[ROM] MiniCM9-3.0.5 [4/11/12]ICS 4.0.4/CM9.1 for the Χ10 mini pro

Search This thread

qtu

Dec 3, 2011
since the installation... an error msg keeps popping up " unfortunately, andorid keyboard has stopped working" how to get rid of this annoying thing ???

I didn't have that problem.

BTW, how can I uninstall Reloaded ICS whenever I don't want to keep it anymore?

Sent from my U20i using XDA

smallz2k

I flashed this with hotfix and gapps all at 1s ( my fault shudda tried just ROM 1st) anyway notification bar disappeared rebooted alot,made no difference,so couldn't use USB to reflash as I couldn't pull it dwn, also I couldn't set wallpaper,I could choose 1 but it wouldn't set,just black!
Removed dock divider as it was slightly covering bottom icons had to use pc companion and start again as md5 of backup didn't match?
Apart from that a big Thanyou to nAa and D_dog for some great work awesome 1st release on mimmi, camera(pic) zoom seemed amazing seems to zoom alot more also thnx to matamutant* for all yr testing and answering questions great job lads!!:confused::D:D:D

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

smallz2k

Thanks nAa!
I've switched from CM7 (with stock kernel) to this rom with nAa kernel. All went well (cost me 3.5 hrs to perform + all settings etc but now nice working phone again).

Read the FAQ and aware it's not a finished ROM yet, I do have few questions:

1. How to get rid of that extremely annoying language bar when in landscape mode? Haven't seen that for a year or something :p Now its back in CM9?
  2. When using a slide pattern to unlock and holding phone in landscape mode, the 3 slide dots on the right are partly off-screen. Bug?
  3. I was used to ZEAM launcher, but this integrated Launcher is nice (also I suppose it keeps showing in Settings wether I use different launcher or not). With ZEAM you had to option to use "gestures" in home screen. Slide up for [open Dialer] for example. I am soo used to this and not to press a small icon to make a call, I think many would like this feature. Could you add it?
  4. Also, the dock on the homescreen isn't left/right scrollable, this would be nice to have a few apps hidden right/left in the dock, all you have to do is scroll over it and see them.
    (perhaps only ZEAM had this? I cant remember Android without these two features).
  5. Is it normal Facebook isn't present in the Accounts/Sync settings anymore? I already logged into Facebook but it doesn't appear in the Accounts overview..

Can't you just download zeam launcher off play and in accounts and sync try add new account for your fb, :)

qtu

Dec 3, 2011
Just remove the ReloadedSettings.apk(clear data first) from /system/app and replace the SystemUI.apk with the original one.

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Clear data from CWM or clear the app data? Also, should I do this with Root Explorer? Thank you for your prompt reply. :)

kapazo

Sep 23, 2010
Athens
Addiotionally to the problems mentionted above i have to add that player crashes and is really slow after some time of listening to music.Also launcher and menu is very slow.We hope publishing new version shortly with fast menu and launcher and if possible adding ad hoc support.

faiyyaz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
PUNE
faiyyaz.xyz
I didn't have that problem.

BTW, how can I uninstall Reloaded ICS whenever I don't want to keep it anymore?

Just Re-flash the ROM without a fullwipe.. Ul be back to to normal.. DO not make full wipe. N u will remove the reloaded-ICS. :)

x10man

Nov 15, 2010
Great Paxton, Cambridgeshire
Addiotionally to the problems mentionted above i have to add that player crashes and is really slow after some time of listening to music.Also launcher and menu is very slow.We hope publishing new version shortly with fast menu and launcher and if possible adding ad hoc support.

I use doubletwist, and it doesn't crash or lag just sometimes sounds a little distorted for about a second

xsyrhies17

Mar 31, 2011
Pili, Cam Sur

Launcher, use Apex. Music, use Google Play Music or any music player out there. OC a bit for added performance.

qtu

Dec 3, 2011
Just the app data, sorry about that. Also, yes just use Root Explorer.

