Where are all the roms?

Search This thread

KingOfThaJungle

Oct 4, 2011
New York, NY
Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!

github

Jul 9, 2011
T-Mobile, USA
zebragravy.com
Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!

Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course. :cowboy:

KingOfThaJungle

Oct 4, 2011
New York, NY
Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course. :cowboy:

Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?

Not sure what you mean by "stock custom ROMS". Anything in the international section that is compatible with the G900F (almost all of them) are compatible with our phone. Every single one except the ones that are made for the G900H, the exynos model.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check the SGS5 international threads, you'll find plenty there. They're cross compatible with your device.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Hi guys and gals,