameras just don't seem to stack up.

nkawal

Aug 3, 2007
New York City
IMHO just get the camera from mobiltechvideos.com. I don't have any affiliation with them other than I did buy my FFC there. Ya, it's $45 but the shipping is free (in U.S.) and very fast. They have an excellent howto video and respond personally and quickly to questions/comments. The other cameras just don't seem to stack up.

Agreed, i've been using this and it works just fine.

neozengar

Mar 31, 2011
I have just place an order for the camera from Wholesale Gadget Parts from the OP. It only cost me 22 shipped which is half of what mobiletechvideo is charging. I hope I will get the legit rev 2. Thank you for the link OP!

pintek

May 10, 2011
got my camera from mobiletech in 3 days daym thats quick an install was a breeze :D

mainhape

Jan 18, 2012
does anyone know best app for video calling ?
i tried skype ( got only voice without video )
and oovoo same like skype.

fraserwAstro

Aug 24, 2009
Anyone know where to buy one in Canada? The best option seems to be with mobiletechvids, but the shipping and customs ain't cheap!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    u guys make me wanna try this lol
    I have used one camera shipped from China. The front camera worked well, but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light. Due to this problem I had to go back to my stock camera.

Does anyone know the ver 2 camera has the same issue with the back camera?

but the back camera was having issues with red lines in low light.

That's "banding", it means you have a rev 1 cam, "true" rev 2 cams are as sharp as the original vibrant camera.

Your only source for real rev 2 cameras is mobiletechvideos, all those "rev 2" cameras in amazon or ebay are fakes.

Now if you know someone that own a repair shop you can purchase the real cams from the supplier http://www.globaldirectparts.com/Samsung-T-mobile-Galaxy-S-Vibrant-T959-Camera-p/smsng6085857.htm
    How is quality of the rear (back) camera under low light conditions ?

Good question. The company said it is the original cameras for the phone. So I am crossing my fingers that they shouldn't have the problem. I won't sell it if they have the banding issue. I will send them back if that is the case. I will test them all when I get them to make sure that there is no issues with them.

So in other words. I will let you know. :)
    Just bought a FFC from Josh at www.mobiletechvideos.com ($45 with free shipping). Arrived in 2 days, installed it this morning. Works perfectly with Skype.

I'm on ICS Passion v13 R1 works with the Glitch and Kiss kernels (and probably several others).

Screenshot_2012-02-23-00-23-06.png