Bye guys... Got me a galaxy S2, very impressed. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
My X10, Crapped out on me a few days ago. I've wanted the galaxy S2 for a long time, so I made a deal with my career. and I couldn't be happier.
The speed and screen resolution on this thing is amazing on this phone.

Even the little things that Samsung thought about: Task manager, file manager, the fact that you can add a pattern lock and don't have to slide to unlock, the music controls in the notifications, the voice call controls in the notifications, the timer/stopwatch included in the clock, the neat graphics when you cut-n-paste is cool and even the magnifier when selecting text. This really shows Samsung's attention to detail. Now I see why this phone is so popular.

And thank god no more timescape bloat ware.

Sorry but Sony has a lot to catch-up to. I don't think even their Sony S will be on par with the S2

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sahibunlimited

stanzzzzz

Nov 16, 2010
Sydney
Sorry to say this bud, I still love my x10.. No matter which phone I m going to buy next I would always love my x10 cos I have learned so much stuff from my x10.

U comparing S2 to our old x10 tells me that x10 is and will be a great phone that you even thought abt comparing our x10 with ur awesome s2.:) lol

Think again bud with this old so called crap phone cab still run Xperia S widgets and still feels good.

Sorry to disappoint you peace.

Sent from my X10S using XDA

Reactions: miper82 and 180490

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Sorry to say this bud, I still love my x10.. No matter which phone I m going to buy next I would always love my x10 cos I have learned so much stuff from my x10.

U comparing S2 to our old x10 tells me that x10 is and will be a great phone that you even thought abt comparing our x10 with ur awesome s2.:) lol

Think again bud with this old so called crap phone cab still run Xperia S widgets and still feels good.

I can run quake 3 at 80FPS on my x10 mini pro... your point is?

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
There is no comparison between the X10 and the S2(it's a beast). But the X10 was my last Android phone....

Guys have either of you tried or played with a Galaxy S2? If not you have to try it just the speed and fludeness of the thing is impressive.

Even the little things that Samsung thought about: Task manager, file manager, the fact that you can add a pattern lock and don't have to slide to unlock, the music controls in the notifications, the voice call controls in the notifications, the timer/stopwatch included in the clock, the neat graphics when you cut-n-paste is cool and even the magnifier when selecting text. This really shows Samsung's attention to detail. Now I see why this phone is so popular.

And I'm not just referring to the hardware, it's also all the things I listed above, that Samsung has thought about that Sony for some reason didn't.

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
well,
Samsung will be ahead everytime of sony giving great specs and hardware with lots of features.

Sony will always try to give you the feel of a phone with its innovative designs and features.
I mean my x10 has survived so much in rain, it falls off frequently(very hard) and still not a scratch on its screen. I can bet S2 cant survive those falls.
I know some users like phones slim and light but I personally like them strong,sturdy and good design(which Sony/SE offers).

For me surely whenever my next phone will be it will be sony :)

Last edited:

Mister J

Mar 6, 2011
Sony puts out amazing phones, but they are always behind when it comes to the latest version of android. I cant lie though Sony phones are original and sexy.

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
well,
Samsung will be ahead everytime of sony giving great specs and hardware with lots of features.

Sony will always try to give you the feel of a phone with its innovative designs and features.
I mean my x10 has survived so much in rain, it falls off frequently(very hard) and still not a scratch on its screen. I can bet S2 cant survive those falls.
I know some users like phones slim and light but I personally like them strong,sturdy and good design(which Sony/SE offers).

Bought x10,on the floor in 5 days:D,screen broken:(

SGS2 slipped two times and no damage
My brother's same phone fell while driving,no starches:)

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
lol might be something wrong with your x10 :D because my X10 has seen really worse.
Once it fell in rain on road while driving.
battery was out.Picked up the parts,put the battery back after drying and it worked as if nothing happened before :p

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
lol might be something wrong with your x10 :D because my X10 has seen really worse.
battery was out.Picked up the parts,put the battery back after drying and it worked as if nothing happened before :p

Just one tip for u
Whenever water goes into phone take battery out ASAP
Its the battery which does damage to hardware
keep it in rice bag for 2 days and then turn phone on and hope much isn't damaged

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557909

Reactions: manojcitc

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
Just one tip for u
keep it in rice bag for 2 days and then turn phone on and hope much isn't damaged

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

yeah I know that.
my friend just ruined his iphone which got into washing machine by turning it on lol

and I wonder how can u compare s2 with x10(talking about the link you posted.Enjoying the replies lol )

androidunia

Jan 21, 2011
Malaysia
See my nationality first, buddy!!

Samsung Galaxy S2 is good but screen's durability is the problem as a lot of users started reporting in Korea....
I really don't like Samsung's plastic body even light because of that and, design (Samsung has no design at all) compare to Sony and HTC.

