Mediaserver?

Search This thread

CrimsonCrap

Apr 15, 2014
So I have a bit of an issue with the mediaserver battery drain.I am on rooted stock (12.0.A.2.254) with sdcard swappped as primary using a script.The phone works fine with quite impressive battery life but I have noticed that whenever i play games my mediaserver battery drain increases massively.After I am done playing, the mediaserver also stops.I came from using a Huawei phone (on which I also had the sdcard as primary) and I used to play alot of high end games on it but mediaserver battery drain was never an issue.It never used to go past 6 percent.But with the Xperia SP, the mediaserver has more battery drain than the screen itself.I have uninstalled some bloatware but i highly doubt that's what might be causing it as the mediaserver only spikes while playing games.
Could the sdcard being set as primary have something to do with this?
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
So I have a bit of an issue with the mediaserver battery drain.I am on rooted stock (12.0.A.2.254) with sdcard swappped as primary using a script.The phone works fine with quite impressive battery life but I have noticed that whenever i play games my mediaserver battery drain increases massively.After I am done playing, the mediaserver also stops.I came from using a Huawei phone (on which I also had the sdcard as primary) and I used to play alot of high end games on it but mediaserver battery drain was never an issue.It never used to go past 6 percent.But with the Xperia SP, the mediaserver has more battery drain than the screen itself.I have uninstalled some bloatware but i highly doubt that's what might be causing it as the mediaserver only spikes while playing games.
Could the sdcard being set as primary have something to do with this?
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Search your SDcard and SDcard1 for 0kb and/or corrupted files/empty folders. Delete those