fast charge

Search This thread

inst1029

May 10, 2009
is there any tw 4.4.2 kernel with fast charge ? my note 3 is charging very slow from usb ( dont want to bring the wall charger everywhere i go )

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
is there any tw 4.4.2 kernel with fast charge ? my note 3 is charging very slow from usb ( dont want to bring the wall charger everywhere i go )

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't know fast charge was Kernel specific. Thought it had to do with the cable and plug in?

Any-ways, my two cents are no there is NOT.

djhulk2

Nov 15, 2010
With the fast charge app that looks like a battery it is kernel spefic. When u run the application it will either work or say kernel is not supported

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
The output of a typical computer USB port is a half an amp at five volts DC. If you get a charger, wall or cigarette plug, that is meant for an iPad, it will output 2.1 amps at five volts. It's best, for the battery life and phone, if you don't use a modded kernel for fast charging. Batteries last longer, overall life before replacing them, if they are slow charged. Heat from rapid charging will reduce the overall lifespan of a battery. I'm talking tech like in one hour or less chargers for AA batteries but it still holds true for lithium ion. Heat and hitting a battery hard with an aggressive charging circuit will kill a battery faster. My suggestion is to use a charger that has a max output of 2.1amps, like used with the stock and iPad chargers, to recharge the battery if you're impatient. Better yet, get an official Samsung external charger with battery so you can rotate batteries and have one charging or charged without forcing yourself to have the phone tethered to a charger often. There have been high profile instances where extended capacity batteries have burned up a phone, when charging, because the electronics of the battery were crap or the cells were of crappy quality. Be safe, be smart. Samsung OEM batteries might be expensive and low run time, but they won't usually cause a phone to go into meltdown mode because of their subpar electronics or cells.