[Q] How to root SGS I9000

Search This thread

Tomor2

Apr 29, 2014
Hello all,
first please accept my apology for asking a questions that are probably too easy for most of you but I have spent several hours reading this forum and other sites but still cannot fully understand it, so I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

I have Samsung Galaxy S I9000 phone and would like to use Android 4.2 or higher on it. If I understand well I firstly have to ROOT the device.

First I downloaded the Odin software and then according to all tutorials I should download a CF-Kernel file for my device. And this is where my problems start as I do not know which file should I download or better to say did not find it.

Could you please assist me and help me download the CF Kernel file and guide me through the whole process? Many thanks to anyone who will help me!

My device is:

PDA: I9000XWJW5
PHONE: I9000XDJV1
CSC: I9000XXJVC

Firmware version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: I9000XDJV1
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWJW5

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Hello all,
first please accept my apology for asking a questions that are probably too easy for most of you but I have spent several hours reading this forum and other sites but still cannot fully understand it, so I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

I have Samsung Galaxy S I9000 phone and would like to use Android 4.2 or higher on it. If I understand well I firstly have to ROOT the device.

First I downloaded the Odin software and then according to all tutorials I should download a CF-Kernel file for my device. And this is where my problems start as I do not know which file should I download or better to say did not find it.

Could you please assist me and help me download the CF Kernel file and guide me through the whole process? Many thanks to anyone who will help me!

My device is:

PDA: I9000XWJW5
PHONE: I9000XDJV1
CSC: I9000XXJVC

Firmware version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: I9000XDJV1
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWJW5

First of all, here is the file: http://download.chainfire.eu/98/CF-Root/SGS/CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1_NO-CWM.zip

1. You know Odin right? Yeah, so I suggest you use Odin 1.87
2. Download the file in the link.
3. Ensure you have the samsung drivers installed
4. Get your phone into Download mode (Volume Down+Home+Power)
5. Now open Odin and you will see a Button named PDA. Click on it and browse to the CF file you downloaded.
6. DO NOT check or uncheck the tickboxes towards the left.
7. That's it! Click on start and it'll do the Magical stuff!

NOTE: This Kernel doesn't include CWM. You will have to flash that manually.