[Q] Help with Durn updates!

Search This thread

Ralamzull

May 20, 2014
my Computer crashed on me a few weeks back and I lost pretty much all my files. Thankfully my personal files were all backed up, but none of my phone modification files survived. I meant to post here to ask for links and such, but couldn't remember what exactly I had. Then an update hits my phone. Never ever had luck updating a rooted phone. Always just ended up ignoring the icon until I got a new one. Well now there's TWO updates that I've fallen behind on......Better figure it out. So. Please. Help.

Info on phone:
Sprint L720T on MK5 Rooted stock rom.

My Question(s)
How to either un-root to get the updates OTA,
OR
How to flash updated stock roms

I've used odin, obviously, to flash the rooted stock. Pretty sure I used cf's autoroot. I just need a Link to Odin and a brief run down of what I'm trying to do. I may fire back a question or two.

I saw a post on flashing what I believe was a stock 4.3 and then up to 4.4.2. Well that's awesome, but I've TWO updates. Is 4.4.2 the newest? And why am I seeing numbers for jellybean, when I typically see things like "NAE" or "MK5".

And why is it sooo easy to root a bloody phone, but a nightmare to UNROOT said phone? Would think that "click, click....and bam. back to normal". Unfortunately, either I'm looking at the wrong things or I really do have to track down stock files for my specific model to re-flash with odin, then accept OTA, then re-root....?

If so, that SEEMS simple enough, but finding stock for my SPECIFIC model is....frustrating. So please, kind folks, help me out with some direct links to what I need?

8er

Feb 18, 2010
Pretty sure answers to the question posted above exist on XDA

Use odin to flash L720TVPUAMK5_L720TSPTAMK5_L720TVPUAMK5_HOME.tar.md5
Use the stock recovery to factory reset.

Phone is now unrooted.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
This^^ there are tutorials and videos on YouTube that show how to use Odin. All you do is place the tar on the PDA section.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts