DOWNGRADE BOOTLOADER N7100 after flash XXDLL7

Search This thread

ohtoulouz

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

I have seen in Odia's post that the downgrade method involved two other files for the I9300 bootloader (param.bin and tz.img). These files also exist in N7100 bootloader package.
However, you do not refer to these files in your downgrade method: so, does the following command also applies to N7100:
# dd if=/sdcard/tz.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# dd if=/sdcard/param.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
or should we replace mmcblk0p2 and mmcblk0p4 locations by something else?
or can we simply skip these commands without risk?

Also, is XXDLJ2 bootloader valid for XXDLL4 ROM? Or do I need to find a XXDLL4 bootloader ?

Thanks,

Pierre.

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
Hi,

I have seen in Odia's post that the downgrade method involved two other files for the I9300 bootloader (param.bin and tz.img). These files also exist in N7100 bootloader package.
However, you do not refer to these files in your downgrade method: so, does the following command also applies to N7100:

Also, is XXDLJ2 bootloader valid for XXDLL4 ROM? Or do I need to find a XXDLL4 bootloader ?

Thanks,

Pierre.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2081748&page=12

manoutch

Nov 12, 2011
Grand Est

* Need ROOT!
* Extract from the archive, connect the device to the USB debugging mode (System settings/Developer options/USB debugging) and run.bat
attachment.php

* After this you are can to flash old ROM with old bootloader

Hello, sorry for noob question, but if i understand, to go back to 4.1.1 i use method above and that's enough?
( my bootloader: xxdma5)

Last edited:

ohtoulouz

Feb 2, 2011
Hello, sorry for noob question, but if i understand, to go back to 4.1.1 i use method above and that's enough?
( my bootloader: xxdma5)

Hello,

I did not try myself, but as far as I understand, you have to downgrade the bootloader according to this method, then flash the stock 4.1.1 you want with Odin.

Salut.

Pierre.

gabamoner

Nov 29, 2012
baguio city
Last week im on 4.1.2 dll7 and decided to fo back to 4.1.1 so I flashed it in odin pc.. and it works.. am I missing something?? Im a newbie any comment is appreciated

from Godfather GT-N7100
TRIANGALE AWAY can make your WARRANTY STAY

hit thanks if you love your phone

ludwiglaisne

Jul 1, 2008
Hi, I've flash my N7100 with Stock_Deodex_Rooted_N7100XXDMA6_N7100OXADMA5_N7100XXDLK7_XEF ...
Then I tried to downgrade bootloader... Impossible :(
Now my N7100 freezes all the time and seems to work only with this new Rom.
When I try to flash with KJ2 full wipe rom, it fail all the time on nand write...
If I re-install CWM, then try to restore any backup, it failed, with "can't mount data"...
Please, help me!

Last edited:

htctouch2t3333

Feb 12, 2010
Big Thanks

I was to the last firmware 4.3 and bootloader ML1 and now i have N7100XXALJ1_N7100ITVALJ1_ITV first firmware and bootloader. I made the downgrade to solve the wifi problem - not power on - and not working even with the first bootloader.
Ps. - in the folder "files1" i put the lastest adb files found on google and it worked wery well.
Thank you again and i hope to find a solution also for the wifi.:good:

xbean

Nov 23, 2011
MJ5 bootloader

The WiFi problem can be resolved with MJ5 bootloader. It works for me & many others. Search for N7100XXUEMJ5. Try it. :)

I was to the last firmware 4.3 and bootloader ML1 and now i have N7100XXALJ1_N7100ITVALJ1_ITV first firmware and bootloader. I made the downgrade to solve the wifi problem - not power on - and not working even with the first bootloader.
Ps. - in the folder "files1" i put the lastest adb files found on google and it worked wery well.
Thank you again and i hope to find a solution also for the wifi.:good:

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
@Odia I am from Indianand have DDUEML4 bootloader and currently running a custom kitkat rom. My knox flag is also 1.
So can I downgrade to MJ5 bootloader using this?

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

ramanadodda

May 16, 2010
Hyderabad
Not at all possible. Once your knox counter is 1. You can't revert back. As of now nobody created a crack for it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

terrord8158

Dec 11, 2012
Not at all possible. Once your knox counter is 1. You can't revert back. As of now nobody created a crack for it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I have a GT-N7100 with KK 4.4.2 (that include a XXUFND3 bootloader). Can I use Odia's method to downgrade the BL? Thanks.

(I don't care for the knox 0x01 for now)

d33pbluez

Mar 23, 2009
Just wondering, Can the downgrade fix up the GPS lock issue....i been noticing my GPS fail locking since upgrade of 4.3 while my friend whose still under 4.1 having permanent lock on the GPS without a problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Way to bring old bootloader found developer Odia. Is the thread fountainhead:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2081748

* Need ROOT!
    * Extract from the archive, connect the device to the USB debugging mode (System settings/Developer options/USB debugging) and run.bat
    attachment.php

N7100_RESTORE_OLD BOOTLOADER.zip

* After this you are can to flash old ROM with old bootloader

BOOTLOADER_N7100XXDLJ2.zip

CHECK BOOTLOADER

attachment.php

CHECK_BOOTLOADER.zip

Hi,

Thanks,

Pierre.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2081748&page=12
    As far as I could understand from the temporary transfers bootloader partition mmcblk0p1 into section mmcstl80?

location 0x1002080C is s5p_restart_handler INFORM3 aka reboot_mode
    reboot fota_bl sets MAGIC 0x12345676
    when mach_board_main is executed in sboot and location 0x1002080C has 0x12345676 then it will execute pit_update_bootloader_ota, all pretty simple really.

There is also another special mode of reboot sud which sets s5p_restart_handler to 0xABCF0000 but to discuss its function would be off topic here.
    I hope we will take our quarrel unfortunate misunderstanding yesterday - now that all ended so happily?

It's ended, no worries :good:
    o_O

I've seen that old BL is without "GT-N7100" on Start Screen, new - with. So its a newer than new? :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

No, BL without "GT-7100" it's a first bootloader test version, and this old bl from previous france ROM XXDLJ2...