Galaxy S 5 touch screen not responding

Search This thread

ikvat

Jul 29, 2014
Hi
I installed the last XAD Carbon Rom 4.4.4 [29.06.14] on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F (French model). I installed XBMC 13.2 Gotham – beta 1 too. Unfortunately the apk is unusable because S 5 touch screen isn't responsive at all, like if it was frozen. I only can increase or decrease the volume.

Thx for your help.
Olivier

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Hi
I installed the last XAD Carbon Rom 4.4.4 [29.06.14] on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F (French model). I installed XBMC 13.2 Gotham – beta 1 too. Unfortunately the apk is unusable because S 5 touch screen isn't responsive at all, like if it was frozen. I only can increase or decrease the volume

No idea, I don't use either package. Surely you'd find better support in the ROM support thread though?

Did you wipe the cache partition?
Did you wipe the data partition prior to installing the ROM?
Did you install Gaps?
Did you see if the problem occurs before you install XBMC?
Did you search the Carbon support thread to see if anyone else has similar issues?

ikvat

Jul 29, 2014
No idea, I don't use either package. Surely you'd find better support in the ROM support thread though?

Did you wipe the cache partition?
Did you wipe the data partition prior to installing the ROM?
Did you install Gaps?
Did you see if the problem occurs before you install XBMC?
Did you search the Carbon support thread to see if anyone else has similar issues?

Hello fffft and thx for your help.
As a nob, i can't post on the appropriate forum yet, but yes, i wiped all i was able to wipe. I installed the appropriate gapps too. The problem is specific to xbmx and didn't occur before.

Edit : I reinstalled a Samsung stock rom and xbmc works like a charm. The problem is inherent to that carbon rom.

Last edited: