[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
Well I did a complete full wipe. Factory reset x2, wipe cache x2, then in the mounts wiped /system, /data, and /cache, then flashed pb8 again. Did the usual setup and then wiped /cache and flashed the keyboard fix. MMS does not work by default, will apply the apk fix.

I managed to get a GPS lock after waiting a good while in Navigation. Maps still enjoys force closing and/or rebooting my phone.

But hey, this is a pre-beta. It can only get better.

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
anyone know if there's a reason to have gallerygoogle and gallery2? or can one of them be removed?

Deck mentioned that we should expect the two versions on his twitter, but didn't say why. I have tried both out and they seem to be the exact same app(and neither have problems), so I don't think both are needed.

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
So far this build is great. Phone seams faster and less hanging apps. Great work Deck. Does anyone know if there is a change log somewhere? So I know what to test to see if I can see improvement or not in the areas that were changed.

Talking to him right now in IRC and asked him that very question. Said he doesn't have time to write out a change log for every release. Also, MMS and keyboard are still untouched so apply the apk and zip fixes respectively. A "major" bug is that sound settings force closes the settings. So take that into consideration. I have a nandroid of my pb8 run anyways.

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
Interesting, I seem to be able to access my sound settings without issue. Able to setup my system sounds, not a single force close for me.

However the playground settings force close on me.

Last edited:

JigSawMan

Sep 28, 2007
PB9 seems to have fixed the keyboard backlight when display brightness is not on automatic. Shift and function LEDs still do not work.

deerkiller11

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City Area
I thought I would give this ROM a try but I would like to know if wimax is working. I didnt see a link to a changelog and read in a post from earlier that deck doesnt do them, but does anyone know if wimax is working or if wifi tether works? Thanks for the help

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
I thought I would give this ROM a try but I would like to know if wimax is working. I didnt see a link to a changelog and read in a post from earlier that deck doesnt do them, but does anyone know if wimax is working or if wifi tether works? Thanks for the help

I honestly don't know. Have not tried them. I can in a bit once I flash pb10. I'll let you know then.

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
Wimax should not work on any ics Rom seeing as there are no Wimax ics phones even out so the drivers aren't out either

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium