[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 ND8 (ND8 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

Search This thread

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
So does this unroot ur phone or is this for unrooted phones. I ask because i have a rooted sprint galaxy S3 running Wicked S5 on ND8 but I'm trying to fully unroot it and return to complete stock so will this work for me. Thanks for the help.
Yes. Odin flash stock, format internal sd, then factory data reset in Stock recovery is what I do to ensure a clean device for sale or return. If you're on NJ2 firmware you'll want to use that tar.

SKNur2l.jpg

Reactions: bstangs1

bilgerryan

Reactions: bstangs1

uneeq_jay

Apr 4, 2015
I have this boost sph-l710 with standard stock running great until there was an update for the android os I tried to run but the installation failed and wouldn't boot into the android os again. This one click odin seems to be a great simple method however I'm getting an odd error from the odin one click program immediately after running it and it checks the md5 I get this error MD5 Hash value is invalid. any help or advice is appreciated, thanks

bilgerryan

I have this boost sph-l710 with standard stock running great until there was an update for the android os I tried to run but the installation failed and wouldn't boot into the android os again. This one click odin seems to be a great simple method however I'm getting an odd error from the odin one click program immediately after running it and it checks the md5 I get this error MD5 Hash value is invalid. any help or advice is appreciated, thanks
That means you have a bad download. I suggest the NDC tar for Boost.

SKNur2l.jpg

Reactions: uneeq_jay

bilgerryan

That means you have a bad download. I suggest the NDC tar for Boost.

thanks for the reply. I'm new to all this and just noticed that this is for sprint
md5sum is how Odin checks for file continuity (you sound check it yourself on ROMs) to ensure that the file you have is the same as the original. Wifi connection is recommended for files this large. Also download on your PC if possible (it will save you a step in the end). Some browsers have .tar files blacklisted and will download them as a zip, if this happens change your settings and redownload.

SKNur2l.jpg

mrhanky89

Nov 24, 2010
Moto G Stylus 5G
I lost my IMEI, baseband info, and all other info on the phone. This was suggested as a solution to other people who had the same problem. However I am running into an error

jcIWnJv.jpg

Any ideas?

Reactions: bilgerryan

bilgerryan

I lost my IMEI, baseband info, and all other info on the phone. This was suggested as a solution to other people who had the same problem. However I am running into an error

jcIWnJv.jpg

Any ideas?
You're either on NJ2/NJ3 or you have a bad cable. If you are on NJ2/NJ3 you have to Odin that tar.

SKNur2l.jpg

mrhanky89

Nov 24, 2010
Moto G Stylus 5G
You're either on NJ2/NJ3 or you have a bad cable. If you are on NJ2/NJ3 you have to Odin that tar.

SKNur2l.jpg
Those are stock bootloaders correct? My S3 is rooted and I have Clockworkmod recovery at the moment. What alternative to that NJ2/NJ3 bootloader could I use? Could it also be the drivers? I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I wasn't able to write the PRL with DFS and I can't even browse or transfer files on it though I can see directories. The odd thing is that when I connect my Samsung Admire, it reads it fine so I am using that to transfer files to the SD. I also tried using ODIN and flashing L710VPUCNDC_L710SPTCNDC_L710VPUCNDC_HOME.tar but it would not work

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Those are stock bootloaders correct? My S3 is rooted and I have Clockworkmod recovery at the moment. What alternative to that NJ2/NJ3 bootloader could I use? Could it also be the drivers? I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I wasn't able to write the PRL with DFS and I can't even browse or transfer files on it though I can see directories. The odd thing is that when I connect my Samsung Admire, it reads it fine so I am using that to transfer files to the SD. I also tried using ODIN and flashing L710VPUCNDC_L710SPTCNDC_L710VPUCNDC_HOME.tar but it would not work
Yeah it probably wiped out your drivers

SKNur2l.jpg

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)

Re install all your drivers

mrhanky89

Nov 24, 2010
Moto G Stylus 5G
Do I need to use Odin with a stock bootloader or can it be done with TWRP or CWM? I installed Windows 7, re-installed drivers, and I keep getting errors with Kies, the one-click installer, and using Odin to flash a stock rom in a tar compressed archive, and a smaller .tar compressed archive for just a recovery doesn't flash either. Read on another forum that I should take out the SD card while flashing and I have done that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone - sorry this has taken so long to get posted. I've been out of town and am just getting back in and caught up.

First, a HUGE thanks goes @garwynn for working with me on all these one-clicks. Second, thanks goes to @DR_CDMA for posting the original TAR here.

This Odin One-Click.exe contains the Stock ND8 Bootloader, Kernel, Modem and ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710). Yes, that means this comes with the full Knox Bootloader.

There has been no change to the ROM from the initial build released by Samsung.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the Odin flash count.

This one-click resets your whole phone to the stock ND8 experience, similar to a factory restore and it may wipe all data. It also contains the full bootloader and Knox.

Instructions:
    1: Backup anything important and Disable any PINs.
    During this process your phone's software will be returned to the Stock setup. All system data will be lost. To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or Dropbox.

2: Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary).
    Samsung Drivers Download Link

3: Download the ND8 Stock ROM One-Click.
    SPH-L710_ND8_Full Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe (Resets user data)

4: Unzip One-Click ROM using 7zip (this package is a self-extracting exe you should just be able to double-click on it after download and it will do the rest).

5: Start the Odin One-Click.
    Navigate to the location where the SPH-L710_ND8_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive.
    Double-click on SPH-L710_ND8_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

6: Place phone in Download Mode.
    - Power phone completely off.
    - Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
    - Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
    - Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

7: Connect USB cable to PC and phone.
    Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

8: Start Odin flash process.
    Press [Start].

9: Complete - PASS!
    Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.

Android Instructions:
    It is not recommended to flash this build using Mobile Odin. There have been reports of devices being hard bricked from doing so.

The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Sprint 4G logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Factory Restore ND8 build!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 ND8 (ND8 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    rwilco12
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2015-02-09
    Last Updated 2015-02-09
    @rwilco Are you gonna make a no data version.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Actually I need to update the OP. I copied and pasted an old one and missed a line. This should not wipe data as Samsung has quit including the wipe commands in their releases. This is still a full restore in the sense that everything but user data is wiped and restored to factory defaults. You should be good with this as your no data but please still make a nandroid or other backup just in case.
    You're welcome!

True dat. Good reminder, at least two or three people have mentioned that their 32GB internal SPH-L710s now think that they are 16GB ones. I'm amazed that no 32GB stock user has been found yet who took the OTA instead.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

Well if any 32GB users have had this issue, I know how to fix it at least. You need the 32GB PIT file for your exact model and just have Odin flash the ND8 with the PIT file and have Repartition checked and load the PIT file with the button labeled PIT. I just did it and I'm all fixed up.
    Hi @rwilco12, thanks for your work as always!

I wanted to mention, since you may not have seen in your catching up, that at least one user tried using Mobile Odin with the original stock ND8 tar and it hard bricked their phone.

I wasn't sure if you wanted to delete your directions on how to use your one click with Mobile Odin in case it causes a hard brick too, and just leave your warning that it's not a suggested method and that doing so hard bricked at least one user's phone.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

OP updated! Thanks for pointing that out.