Bootloop after OTA Attempt

Search This thread

mak213

Apr 12, 2007
Philadelphia, USA
Just got asked to make system update via tmobile OTA on my stock rom rooted lg lg2 d801 ? which is weird im on the latest update besides have 4.4 but unfortunately when i restarted to install via on screen instructions it rebooted to twrp and now it wont go to system everytime i restarts it go straight to twrp... wtfff lol

EDIT:Fixed via terminal command in twrp

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
then hit enter
type
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
then hit enter and reboot.

Last edited:

Droidz

Oct 28, 2009
Just got asked to make system update via tmobile OTA on my stock rom rooted lg lg2 d801 ? which is weird im on the latest update besides have 4.4 but unfortunately when i restarted to install via on screen instructions it rebooted to twrp and now it wont go to system everytime i restarts it go straight to twrp... wtfff lol

then hit enter
type

This worked perfectly. I just got the update also on the same ROM as you. Thank you for the info.

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
Does that mean if i get an update and if i am on stock rooted room and i end up in a boot loop i can install the rom and rely on this command line if things go wrong ?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Rhodizzle

Feb 20, 2010

then hit enter
type

Any idea how I'd pull this off from CWM? I'm in the same boat but can't seem to get storage mounted or adb.

Rhodizzle

Feb 20, 2010
w00t

I wasn't able to get ADB on my windows VM, but just managed to get it on OS X and this worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

then hit enter
    type
    This worked perfectly. I just got the update also on the same ROM as you. Thank you for the info.

glad i could help