Install htc one x drivers on Windows 8

Search This thread

mitchell985

May 2, 2012
Auckland
Basically installing windows 7 drivers on windows 8

Because when u install HTC sync their r no specific drivers for windows 8 so the driver folder is empty

1. jump on a windows 7 computer 32 or 64 bit the same as the windows 8 computer
2. download this the htc drivers HTCDriver install them
3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver copy the files and put them on the windows 8 computer
4. windows key + r to open the device manager then look under the other devices right click htc than update driver
5. click browse my computer for driver software then browser and find the drivers from the windows 7 computer
6. it well install and work fine

05525ffaff514af17ddcfca28e8b257d91ed91d338b85292a49a542cbad3d8bc6g.jpg

if u can't get on a windows 7 computer the 64bit drivers are here Driver Files
and start at step 4

Adb works fine HTC sync doesn't

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

biohaz55

Feb 9, 2010
Buxton
You can download HTC Sync Manager from http://www.htc.com/uk/software/htc-sync-manager/#download which can be installed on Windows 8 (although it may not run properly!).
This will install the correct HTC Drivers (32 or 64 bit) v3.0.0.023 which are later than the driver above.
If you don't require Sync Manager then that can be uninstalled afterwards without uninstalling the drivers.

Last edited:

mitchell985

May 2, 2012
Auckland
You can download HTC Sync Manager from http://www.htc.com/uk/software/htc-sync-manager/#download which can be installed on Windows 8 (although it may not run properly!).
This will install the correct HTC Drivers (32 or 64 bit) v3.0.0.023 which are later than the driver above.
If you don't require Sync Manager then that can be uninstalled afterwards without uninstalling the drivers.

the point why I wrote this if u install HTC sync normally on windows 8 the driver folder is empty because their is no drivers for Windows 8 so I wrote this to show people who didn't know that u can install the windows 7 drivers

Last edited:

razer1224

Feb 22, 2012
dude i dint even install the drivers it worked windows 8 is a champ.at drivers

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

huxleypig

Sep 24, 2010
I've still to find a reason for WIndows 8 . It's tech for tech's sake unless you have a touchscreen.

Zlotin

Jul 23, 2006
The City of Cologne
I've still to find a reason for WIndows 8 . It's tech for tech's sake unless you have a touchscreen.

I use it since first developer preview. And i can say, it`s faster than 7. I use dual boot, cause there are still some things I need under 7, and I compare them both on one machine, so i know what i`m saying.
And, untill now, I had no problems with drivers...

ipankil

Oct 19, 2012
Hey I can't use the USB tethering option on my windows 8 via HOX.... Whenever I select the USB tethering option on my phone my laptop doesn't read it.... Pls help..

Sent from my HTC One X

kuckuckmann

May 24, 2010
Really good stuff, thx for this help :)

But do anybody knows a possibility for sync via HTC Sync Manager?
This is still not working.

Last edited:

payamkh

Sep 10, 2012
Ramsar
If htc driver without above solution won't installing why my htc driver on widows 8 install and work .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

hccssn

Nov 25, 2010
HTC updated the installer and the Sync Manager, but it is not working.

During the installation, the installer is giving an error message, that the driver package can not be installed and it is asking, that we would like to continue with installation of sync manager... So, the 1.1.48 version is wrong.

But I found a workaround: You have to install first the older sync manager: 1.0.42.2 and then you have to update it to the newest 1.1.48.
The old version will install a HTC Driver version 3.0.0.024. During the update the error message appear, but you have already installed the drivers, so you can continue. With that workaround I have working the tethering and the sync maneger too.

Regards,
Herold

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basically installing windows 7 drivers on windows 8

Because when u install HTC sync their r no specific drivers for windows 8 so the driver folder is empty

1. jump on a windows 7 computer 32 or 64 bit the same as the windows 8 computer
    2. download this the htc drivers HTCDriver install them
    3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver copy the files and put them on the windows 8 computer
    4. windows key + r to open the device manager then look under the other devices right click htc than update driver
    5. click browse my computer for driver software then browser and find the drivers from the windows 7 computer
    6. it well install and work fine

05525ffaff514af17ddcfca28e8b257d91ed91d338b85292a49a542cbad3d8bc6g.jpg

if u can't get on a windows 7 computer the 64bit drivers are here Driver Files
    and start at step 4

Adb works fine HTC sync doesn't

If htc driver without above solution won't installing why my htc driver on widows 8 install and work .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Maybe because HTC updated HTC Sync and Sync Manager last month and they included drivers that work on windows 8 ;)