Netflix

Search This thread
CONFIRMED... This does work, it breaks swype though. Probably because our swype looks at the build.prop as well. Ill assume it breaks other things as well... BUT IT WORKS GREAT ON 3G! You have to reboot after editing build.prop, then install the apk. Running cm7 nighly 15

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Ok so now we need a little app to switch build.prop back and forth :)

Lootes

Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Netflix only launching on these devices is less hardware specific, type of processor or codec support, and more has to do with the drain on their servers. I am sure they want to see what load this group of devices puts on them and then slowly roll out more devices.

iamlilysdad

Aug 30, 2010
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Netflix only launching on these devices is less hardware specific, type of processor or codec support, and more has to do with the drain on their servers. I am sure they want to see what load this group of devices puts on them and then slowly roll out more devices.

I had the same thought. Makes perfect sense to me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

Spoo76

Sep 2, 2009
Palm Beach South Florida
Considering the very wide range of devices that stream Netflix already (PC,TV,Xbox,PS3,Wii,Tivo,Roku,Iphone,BD players ect ect )

I would think that's less of an Issue than Licensing. I would imagine they have to License each model/device as well as the android OS rather than "just android" or just LG & HTC ect.
That would make sense when you consider which devices got approval first (htc I believe? )

Live2Follow

May 24, 2009
Raleigh, NC
CONFIRMED... This does work, it breaks swype though. Probably because our swype looks at the build.prop as well. Ill assume it breaks other things as well... BUT IT WORKS GREAT ON 3G! You have to reboot after editing build.prop, then install the apk. Running cm7 nighly 15

It does, but I imagine that if you log into the swype website deactivate the current device and reinstall that it will work. I'm going to try this later, it checks build prop on install.

mastermindx85

Jul 19, 2007
Ok I can also confirm that this method works! Just streamed a movie and everything works. It does break swype but I reinstalled everything and it works!

atxandroid

Jun 17, 2010
Do you have to be running CM7 for this to work? I've made all of the changes, but the Netflix app will not open

fandroid93

Aug 30, 2009
can someone post a working netflix prop? i edited mine the way someone in this thread said it needed to be done and installed his apk and it opened but it sat at a black screen and would force close after a while, i tried pressing wait but it never worked. Im running CM7 11 i think. But i dont think running an old rom would matter, im about to update anyways.

crx4xharder

Nov 8, 2009
So was I right? Just deactivate the device and reinstall beta? I use swift, so I didn't test that.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
I just edited my build.prop to work with a swype.apk from a rom in the g2 forums. No beta for me lol. Its funny how all our posts are saying "sent from my htc vision/tmobileg2 using xda app" lol. It broke torch.apk also...

S.82

Jan 28, 2011
Don't know if this helps at all but Netflix is only working on G2 if you are using a STOCK Gingerbread kernel. CM7 and froyo roms are not able to get it working on a supported device.... has anyone tried it on the leaked gingerbread rom?

xalucardx

Aug 11, 2010
The lg revolution apk worked for me with gb leak just nees to edit the build prop

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

scepterr

Mar 26, 2008
NYC
www.scepterr.info
Only setting ro.product.model=HTC Vision & ro.product.manufacturer=HTC worked for me. Im running latest cm7 nightly.
Works well over HDMI with audio too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVrah

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
Is it safe to assume this is only working because of the different kernel version in the CM7 builds? I'm still on stock (waiting for an RC or stable CM7 build) but may consider moving to a nightly if it means that I can use this app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it to work on mine with CM7 build 16. but i didnt change all that in the build.prop just the following:

ro.product.model=HTC Vision
    ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
    I changed the same two lines that everyone changes, ro.product.device and ro.product.manufacturer. Setting everything back to stock and rebooting allowed proper Market access again.

Just to be more clear:

ro.product.device=HTC Vision

That's correct, isn't it?

No you need to change ro.product.model instead of ro.product.device

Change model to HTC Vision and change device back p999. Here's a few lines from mine:

ro.product.brand=lge
    ro.product.name=lge_star
    ro.product.device=p999
    ro.product.board=p999
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    I got streaming working. Download the attached apk. Backup your build-prop. and edit a new one with these changes:

Code:
    ro.product.brand=tmobile
    ro.product.name=vision
    ro.product.device=vision
    ro.product.board=vision

ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_vision/vision/vision:2.2/FRF91/277427:user/release-keys

This info was taken from another forum member, don't remember who it was.

I am running CM7 Nightly #16 with the Custom CM Kernal.
    Only setting ro.product.model=HTC Vision & ro.product.manufacturer=HTC worked for me. Im running latest cm7 nightly.
    Works well over HDMI with audio too.
    Latest Netflix working on G2x running CM7 get it here