[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 on SGH-T989D HELP!

Search This thread

GONINANE

Jul 9, 2014
Hey guys, I really need your help! I'm trying to install Cyanogenmod 11 on my S2X. Problem is, my S2X runs Android 4.0.3 and does not have the radio needed to install Cyanogenmod 11. I am not able to update my device to Android 4.1.3, so I was able to find a zip file of the Jelly Bean radio that is able to meet Cyanogenmod's standards. Can I put a 4.1.3 radio on my phone running 4.0.3? Would it work? If not, can you explain any other methods to get around this?

D

Darth

What recovery are you using?? Chances are its outdated. Unless you just updated it?

Once you update that....take a nandroid backup, so you can restore it if things don't work out.....then wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data....NOT internal SD....then flash the radio, then the ROM. Then gapps.

My advice tho....make sure you have everything downloaded to your phone, of course....and download a couple ROMs. If cm doesn't install, or won't boot....try another one....doing the same procedure.

If none of that works.... Restore your nandroid you just did.

Worst case tho....be prepared to Odin stock back on your device.

Have to be prepared for anything with this stuff. ;)

GONINANE

Jul 9, 2014
What recovery are you using?? Chances are its outdated. Unless you just updated it?

Once you update that....take a nandroid backup, so you can restore it if things don't work out.....then wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data....NOT internal SD....then flash the radio, then the ROM. Then gapps.

My advice tho....make sure you have everything downloaded to your phone, of course....and download a couple ROMs. If cm doesn't install, or won't boot....try another one....doing the same procedure.

If none of that works.... Restore your nandroid you just did.

Worst case tho....be prepared to Odin stock back on your device.

Have to be prepared for anything with this stuff. ;)

Thank you for your advice! I'm using CWM recovery 6.0.4.3. If this version is outdated do you think this is the main source of my problem? When I tried to install CM it told me it couldn't because my radio wasn't new enough, so I thought that was the main source of my problem. I realized that it needs the Jelly Bean radio (TLMC4) whereas I have the Ice Cream Sandwich radio (TLLE4). If I installed the Jelly Bean radio on my Ice Cream Sandwich device, do you think that would work also?

Last edited:
D

Darth

I would just flash radio, then ROM. After backing up in recovery.

No need to ever boot into ICS with the new radio. ;)

Personally....its more work, but I'd Odin 4.1.2 on your phone first. Then you will be up to date. Then flash recovery again....whatever is recommended in cm thread, and root. Then flash cm. Again...after a backup. Always nandroid backup first.

GONINANE

Jul 9, 2014
I would just flash radio, then ROM. After backing up in recovery.

No need to ever boot into ICS with the new radio. ;)

Personally....its more work, but I'd Odin 4.1.2 on your phone first. Then you will be up to date. Then flash recovery again....whatever is recommended in cm thread, and root. Then flash cm. Again...after a backup. Always nandroid backup first.

Alright, I'll Odin 4.1.2 but I cant find a download for my phone (SGH-T989D). Can you help?