}=>OFFICIAL AT&T OT<={ I747 The league of SPAM

Search This thread

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
Typically 4G = LTE, and H+ = HSPA+

As far as signal strength goes, its not necessarily the case that you move from 4G to H+ as your signal strength goes down.
You can be connected at 4G with 1 bar.

On Rogers they have decided to use 4G = HSPA+

In my opinion there should be a global convention for denoting signal type, would eliminate so much confusion and shady marketing.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

awaken13

Sep 24, 2010
Yeah weird, my Telus version shows LTE or H+ depending on what kind of signal im getting obviously.

OVERK1LL

Sep 17, 2012
On Rogers they have decided to use 4G = HSPA+

In my opinion there should be a global convention for denoting signal type, would eliminate so much confusion and shady marketing.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

Interesting, didn't know that. I've noticed tethered I can pull 600+KB/sec from my laptop.

jack0131

Jan 8, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi All, will be travelling to Toronto for business trip.

Hi,

Will it be best to unlock the phone first, then buy a prepaid card from Toronto area?

Thanks for your time.

Jack
Bell mobility in Vancouver, BC

i2nice

Nov 10, 2011
Believe or not, I think this is going to be my fail question...-_- Are we going to get any apps from apple like facetime, imessage, and require apps you guys need in the future?

kschumake83

Jun 24, 2010
orefield PA
OnePlus 9
Believe or not, I think this is going to be my fail question...-_- Are we going to get any apps from apple like facetime, imessage, and require apps you guys need in the future?

Definately your fail question... Apple despises android and anything that goes with it, and makes money from devices not adds like google so it is highly doubtful that apple would ever release anything to anyone windows phone included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

kschumake83

Jun 24, 2010
orefield PA
OnePlus 9
I just read that ios might get google maps back by the end of the year. If ios gets google maps before we get jellybean I am going to be very dissapointed with google.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

ravieg29

Nov 8, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi,

Will it be best to unlock the phone first, then buy a prepaid card from Toronto area?

Thanks for your time.

Jack
Bell mobility in Vancouver, BC

HuH? you lost me bro. Unlock the phone? if you are on bell you shouldn't need to, you will use bell network. only downside is long distance charges. you can get a temporary XXX canada wide minutes from bell no? If not just use phone cards.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I agree with you, Google should tell apple to screw off after the stunts apple is pulling as of late.

Galaxy S3 Paranoid ROM.

If asked, I expect Google to get its maps up and running on ios6 asap. The amount of search revenue at stake should be more than enough to persuade Google to forgive and forget.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app

imcol

Sep 13, 2012
ACCOUNT 5 minute block

anyone know how I can get rid of this 5 minute block for each post? I just joined and the message says a mod must review my account. If so, can a mod please check my acc and make it a general one so i can post without the block. Thanks

imcol

Sep 13, 2012
Okay thanks!

There's nothing I can do, nor anyone can do. Only thing you can do is make ten useful posts. In between them try learning bout your phone or rooting it. That's the purpose of the ten count rule.

So I learned to root my skyrocket, but now I will start learning to root my gs3. The message is somewhat miss-leading but anyhow, thanks for helping.

imcol

Sep 13, 2012
missunderstanding

I don't see how my post is misleading? Can anyone else clarify it?

I never meant your post. I was talking about the message that pops up when you are posting a message between 5 minutes. But even that does make sense after you clarified it. So dont take it the wrong way.

thiggfx

Sep 19, 2012
Chattanooga
Yello!

I just wanted to say hi (first post) so Hi!
I recently purchased a SG3 (SGH-i747) I am totally new to android and I absolutely love it!!! I was previously a iOS user ever since the iPhone 3G so I was totally embedded in that system. I later found myself jailbreaking to get the functionally that I really wanted in a mobile device.=, then...I found Android a few months ago and I must say I will never look back. Android and loving it! Oh and I love beer too!!! you might say Im a novice connoisseur of sorts meaning I refuse to drink bud light, miller light etc...you know the party brews.
Not to say they are bad, just not for me or my taste...personally.
Anyway, I found these forums with hopes of transforming it (sgh-i747), making it better than it was, better...stronger....faster, and increase functionality beyond bloated stock (da...da...daaaa) <-- (six million Dollar Man reference).
So...let me seeee, how do I root & flash the JB rom?

Off I go to the vast land of postings that is xda!!!

