Ubuntu Phone for the HTC HD2

Search This thread

hopkinskong

Nov 8, 2008
Hong Kong
OK...
My public exam is approaching, and i only got a little time for this now.
July and August will be the final development (for me) of the Ubuntu Touch on HTC HD2 (at least for me).
I am still stuck on the GUI.

Current state:
(2013-06-30) I suspect my Android build is defect, some important HAL modules does not being built. Still solving.

Last edited:

FranZeta

Mar 28, 2012
Interesting... in HD2 is posible a Ubuntu Desktop ports but Ubuntu Phone port is complicated jajajajaj

P.D: Any news?

@aliumujib

Jun 17, 2013
I really need to buy this phone back, I'm still in love with it!!! :D

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

gwhite5

Mar 13, 2014
Muscat, Oman
It's almost complete

Most of the Ubuntu Touch apps are working and no longer placeholders in the latest release, so we might be able to get it working whilst making it usable as a phone. I might have a go at it this weekend, but I am no ROM developer.

gwhite5

Mar 13, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Thats unfortunate. You should make it available for everyone still though (If you still can)

It shouldn't be a challenge for anyone familiar with the CyanogenMod source code to do; as long as you've got a kernel and device tree which works in CyanogenMod 10.1, you could port it without changing a file (or so I believe) by following the Phablet porting instructions on the Ubuntu wiki.

Sorry for the big delay. I've been very busy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, then we will need that (so it should be the reason why the GUI was not accessible), but dalvikvm and app_process will crash if they are not removed.

OK, surfacefligner won't crash anymore, after adding egl libraries, and LOTS of libraries in /system/lib/hw, idk why all of my library is missing, may be there are some problem in the build.
    Surfaceflinger won't crash, but mediaserver and drmserver are start crashing, idk why...
    Good news is, i got the boot animation screen now. (CM10.1)

I am trying the ubuntu rootfs now.

EDIT: No android services are crashing now. But i get Seg. Fault on ubuntuappmanager, i think that i need to try mwc-demo instead of the newest rootfs.
    Development for this slightly slowed over the weekend as I broke my Nexus 4 and had to go back to using my HD2 as the business phone, but I should have something soon. Its going to be magldr only at first, and probably only fit on US HD2 (since EU has half the space)

Once I have it up, if someone with knowledge of SD builds and Native SD can give a quick hand (I never had time to do more than nand installs), we can get it working for all models.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium
    OK...
    My public exam is approaching, and i only got a little time for this now.
    July and August will be the final development (for me) of the Ubuntu Touch on HTC HD2 (at least for me).
    I am still stuck on the GUI.

Current state:
    (2013-06-30) I suspect my Android build is defect, some important HAL modules does not being built. Still solving.
    I've gotten the rom itself to build right for the HD2, but the jellybean kernel has a few things that aren't compiling right, namely, the Kernel Namespace Support for networking. Which I should probably just ignore for now anyways since wifi doesn't work yet for Android CM10.1 on HD2.

If I get time today, ill try to get an installable zip setup.
    I've gotten the rom itself to build right for the HD2, but the jellybean kernel has a few things that aren't compiling right, namely, the Kernel Namespace Support for networking. Which I should probably just ignore for now anyways since wifi doesn't work yet for Android CM10.1 on HD2.

If I get time today, ill try to get an installable zip setup.
    Thanks, looking forward to it:D
    FYI marc1706 posted a jb kernel with bcmdhd support here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35571547&postcount=167
    I think he tried it on 4.2.2 rom here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38059342&postcount=37 and then posted this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38063992&postcount=47