I did that and I ended up with a UI without the status bar. :D Then I did what faiyyaz said. And I'm back to normal. :D Thanks for the help guys. I just hope Reloaded ICS will be good for QVGA soon. :)

Re Music: I always experience that even if I use PowerAMP. What I did is to sacrifice multitasking by ticking "Don't keep activities" on Settings > Development. That helped a lot. I even have a lagless underclock to 480MHz (with a few UI hiccups of course except while playing music). Now, with that trick, I'm trying a stable OC to 806MHz (freezes while on heavy tasks with other ROMS especially GB ones).

The ICS system architecture surely is really heavy on RAM but UI-wise, its faster. I just hope that the MiniCM team will do some optimizations for our memory-limited smartphones just like what Paul did in his early builds of CM9.

BTW, speaking of Paul, since he opened his ICS source code for Mimmi, will someone continue the OXP project? I just hope nAa will open the source code to some libs such as the camera. :) Sorry for the offtopic.

nightwing369

Mar 8, 2011
Nottingham
www.youtube.com
I just hope that the MiniCM team will do some optimizations for our memory-limited smartphones just like what Paul did in his early builds of CM9.

BTW, speaking of Paul, since he opened his ICS source code for Mimmi, will someone continue the OXP project? I just hope nAa will open the source code to some libs such as the camera. :)
I fully agree with all of this that I have quoted here. It would be really great if the amount of free ram could really be pushed as far as we can possibly go. In pfonck's Eclair 2.1 rom he's managed to get up to 102MB free RAM memory. Could this rom, if tweaked, ever match that or even beat that??? :confused: ? Thanks :)

aulGSMfans

May 19, 2011
São paulo
As using the analog clock with the Launcher Apex ?

1Screenshot_2012-05-09-14-31-04.png

error :confused:

qtu

Dec 3, 2011
I fully agree with all of this that I have quoted here. It would be really great if the amount of free ram could really be pushed as far as we can possibly go. In pfonck's Eclair 2.1 rom he's managed to get up to 102MB free RAM memory. Could this rom, if tweaked, ever match that or even beat that??? :confused: ? Thanks :)

We don't know. I never saw a GB ROM with that huge free RAM. Also, as Sony blogged, ICS is a memory hog. I only got 40MB free RAM on OXP-002. I haven't monitor my RAM usage yet with MiniCM9. What this makes a faster Android version than Gingerbread is the full hardware acceleration. Only on ICS you can materialize the Adreno 200's potential. Actually, I left "Enable surface dithering" ticked because I don't see any improvements when this is disabled.

What I'm interested right now is to test the kernel samepage mapping with is sometimes referred as a juice killer.

Also, don't ask for ETA. But I'm expecting a June 1-5 release. :-D

Reactions: nightwing369

zilexa

Sep 14, 2010
Can't you just download zeam launcher off play and in accounts and sync try add new account for your fb, :)

The Facebook issue was Facebook app itself, after reinstalling and rebooting it appeared in Accounts&Sync (weird but ok now).

The letters/icons in the statusbar are a bit too small. Resizing the font doesnt change this. It's clearly too small for the resolution of the Mini Pro screen. Doesn't read that well. Hope this will change in future versions.

The language bar when using physical keyboard is reaally annoying. There was a fix for CM7 to hide/remove the bar but I cannot find it anywhere :( Any ideas?

Speed is indeed a bit of an issue.. but I don't think it has to do with the amount of free RAM at all. When I used CM7 I had not as much free RAM as I have now but it's notably slower. Still very much like this rom so I am not going back :)

Many thanks nAa and also to the (FreeXperia?) Team!

BTW: I switched to ZEAM Launcher and it's a lot faster launcher then the stock one. Opening Dialer or Settings still takes a lot of time. But launcher itself is ok now. I can definitely recommend it. Only thing: in Settings you have "Launcher", can this be hidden when you select a different default Launcher? Because that item is obsolete.
edit: although I recommend Zeam, the Trebuchet launcher looks was very good, and integrated nicely. Compliments for that! But it just misses a few features and was slow for me. But I can imagine future versions will convince me to switch back.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MiniCM9_logo_600x424.png

Visit Project's page @ google code

MiniCM9 is an unofficial port of CyanogenMod 9 for the SEMC msm7x27 devices. MiniCM9 is running Android ICS on top of the nAa-ics kernel.

