Search This thread

aviramido

Jan 12, 2012
Task and Katoonsez, first, this is an amazing ROM, good job guys

The only two problems I found are
Chase mobile app can't use the camera (the app does support JB), what do you need in order to solve, log cat ?
I can't use the 2g toggle, it always reverts back, when I try to go to mobile network settings and set it to use 2g only, the option becomes grayed out, and the phone remains on 4g, am I doing something wrong, is this a missing feature, or simply not supported?

BTW, I did a clean install for the latest 9.7 release, twice, still the same.

Thanks, you guys rock

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Task and Katoonsez, first, this is an amazing ROM, good job guys

The only two problems I found are
Chase mobile app can't use the camera (the app does support JB), what do you need in order to solve, log cat ?
I can't use the 2g toggle, it always reverts back, when I try to go to mobile network settings and set it to use 2g only, the option becomes grayed out, and the phone remains on 4g, am I doing something wrong, is this a missing feature, or simply not supported?

BTW, I did a clean install for the latest 9.7 release, twice, still the same.

Thanks, you guys rock

I won't work on any 3rd party apps. I was also looking for the compatibility of that app on jellybean. Where did you get your info from? Were you guessing? Not sure about the 2g toggle as I never use it. This ROM does a great job at powering down to lower lever data as it is.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Does anyone have a opinion on ktoons kernel vs the stock kernel for battery life and stability?

Sent from my SGH-I747

No one can answer that for you. All devices are not created equally in terms of using these kernels. Also. We all use different apps, have different settings, and we all use our devices differently. You just need to take the 30 seconds it takes to flash the other kernels to try them out for yourself.

aviramido

Jan 12, 2012
I won't work on any 3rd party apps. I was also looking for the compatibility of that app on jellybean. Where did you get your info from? Were you guessing? Not sure about the 2g toggle as I never use it. This ROM does a great job at powering down to lower lever data as it is.

I know chase is supported as it works great on my wife nexus 7, and on her nexus s, both are clean android jelly bean, however instegram is able to use the camera on this rom, so maybe its not the Rom, I don't know, if you say its the app, I say you know best, thanks, ill hope chase will fix it.

As for the 2g, while the Rom does an amazing job with battery, the ICS Rom you had a while ago for this device did a better job with the battery, I wanted to try and reach that state again, oh well, I can deal with it, too good of a Rom....

Thanks anyway

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I know chase is supported as it works great on my wife nexus 7, and on her nexus s, both are clean android jelly bean, however instegram is able to use the camera on this rom, so maybe its not the Rom, I don't know, if you say its the app, I say you know best, thanks, ill hope chase will fix it.

As for the 2g, while the Rom does an amazing job with battery, the ICS Rom you had a while ago for this device did a better job with the battery, I wanted to try and reach that state again, oh well, I can deal with it, too good of a Rom....

Thanks anyway

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

because it works on one device doesn't mean it should work on another. also. it doesn't mean that it has jellybean support. i found no evidence that that app has been updated to support jellybean. so my educated guess is that is doesn't. different devices have better support or just work better with different devices. ;)

ICS has nothing to do with Jellybean. So there is really no room to compare. They are two totally different Operating Systems. :D

Pedro Peguero Jr.

Hmm... is there ever going to be more ROM controls options? Just out of curiosity. Is there any more little tricks?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Like for example, in CM10 the default launcher, you can choose how many home screens you want and all that. For this ROM, I need to use the launcher nova.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Hmm... is there ever going to be more ROM controls options? Just out of curiosity. Is there any more little tricks?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Like for example, in CM10 the default launcher, you can choose how many home screens you want and all that. For this ROM, I need to use the launcher nova.

1.) who knows

2.) this doesn't really make any sense. i could just delete the google launcher from the build. then that would make Nova Launcher the default launcher and all of your post would be moot at that point. ;)

Pedro Peguero Jr.

1.) who knows

2.) this doesn't really make any sense. i could just delete the google launcher from the build. then that would make Nova Launcher the default launcher and all of your post would be moot at that point. ;)

But when it comes to using an app, over the default launcher, your prone to more bugs using the app as the launcher. All I'm saying is that will some of CM10 customization ever make its way to this ROM?

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
But when it comes to using an app, over the default launcher, your prone to more bugs using the app as the launcher. All I'm saying is that will some of CM10 customization ever make its way to this ROM?

Not trying to be rude but it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about dude. The cm10 launcher is an app. So what youre telling me is that if an app such as a launcher isn't set by default then it will be more prone to bugs. That's totally incorrect. I would never answer your question about cm10 customization make it to this ROM. That would be an under the breath ETA. I don't give those. :D

P.S- Just so you know. There is no difference between the CM10 launcher and Nova Launcher other then the way things are styled and the layouts. So your theory is very, very incorrect. ;)

Reactions: Pedro Peguero Jr.

Pedro Peguero Jr.

Not trying to be rude but it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about dude. The cm10 launcher is an app. So what youre telling me is that if an app such as a launcher isn't set by default then it will be more prone to bugs. That's totally incorrect. I would never answer your question about cm10 customization make it to this ROM. That would be an under the breath ETA. I don't give those. :D

P.S- Just so you know. There is no difference between the CM10 launcher and Nova Launcher other then the way things are styled and the layouts. So your theory is very, very incorrect. ;)

Thanks for correcting me ! My mistake task!

aviramido

Jan 12, 2012
because it works on one device doesn't mean it should work on another. also. it doesn't mean that it has jellybean support. i found no evidence that that app has been updated to support jellybean. so my educated guess is that is doesn't. different devices have better support or just work better with different devices. ;)

ICS has nothing to do with Jellybean. So there is really no room to compare. They are two totally different Operating Systems. :D

I understand ICS has nothing to do with this ROM, I am just saying that I would like to use the 2g feature, as it can save even more battery, might be useful if it was supported :)

In any case, awesome ROM, thanks anyway.

crash822

Sep 11, 2011
looks like i need to ask you not to post in this thread until you decide to read through the OP and the changelog. thanks. ;)

Didn't see anything about requests. Speaking of which, wasn't there a link to the q & a for this rom in the original post at one time? The closest thing to it that I see now is the Faq link.

Guess I'll just manually install the mms apk whenever I flash.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Didn't see anything about requests. Speaking of which, wasn't there a link to the q & a for this rom in the original post at one time? The closest thing to it that I see now is the Faq link.

Guess I'll just manually install the mms apk whenever I flash.

there is no requests being taken. but what you were asking about is up front and obvious in the OP. ;)

the FAQ contains a Q&A. you just need to scroll down to the 2nd post.

screenshotfrom201209081.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB