[MOD] TV2 Sumo app for rooted devices

Search This thread

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
The TV2 Sumo app doesnt like rooted devices and throws an error whenever you start streaming anything if your device is running anything other than stock firmware. This is ridiculous of course so I tweaked the DRM-verification a bit so that users with rooted devices can enjoy the content they paid for.

I dont use the service myself so if a new update comes out, feel free to let me know and I will see if I can adapt my hack to that version as well.

This release is based on version 1.1 of the app which was published the 8th of April 2014.

Installation

Remove the TV2 Sumo app from your device, then sideload the attached .apk

Disclaimer

I have not done any modifications to the app except the DRM stuff. However, I do not take any responsibility for any damage it might cause to your device. So if your phone blows up and kills your cat, dont blame me. That said, it's highly unlikely anything bad happens from running this app.

Also, Ive only tested this on my device running CyanogenMOD 11 so I cant guarantee that it will work on all devices out there.

Note

As mentioned I dont use the TV2 Sumo service but in order to make this work I had to pay for a weekly subscription. Hence, if you appreciate the effort, feel free to send a small donation my way. Thanks.

Download
Download

Last edited:
Reactions: eirikgu

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007
I can't get it working. I get an error code: VIDEO_START_FAILED
Do you know what caused this?

Hi there. I have not encountered that issue before. That said, its been a while since I used the Sumo app, so its totally possible that TV2 has made some modifications on the server side that now makes my fix incompatible. I dont subscribe to the Sumo service anymore so I cant easily verify this Im afraid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The TV2 Sumo app doesnt like rooted devices and throws an error whenever you start streaming anything if your device is running anything other than stock firmware. This is ridiculous of course so I tweaked the DRM-verification a bit so that users with rooted devices can enjoy the content they paid for.

I dont use the service myself so if a new update comes out, feel free to let me know and I will see if I can adapt my hack to that version as well.

This release is based on version 1.1 of the app which was published the 8th of April 2014.

Installation

Remove the TV2 Sumo app from your device, then sideload the attached .apk

Disclaimer

I have not done any modifications to the app except the DRM stuff. However, I do not take any responsibility for any damage it might cause to your device. So if your phone blows up and kills your cat, dont blame me. That said, it's highly unlikely anything bad happens from running this app.

Also, Ive only tested this on my device running CyanogenMOD 11 so I cant guarantee that it will work on all devices out there.

Note

As mentioned I dont use the TV2 Sumo service but in order to make this work I had to pay for a weekly subscription. Hence, if you appreciate the effort, feel free to send a small donation my way. Thanks.

Download
    Download
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate this!

Regards "learntofly" from diskusjon.no
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate this!

Regards "learntofly" from diskusjon.no

You're welcome. Hope it works ;)

And here's a well deserved donation to cover your cost: 04Y59063J5837941F