Notes:
    • To cookers: If you want to use parts or all of this ROM for your custom cooks, read this first.
    • To everyone: Please don't mirror this ROM
    • MiniCM9 is built for the X8 / x10mini / x10minipro range. It is quite stable and the most feature-complete ICS ROM, perfect for day to day use
    • This is a team work by DaRk_dOg and me
    • For Troubleshooting common issues visit: http://code.google.com/p/minicm/wiki/Troubleshooting

FAQs (Many thanks to matmutant)

If you have a question, please READ THIS before posting and also use the SEARCH button at the top right ->
    searchi.jpg

If you want a more relaxed chat, or have issues with MiniCM, visit the MiniCM chat

(Thanks to thanhhungtn1, SafiXS)

Before posting an issue wipe (factory reset) via CWM at least once.

Features:
    • Built for LDPI
    • Full hardware acceleration (the ICS way)
    • Camera
    • Opengl rendering
    • MiniCM Update notifications via c2dm (Settings -> System -> Update notifications)
    • App2sd / Dalvik2sd compatible with 2.1 app2sd (storing to ext2/3/4 pre-existing partition is detected and mounted as such)
    • Android's native App2sd (move to sdcard, storing to fat)
    • In kernel ClockworkMod recovery v5.5.0.4 and option to reboot into Recovery
    • Modular Undervolting handled Settings -> Performance menu (by default not active)
    • KSM support
    • Extra Settings display option for Ultra brightness, also handled via notification bar icons ;)
    • Smooth 2D scrolling in menus
    • Native Wifi Hotspot
    • Native USB tethering
    • Native Bluetooth tethering

Bugs: (Please use the project's tracker for reporting bugs. Please file them properly following the template or they will be discarded.)

Requirements:

Instructions:
    • Download the MiniCM9-xxx.zip from the release link that follows
    • Backup your /data contents: contacts, apps, sms, etc. or backup via recovery
    • Move the MiniCM9-xxx.zip to the root folder of your sdcard. Download the suggested Google Apps for CM9 from here (check http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ if you want to experiment with other gapps versions)
    • Make sure you are using the nAa-ics kernel
    • Enter CWM and:
      - Select 'backup and restore -> Backup'
      - Select 'wipe data/factory reset' (MUST DO)
      - Flash the MiniCM9-xxx.zip. To do this, Select 'install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard' and select the MiniCM9-xxx.zip
      - Flash gapps in the same way
    • Reboot (first boot will take ~2 mins)
    • Once your device has booted, you can use the nAa notification to register for upcoming updates. This way you can get update notifications on new versions of MiniCM9 and the nAa-ics kernel!

Please make sure you followed the above steps before reporting any issues, especially 'wipe data/factory reset'

Downloads: do NOT mirror

MiniCM9-3.0.5

chart

Donate:
    If you are enjoying my work please consider donating: .
    Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time on this project.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this ROM bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!

Changelog:
    - 4/11/12 MiniCM9 3.0.5 build
    - 25/7/12 MiniCM9 3.0.4 build
    - 5/7/12 MiniCM9 3.0.3 build
    - 27/5/12 MiniCM9 3.0.2 build
    - 5/5/12 MiniCM9 3.0.1 build
    Build Changelog:

### MiniCM9-3.0.5
    * CyanogenMod 9.1 code base
    * HW Video encoder/decoder
    * YouTube HQ
    * Camcorder 640x480

### MiniCM9-3.0.4
    CyanogenMod 9 RC2 code base

### MiniCM9-3.0.3
    * Sim lock dialog not showing up
    * Long-pressing the HOME button toggles flashlight (option in Settings -> Lockscreen -> Security)
    * Back button ends current call option in Settings -> Accessibility
    * Bugreporting by pressing vol down + vol up + power. Attach this report on bugs that you open on the project's tracker
    * Shakira sensors axes mapping corrected
    * A2SD settings
    * Swap settings
    * Dhcpd from sources
    * Partition info Settings menu
    * Option to disable bootanimation for faster boot
    * MiniCM9 aroma-based installer (for robyn and shakira)
    * Notification bar icon for app switching
    * Faster app startup

