Working Google Wallet for Sprint GNote 2!

Search This thread

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
Followed instructions. I just can't ADD card says check to see if you improperly put the info in our something in that sense. What did I miss

Don't feel bad, I will be answering the same question 2 posts from now. Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at

Last edited:

jrwinscher

Jun 6, 2010
Worked for me. Just went to the store earlier to verify it would make purchases. Everything good so far. No FC's yet.

Sent from my GN2

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
This is what I get when trying to add cards. I have tried multiple cards and put in the correct info. I'm currently back to original build.prop and have the mod wallet in system/app.

Don't feel bad, I will be answering the same question 2 posts from now. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355069224447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355069224447.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 313

Oct 15, 2007
Omaha
This is what I get when trying to add cards. I have tried multiple cards and put in the correct info. I'm currently back to original build.prop and have the mod wallet in system/app.

I don't think that is a problem with your install. Try adding the card from a computer instead of the app.

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
Same thing trying to add cqrd on computer.under devices in Google wallet it says Galaxy nexus which I presume it should. I have 2 of the same mobile carrier billing numbers under payment methods but that looks like it should be for Google play. Any ideas from any one that got this working?

Oct 15, 2007
Omaha
Same thing trying to add cqrd on computer.under devices in Google wallet it says Galaxy nexus which I presume it should. I have 2 of the same mobile carrier billing numbers under payment methods but that looks like it should be for Google play. Any ideas from any one that got this working?

If you cant add it to your account from the computer I dont think it is a phone issue and you should ask google why they won't accept your card. Possibly look at thier faq to make sure the card your trying to add is allowed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: moose1313

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
If you cant add it to your account from the computer I dont think it is a phone issue and you should ask google why they won't accept your card. Possibly look at thier faq to make sure the card your trying to add is allowed.

Will do Thanks

kneedrag

Oct 23, 2010
Thanks for your instructions...Working here.

I followed them to #6 then flashed the r87 zip from cwm. Wallet worked, i set it up then reverted build.prop and rebooted. All good on my sprint note II. Thanks again!

Mine works perfectly. My Spen works just fine too.

Here are the build props: that you'll need to change

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro

After changing the build props, reboot.
1 Use Root explorer or Es file explorer
Go to system/app/delete com.google.wallet
2 Open Market and download the legit Google wallet
Complete any task asked (It should work)

6) Once you are prompted with a list of accounts to re-setup Wallet close the app

Thanks to WarlockLord and tpmwr and the OP for the finding.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
For Wallet to work using this method I think you have to add the cards before you go through with this procedure. At least that is what I think I read.

Wouldn't allow me to add cards while on Nexus build.prop so I changed back and same thing I'm waiting to hear back from Google

Wouldn't allow me to add cards while on Nexus build.prop so I changed back and same thing I'm waiting to hear back from Google

same here, i was never able to get the card added. i'm curious to know what you'll hear back from google, seeing as this requires root and our devices are not currently supported.

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
You should be able to add a card online regardless of your phone. If I have been keeping up then I believe his question to Google is why can't he add his card to Google wallet. ...Not specifically why it isn't working on his phone.

same here, i was never able to get the card added. i'm curious to know what you'll hear back from google, seeing as this requires root and our devices are not currently supported.

You should be able to add a card online regardless of your phone. If I have been keeping up then I believe his question to Google is why can't he add his card to Google wallet. ...Not specifically why it isn't working on his phone.

i think you need to reread those statements, i'm saying the same thing, nowhere did i mention about adding a card online.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    another workaround that i cant get to work properly. the last one came a the cost of my s-pen, which was a no go. i fear by the time we find a cut a dry work around google will have released the official update.

Mine works perfectly. My Spen works just fine too.

Here are the build props: that you'll need to change

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

After changing the build props, reboot.
    1 Use Root explorer or Es file explorer
    Go to system/app/delete com.google.wallet
    2 Open Market and download the legit Google wallet
    Complete any task asked (It should work)

6) Once you are prompted with a list of accounts to re-setup Wallet close the app

7) Delete the Wallet apk from data/app (DO NOT uninstall Wallet, JUST delete the apk) and put the modaco patched r87 into system/app and set permissions (notice the legit was in data but the new one goes in system)

8) Reboot device

9) Run Wallet and this time it should let you set everything up, even though you are now using r87 which previously crashed

10) Once Wallet is working and your cards are registered reboot and make sure it still works

11) If Wallet is now r87 and it still works after the reboot put your build.prop back the way you found it and enjoy!

I did restore my build prop and everything is working :D took me 2 hours to figure out though...

Thanks to WarlockLord and tpmwr and the OP for the finding.
    For all who haven't seen this guide, this is working perfectly on my Sprint Galaxy Note II.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031127
    Can you detail your method so I can try to replicate? Thanks.

Sure, all I did was install Wallet from market.

DO NOT open it, afterwards I installed Xposed via Easy Installer and then I installed the update and reboot device. (It might give some error but ignore it, as it didn't affect me I still gave superuser permissions and reboot.)

After reboot, I installed the Xposed wallet patcher via easy installer and then I went into Xposed framework and enabled the wallet patcher module, reboot device again. (Again it may give error but still just give superuser permission if it asks and reboot.)

Afterwards I fired up Wallet, go through the usual setup and I was on 3g instead of my home wifi if this matters. It took a while to verify on wallet can't remember how long and it was successful and I was able to add my debit card that I already had setup on Google Wallet.

As I said, I am on AOKP rom, I plan on trying this again on touchwiz base MC2 rom or either Whompasaurus I have backed up in recovery to see if I can get it to work.

Good luck, hope this helps and you get it to successfully work for you. :)
    Finally just now worked for me.

Stock rooted ma7 with a lot of sprint and samsung junk removed. Mc2 modem and firmware. Garwyn 0.3.0 kernel.

Wallet from market installed at least a week ago.

Xposed and wallet patch. Installed and activated at least a week ago.

I have made no changes since then. No reset of the wallet app. Since around a week or more ago the only thing I have done is open Wallet and try to do the final setup step. It didn't reset by itself or reinstall or say anything unusual when I opened it today. The final setup step just took a little extra long and worked.

I was on WI-FI.

My device has shown up as nexus on the web site in the past but shows up as sph l900 ever since the last time I restored build.prop. A week or so ago when I updated Wallet I deleted all devices from the web site (it was showing 4 or 5 devices active because of my ltevo + gn2 and loading different roms and different build.prop edits on each device over the last year or so) and now it just shows a single sph l900.

This negates a few theories floating around about what you have to do. It doesn't matter if you're on wi-fi, you just need internet. It doesn't matter if you're on ma7 or mc2. Xposed doesn't break it even if it might no longer be strictly necessary. (Personally I dislike the warning message so as long as it's possible to erase it I will).

As far as resetting wallet, well if it does it on it's own I guess it must have needed it, but it doesn't look like you doing it will change anything.

Clearly from reading the last few weeks of this thread, google has been doing something on their end and updating or repairing accounts individually, and they just get to yours when they get to yours, and all you need to do is just retry that final step however often you feel like. I was down to checking once every few days.

FYI, Google wallet is now working without the work around with the latest MA5 leaked Rom...