Rock on!
-thiggfx

ps. I hope y'all don't mind a lot of questions...lol.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I just wanted to say hi (first post) so Hi!
I recently purchased a SG3 (SGH-i747) I am totally new to android and I absolutely love it!!! I was previously a iOS user ever since the iPhone 3G so I was totally embedded in that system. I later found myself jailbreaking to get the functionally that I really wanted in a mobile device.=, then...I found Android a few months ago and I must say I will never look back. Android and loving it! Oh and I love beer too!!! you might say Im a novice connoisseur of sorts meaning I refuse to drink bud light, miller light etc...you know the party brews.
Not to say they are bad, just not for me or my taste...personally.
Anyway, I found these forums with hopes of transforming it (sgh-i747), making it better than it was, better...stronger....faster, and increase functionality beyond bloated stock (da...da...daaaa) <-- (six million Dollar Man reference).
So...let me seeee, how do I root & flash the JB rom?

Off I go to the vast land of postings that is xda!!!

Rock on!
-thiggfx

ps. I hope y'all don't mind a lot of questions...lol.

Welcome and feel free to ask away. Just make sure to search first as everything you want to know is here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUYS. I'm getting an S3 in a couple of weeks!!!! :D so pumped.

I'm coming from an Optimus V. Development on that phone is FANTASTIC, but I have terrible service in my hometown, and let's face it: this phone is 29395x better.

I've never really used xda much, because androidcentral is good for the OV. I checked out the ac forum for the s3, and it's awful in comparison. So I thought...I'd better get over to xda :)

I have a few very random questions...

I hope it's okay that I post them here...

1. What are flamers and trolls?? lol.
    2. I saw a video on how to easily root the Att Galaxy S3. Seemed simple enough. However, what is this talk of 'tripping a flash counter'?? is it okay to trip the flash counter, and can I reset that later if I wanna go back to stock??
    3. I guess cwm is probably the best(favorited) recovery to use??

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions :)

1. people who are rude and ignorant.
    2. Use the no trip root method and everything should be fine. Tripping a flash counter is a way for att/samsung to know that you messed with your phone, it can be a problem for warranty returns, but there is an app called triangle away that should reset this. I havent tried it so I personaly cannot confirm.
    3. there was a little bit of argument on which recovery was better when there was the missing imei problem, now that it is solved it doesn't really matter (all personal preference). But please don't forget to do a NV backup or at least a backup of your Imei no.

and by the way welcome to xda it is a great place for information and if you do searches first and post in the propper section the people here are great.
    You must be new to OFF-TOPIC threads...
    Posts in this thread don't require any relationship to the SGS3.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You must be NEW here lol. You obviously don't know who stark is around here.

No seriously, you don't know who Stark is....tread carefully, you don't want to mess with the Starkster...
    David you're like Kato:good:

Talk abt noob's... Arch I think this one fell fresh outta the cabbage patch:silly:

My kids got this one

BTW David... It's done
    I wish we were able to see signature details in the xda app.

On that note, does anyone know a method within the xda app to remove threads from participated forums? It would be great to remove threads from my old devices to navigate easier through the forums.

Hey, a little late, but better late then never I suppose.

Just log press on the thread in the XDA app and hit unsubscribe. Just tested it myself on an old thread I don't care about anymore.

Also, best game ever? Spyro the Dragon for PS1, HANDS DOWN.
    David you're like Kato:good:

Talk abt noob's... Arch I think this one fell fresh outta the cabbage patch:silly:

BTW David... It's done

Thanks Tony.

If this guy keeps it up we may see the return of both Arch as a moderator, and even possibly the infamous....Tomween....

I don't undestend why people going shopping on Black Friday at midnite... You don't have family to spend holyday with??? Did you ever think if you go shopping some people are force to go to work instad spend time with they family.. So next time you want to go and shop on Black Friday think before you go. Thare always good deals if you look for them.
    Happy (crazy) shopping..

I agree 100%. I had rather pay full price for something rather than participate in sales where people are willing to trample and kill someone to get a dang TV or something dirt cheap. Come on where is the love for a fellow man. Is a damn TV worth killing someone or trampling over the top of them? If people will boycott these sales places like Walmart will quit having them. Its a gimmick anyway. Hello people Walmart says OK let's take a loss on a few tvs. Run a 42 inch TV for 100 bucks and advertise while quantities last. And put 50 in each store to draw thousands in who will buy something else at full price while they are there. So someone ends up dead or hurt for a TV that chances are they were never gonna get anyway and who profits? Walmart... now you wanna black Friday shop do it at Amazon where no one gets hurt or killed for a stupid TV and you can stay home where you belong instead of camping out in a tent in the parking lot of a damn Walmart or other store and make yourself look like a complete idiot for doing so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2