[Q] gahhhhhhh! please please help

Search This thread

m4gkman

Apr 5, 2011
New York
i rooted my galaxy nexus last night, and today i was trying to put a rom on it, i went to wipe the cache, and now it wont boot past the google screen and im freaking out!

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Before you flashed did you wipe system? Huh I bet not even so you only mention wipe cache....what about data , dalvik ?

Did you read directions in the op for the ROM?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

m4gkman

Apr 5, 2011
New York
it told me to wipe to factory, i tried doing that and it just froze, and now it wont boot. im trying to figure all this out but im a little over my head unfortunately.

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Try booting into recovery and then wiping and flashing your ROM

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
I've never heard of that ROM but in fastboot will it let you use your volume and power keys to navigate to recovery? If not, try using fastboot commands on the computer to get into recovery (if you can? I'm not too acquainted with fastboot commands)

m4gkman

Apr 5, 2011
New York
you mean through terminal and stuff? my knowledge to this stuff is still pretty basic so im trying to grasp all of this

Beatsleigher

so fastboot is throught he computer?

Yes. Fastboot is used, in CMD (Windows) Gnome terminal (Ubuntu/Linux distributions) and the Mac OS terminal...

You need to install the ADB drivers and download the fastboot/adb files first, though (Check the Windows 8 thread (In my signature), all you need is in there...

Or, download a .Franco kernel (Check the developement section, for your device (GSM/verizon/Sprint) and search the forum...

Reactions: m4gkman

m4gkman

Apr 5, 2011
New York
i did fastboot and all that stuff on my laptop at home(the one i rooted it with), do i basically need to redo all of that?

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
That's fastboot. Try looking into fastboot commands and see if any command will let you boot into recovery from there.
No, that is not fastboot. That is recovery. He has the stock recovery flashed, which is the Android lying on its back with a red exclamation point.
i can get into recovery but then it shows the droid with the red alert
You need to flash CWM before you do anything else. Get it from the link in my signature and flash it in fastboot. Then boot into CWM, do a wipe, and re-flash the ROM you want.

Beatsleigher

No, that is not fastboot. That is recovery. He has the stock recovery flashed, which is the Android lying on its back with a red exclamation point.

You need to flash CWM before you do anything else. Get it from the link in my signature and flash it in fastboot. Then boot into CWM, do a wipe, and re-flash the ROM you want.

We've been there. Done that and got the T-shirt. The phone is working fine. Just installing CND 1.6

Beatsleigher

No, he hasn't been there, and obviously you didn't understand that.

If he sees the Android lying on his back with the red ! then he has the STOCK recovery flashed, not CWM.

CWM is flashed, it's installing CND (Or has installed) but whatever we do, it's a bootloop. lol) I'm doing everything, with him, whilst he's at work, via TV ^^

I'm seing exactly everything, what is happening, on the computer. I flashed everything myself...

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
CWM is flashed, it's installing CND (Or has installed) but whatever we do, it's a bootloop. lol) I'm doing everything, with him, whilst he's at work, via TV ^^

I'm seing exactly everything, what is happening, on the computer. I flashed everything myself...
Ah, ok! :) None of that was mentioned in the thread. Had no idea that you were helping him -- I thought you were helping him in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You buggered the boot image... Just flash it again, via fastboot...

They are normally in .Franco kernels...
    so fastboot is throught he computer?

Yes. Fastboot is used, in CMD (Windows) Gnome terminal (Ubuntu/Linux distributions) and the Mac OS terminal...

You need to install the ADB drivers and download the fastboot/adb files first, though (Check the Windows 8 thread (In my signature), all you need is in there...

Or, download a .Franco kernel (Check the developement section, for your device (GSM/verizon/Sprint) and search the forum...
    i did fastboot and all that stuff on my laptop at home(the one i rooted it with), do i basically need to redo all of that?

Yes, but just flash the boot.img

Code:
    fastboot flash boot %Userprofile%\Downloads\<Whatever the file is named>.img

We've been there. Done that and got the T-shirt. The phone is working fine. Just installing CND 1.6
    No, he hasn't been there, and obviously you didn't understand that.

If he sees the Android lying on his back with the red ! then he has the STOCK recovery flashed, not CWM.