If new ?
Product made in China also good.... Samsung is in alert because of China, not because of HTC or Sony...

Really want to know for hardware built quality ? Should see after 1~2 years like cars...

Design...
Well, Samsung has no design at all compare to Sony and HTC....
For me, HTC is the best, very solid, friendly to developers + well developed fast Sense UI (TW is sucks!)..

I bricked 8 phones until now during heavily flashing custom roms, 7 units were Samsung....
Even one day, flashing several different roms to test for each unit but only Samsung's phone cannot stand this stress until cannot power on !!as my continue re-booting test So now, I am scare to flash several roms per day to test and comparison for Samsung devices.

Even stock rom,
Lots of users claim for screen.... mostly some part of touch screen's sensor stops working..

No matter what, design of Apple, no one can beat.... integration and stability of iOS software, no need to mention...
In Android ? We have Sony who not only focus of hardware quality but for unique UI (Timescape), too.

Nowadays... handphone is almost same price with Notebook (for me, still cannot accept, that's why I never bought new one in my life, if need to buy Samsung 2ndhand, alway buy units which still under warantee remained...) so I need something more than only PERFORMANCE, like HTC and Sony...

Well, my personal opinion for FUN only ~~

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
well,

have you seen this video, the S2 seems very sturdy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJp9EMRjXY

But I do have to admit my X10 fell a lot of times and no damage to the screen(that was impressive)

See my nationality first, buddy!!

Samsung Galaxy S2 is good but screen's durability is the problem as a lot of users started reporting in Korea....
I really don't like Samsung's plastic body even light because of that and, design (Samsung has no design at all) compare to Sony and HTC.

If new ?
Product made in China also good.... Samsung is in alert because of China, not because of HTC or Sony...

Really want to know for hardware built quality ? Should see after 1~2 years like cars...

Design...
Well, Samsung has no design at all compare to Sony and HTC....
For me, HTC is the best, very solid, friendly to developers + well developed fast Sense UI (TW is sucks!)..

I bricked 8 phones until now during heavily flashing custom roms, 7 units were Samsung....
Even one day, flashing several different roms to test for each unit but only Samsung's phone cannot stand this stress until cannot power on !!as my continue re-booting test So now, I am scare to flash several roms per day to test and comparison for Samsung devices.

Even stock rom,
Lots of users claim for screen.... mostly some part of touch screen's sensor stops working..

No matter what, design of Apple, no one can beat.... integration and stability of iOS software, no need to mention...
In Android ? We have Sony who not only focus of hardware quality but for unique UI (Timescape), too.

Nowadays... handphone is almost same price with Notebook (for me, still cannot accept, that's why I never bought new one in my life, if need to buy Samsung 2ndhand, alway buy units which still under warantee remained...) so I need something more than only PERFORMANCE, like HTC and Sony...

Well, my personal opinion for FUN only ~~

Who uses TimeScape?! It's just bloatware.
And I'm not talking about putting different ROMS. I'm purely speaking from a stock point of view. Samsung has done a better job thinking about all the little things vs Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptshun

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
My X10 flew out of a moving var and lived to tell the tale. Don't ask me how it's embarrassing... Lmao

Sent from a pyramid in Canadadada

kreuk

Feb 9, 2011
Alright Samsung and htc got sony on hardware and updates but please remember that sony got innovation and cool stuff just seeing what the xperia sola with floating touch is pretty awesome

Sent from my X10 using XDA

MattyOnXperiaX10

Oct 16, 2011
Alright Samsung and htc got sony on hardware and updates but please remember that sony got innovation and cool stuff just seeing what the xperia sola with floating touch is pretty awesome

Sent from my X10 using XDA

Sola is pointless.

Ask us any Android Related Question @FeraLabsDevs on Twitter

silveraero

Jul 19, 2011
New York
Xiaomi Poco F3
And I'm not talking about putting different ROMS. I'm purely speaking from a stock point of view. Samsung has done a better job thinking about all the little things vs Sony.

Many people uses it mate, jusy some don't like, but it makes the difference. Samsung UI sucks, extremely ugly to almost users, of course I don't think you hate it lol

Reactions: unreal_rik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My X10, Crapped out on me a few days ago. I've wanted the galaxy S2 for a long time, so I made a deal with my career. and I couldn't be happier.
    The speed and screen resolution on this thing is amazing on this phone.

And thank god no more timescape bloat ware.

Sorry but Sony has a lot to catch-up to. I don't think even their Sony S will be on par with the S2

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA

Just one tip for u

yeah I know that.
    my friend just ruined his iphone which got into washing machine by turning it on lol

and I wonder how can u compare s2 with x10(talking about the link you posted.Enjoying the replies lol )

lol yes,thats why i posted the link

Many people uses it mate, jusy some don't like, but it makes the difference. Samsung UI sucks, extremely ugly to almost users, of course I don't think you hate it lol