### MiniCM9-3.0.2
    * MiniCM9 theme - to be used only with the MiniCM9 ROM
    * Kernel bootlogo animation now finishes before MiniCM9 boot animation starts
    * Autobrightness levels fixed
    * Recovery version in Settings -> About Phone
    * Updates for camerahal
    * camera: barcode scanners fix
    * camcoder: 352x288 resolution
    (higher resolution is possible but has audio/video sync issues due to missing codecs)
    * FM Radio app now enables bluetooth when it starts
    * SmartassV2 governor as default
    * Many fixes from CM: theme manager, lockscreen icons, Apollo, etc.
    * Fixed reboot hanging issues (when rebooting from power button)
    * Fixed some A2SD issues

### MiniCM9-3.0.1
    * Functional Camera (SEMC libcamera, camcorder not working)
    * Many fixes from CM
    * libcopybit (shakira)
    * Fixed banding issues
    * Bluetooth a2dp
    * Ultra brightness setting is now persistent on boot
    * Sim and timezone fixes are included
    * Fixed power draining issues
    * Kernel update
    * MimmiParts.apk, thanks to: madbulls

### MiniCM9-3.0.0
    * CM9 - Android 4.0.4 code baseline
    * Full Hardware Acceleration with Adreno ICS libs
    * For use with nAa-ics kernel line only
    * Built for MDPI - shakira, LDPI - robyn, mimmi
    * MiniCM9 theme
    * GSM/SMS/Data(3G, EDGE)
    * Wifi
    * Wifi Tethering
    * Usb mass storage
    * Usb tethering
    * Bluetooth
    * Bluetooth Tethering
    * FM Radio
    * Flash led (Torch app)
    * ADB at boot
    * Sensors
    * OpenGL Rendering for gui
    * Libaudio from sources
    * Software Video decoder
    * Vibration
    * GPS
    * App2sd (storing to ext4. Detect ext4 partition and swap and usingmount as such)
    * Native android moving apps to sdcard
    * Flash led (Torch app) (for robyn, mimmi)
    * Stock SE T9 keyboard (for robyn, mimmi)
    * Offline charging
    * Reboot menu - boot into Recovery
    * Gallery, Browser, Live Wallpapers and Gmail are fully working
    * OTA Update notifications for both kernel and ROM
    * Network stats via Settings -> Data usage
    * Undervolting via Settings -> Performance menu
    * Ultra brightness via Settings -> Display menu
    Performance
    MiniCM9 along with the nAa-ics kernel, includes some interesting performance improvement points:
    • System -> Performance -> Processor -> CPU governor and frequency --> SmartassV2 is suggested. Overclocking can be set as higher as your device can take
    • System -> Performance -> Processor -> Undervolting --> Enable this to get better battery life
    • System -> Performance -> Memory management -> zRam (Compcache) --> By default this is set to 18% in order to provide more physical memory (RAM)
    • System -> Performance -> Kernel samepage merging -> Enable this to get smaller memory footprint due to memory sharing among apps (Note that this might increase battery consumption)
    Components

### Built from sources
    * libaudio
    * libgralloc
    * hwcomposer
    * libsensors
    * liblight
    * fm Radio
    * camerahal
    * libcamera
    * bluetooth

### Done
    * Camcorder
    * HW Video encoder / decoder
    Hello pro community ;)

MiniCM9-3.0.1 is released today for the x10mini pro.
    This is a team effort so you should be thanking everybody: Implementation-wise D_d is making the visuals and preparing the MiniCM9 theme that will be included in upcoming versions. Testing and support-wise matmutant is doing an excellent work. Specifically for the pro, many thanks to leajian and siddardha21 for their device-specific testing and suggestions.

Note that CM9 is still very young and there are still a lot of bugs to be fixed and features to be implemented. Please only contribute positively to the discussion, try to find fixes / workarounds if you can and suggest them to the rest of the users. As always I'm open to patches and suggestions.

Enjoy you camera with ICS :D