[Q] Flash EVO 4G back to stock ROM

Search This thread

HunterZ0

Jul 4, 2012
Does anyone have a working link to a stock EVO 4G stock ROM that can then be used to update to the latest stock ROM+radios+whatever? I've been searching around here and the Internet in general, but I'm having trouble wading through the sea of dead links to stock ROMs and links to ROMs that have been hacked to remove radios and whatnot.

I've been using the last good Evervolv JB ROM and it's just too unstable, and my radios and stuff are probably out of date too, so I'd like to try going back to stock for a while.

Note regarding root: It would be nice to be able to keep root, but not if it means having to use stock ROMs that have been modified to the point where it will be a pain to update to the latest stock ROM+radios+whatever. I can always re-unroot myself if needed.

Thanks!

GARover

Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone have a working link to a stock EVO 4G stock ROM that can then be used to update to the latest stock ROM+radios+whatever? I've been searching around here and the Internet in general, but I'm having trouble wading through the sea of dead links to stock ROMs and links to ROMs that have been hacked to remove radios and whatnot.

I've been using the last good Evervolv JB ROM and it's just too unstable, and my radios and stuff are probably out of date too, so I'd like to try going back to stock for a while.

Note regarding root: It would be nice to be able to keep root, but not if it means having to use stock ROMs that have been modified to the point where it will be a pain to update to the latest stock ROM+radios+whatever. I can always re-unroot myself if needed.

Thanks!

I'm looking for the exact same thing... I'd like to go back to the stock HTC Sense ROM, but I've lost my old backup copy (long story) and having trouble finding a suitable replacement. Did you happen to save a backup of your stock ROM before switching to the Evervolv ROM? If so, could you send me the Zip?

Or, if anyone out there on the forum could help, that would be great.

I was hoping to get some benefit to a more recent version of Android, but all the ROM's I've tried thus far seem to have one glitch after another. I'd prefer to go back to a stock, or some slightly upgraded version of the SENSE IU. Any suggestions appreciated.

I downloaded this ROM as it looked like a good "SENSE-esque" ROM, and looks like most everything is working on this version.
http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?12344-ROM-5-09-12-New!!The-Express!!-Updated!!-Working4G!!-Full-Landscape-Sense-3-0-Aroma-Installer!!&p=203943#post203943

Thoughts?

Last edited:

HunterZ0

Jul 4, 2012
I don't have a backup of my stock ROM as far as I know.

I really wanted something close to stock, so I think I ended up settling on [Rom]TN_Elousions3.2_OTA_5.07.651.6_Deoxed_Stock_Theme.zip which is a moderate mod of the last stock ROM.

I ended up going through the S-OFF process as well to make sure that I had the latest radios and such.

It's functional, but between the Sense changes and the fact that it's Gingerbread-based means that there are some things about the UI that just aren't as nice as Evervolv. The upshot is that the battery consumption is lower and the hardware features work or work better (4G, FFC, camcorder, FM radio, etc.).

I'm tempted to try one of the last official Cyanogen ROMs just to see if I like the UI better than Sense, but I'll probably just stick it out until I get a new phone.