[GUIDE] Iconia A100 ROOT and AD-HOC wi-fi enabled

Search This thread

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
i followed the instructions to root the tablet. this worked fine. i then followed instructions to replace the wpa_supplicant file with the one found on this forum for the motorola xoom that is meant to give ad hoc capabilities. i know the file replaced fine as the way the a100 behaves with regards wireless has changed. before there seemed to be a bug that it would always turn off the wireless when the screen went off no matter what the wireless behavior settings were. now it never turns off wireless even if the screen goes off.
if i set up a wireless network from my laptop using the intel My Wifi software if connects fine with WPA, it did this out the box. however if i set up an ad hoc netork on my laptop it will not connect correctly.
1. If I use WPA it just keeps saying connecing ---disconncted repeatedly
2. If I use WEP or no encryption it gets to the point of obtaining an ip address but never gets any further.
I have only tried with DHCP
Also with the ad hoc network it seems to make multiple networks in the wireless networks on the tab.
I was hoping someone could give me some specific help on this and maybe some up to date advice on the usbb host issue.
Thanks in advance.

you may already know this or not, but i found out today while working on someones a100.
usb host CANNOT be set up. the micro usb plug itself has NO POWER SUPPLY to run usb devices. it is data only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody. I've bought my A100 one month ago and i've rooted and added ad-hoc patch for it in order to have internet through wm cellphone.

i've rooted with this guide

androidforums.com/iconia-tab-a100-all-things-root/401598-rooting-a100.html

and added ad-hoc with this one:

batista70phone.com/2011/05/supporto-per-reti-ad-hoc-su-acer-iconia-a500/ (is in italian, if you need english tell me, I can translate it)

To avoid problems open the page from the tablet and copy/paste the commands, and remeber to SWITCH OFF WIFI AS SOON AS POSSIBLE before playing with the wifi files!!

I've also added to my winmo phone ( diamond ) WMWifiRouter in orde to share the connection from 3g on the phone to wi-fi on the tablet.

Everything works. You have only to start WMWiFiRouter on diamond or other wm6 device and than looking in the wifi list on tablet for the wireless just created ( Office Lan....etc ).

For convenience activate on cellphone "wifi always on" also if "display is off" trough Diamond Tweaks.

I hope this can be useful for someone else ;-)
    I did notice that the status bar icon that shows wifi doesn't seem to be showing signal strength properly.

Yeah, personally I have solved this issue with this wpa_supplicant, extracted from taboonay a500 rom.. I hope it can be usefull! :)