[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-11-12][WIP] ics-deck-inc [alpha5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jblack55

Jun 21, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 6a
OK new ? Or maybe one that's been covered and I cant find on mobile app search. Is there an issue with GPS on 3rd party app like navigon? Maps seems to work OK but no lock on navigon....... thanks in advance and for help. And again sorry of this was covered.
I love this ROM!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

UserEcho11

Dec 31, 2010
North Hollywood
OK new ? Or maybe one that's been covered and I cant find on mobile app search. Is there an issue with GPS on 3rd party app like navigon? Maps seems to work OK but no lock on navigon....... thanks in advance and for help. And again sorry of this was covered.
I love this ROM!!!

I had an issue for a while where the GPS lock wouldn't be close enough on Navigation, so when I was actually on the freeway, it would detect me as being on a little street next to the freeway and would end up constantly telling me to get on the freeway. But that was fixed with the last update to maps.

You might want to try an app called GPS Status & Toolbox. Sorry for the lack of technical terminology, but it basically resets your GPS or something along those lines... I've used it with other roms in the past and it's helped get a signal.

Woops forgot to tell you how I used it to actually help... Download the app, open the app, hit menu, and then "Tools", "Manage A-GPS State", tap "Reset" and then tap "Download".

IF the radar even on this app won't pass you data... well then it's something more technical than I could actually help you with so sorry. But hey! Least I tried right?

Last edited:
Reactions: jblack55

TheBr0ken

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2011
Number pad icon is not an option during activation which *22899 will solve. Normal calls and those that require numeric input hit the first icon that appears at the bottom left.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Think I got a bad flash lol, if I dial any number and call it force closes the phone.
My rom is unusually slow then it should be, and has been live freezing (Your phone freezes but keeps the screen alive) Non responsive.

Guess ima flash again sometime soon.

AlexNC75

Jun 30, 2010
So, the only thing not working on this rom is video? How does it compare to Cyanogen 7 nightlies... worth the update?

So, the only thing not working on this rom is video? How does it compare to Cyanogen 7 nightlies... worth the update?

I wouldn't say that's 100% accurate, although I do think it's worth the update over CM7

Here is a list that I made a few day's ago in the RootzWiki thread for this ROM in response to someone's question about what sorts of problems people are having...
  • Smoothness - Gets better with every version but still not all the way there. Very inconsistent (super smooth at times, super slow at times)
  • General Stability:
    • Random Freezes (restarts after a minute-ish, or you can do a battery pull), especially when plugging/unplugging from power
    • Random Restarts
    • Paging through widgets causes the launcher to crash a lot (unless you move to Nova Launcher)
  • New Android 4.0 Data usage monitoring tools don't work
  • New Android 4.0 Panorama camera mode doesn't work
  • Camcorder doesn't work on this rom, and only works at low quality in Evervolv
  • SD Mounting doesn't work without additional apps/widgets (works in Evervolv)
  • Exchange calendar syncing (fixed in Evervolv, not sure about deck)
  • A lot of people have problems with the gallery app and have needed to find alternatives
  • The LEDs for the capacitive buttons don't turn on/off the way they should (personally, I like having them off so this isn't a problem)
  • Selecting Silent in the power-button menu goes to vibrate instead (for some reason). Have to do it again, once you're on vibrate, for it to actually go to silent.
  • Barcode scanning doesn't work
  • I've seen a lot of people complaining about problems with apps on SD, but I keep all my apps on my phone so I can't confirm that.
  • I think I also remember something about walpaper scrolling, but I don't know what the issue is exactly
That's all I can think of at the moment.

I think this is mostly accurate, although I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong,

Reactions: AlexNC75

jonzin

Oct 13, 2010
I intalled that new launcher, Apex Launcher. It is working nicely...incase anyone was on the fence.

Does the internet browser for this rom sync with Chrome?

It syncs bookmarks with my google account. I'm sure chrome has an option to do the same... so I'm thinking the answer to your question is probably yes.

Speaking of the web browser... has anyone noticed the option in labs for "Quick controls"? It is pretty awesome.

pmacster

May 31, 2011
Does anyone know if the scanners don't work because of ics and the scanners need upgrading, or is it problems with the roms? I can't use the in three of the ics roms.

jblack55

Jun 21, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 6a
Does anyone know if the scanners don't work because of ics and the scanners need upgrading, or is it problems with the roms? I can't use the in three of the ics roms.

can someone upload an apk from a nexus ICS and we can try that? I am having the same issue and was wondering the same thing. I guess we could always search the Nexus forums for a stock ROM and extract ourselves. Anyone have any input on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    buh bye xda.

-deck
    I'd just like to request that people try not to make a competition out if this and pit ROMs/devs against each other. Myself, preludedrew, deck, and others all talk and collaborate on fixes & features. We are doing this for fun...at least that's my goal. Having choices for ICS is a great thing and helps meet the various preferences people have.
    I like the ICS keyboard, but if I was driving for example...there's no way I could use it. And I really like t9, its so much easier to use IMO

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

I hope you type while driving and crash into a brick wall before you end up crashing into a minivan full of kids. :)

Don't take your eyes off the road.
    Anyone flashed both and have any thoughts on this?

R2's ROM at least has a much more detailed changelog and list of what works/doesnt work. With nothing else to go on, I have to assume that the better-documented one is the better ROM.

I'd like to hear what people think though.

Both work about the same. Though I had fewer fc's using Inc decks, but that doesn't really mean anything as they are both pre-alpha.

Make sure you guys understand what you're doing with this build, as in, if it won't boot or you boot loop or get stuck, the problem is what YOU are doing, and not the rom.

First of all, if you haven't checked the Md5 sum then you're really wasting your time and shooting blind. It HAS to match EXACTLY.

Second, follow the dev's instructions exactly as they wrote them. That means wipe and format the areas listed, and install the proper files in the proper order. So if he says to install the rom first, don't reboot yet, then install gapps, then reboot, then do it in that order.

Third, pay attention to what your phone is doing during the installation, ensuring you get all the messages you're expecting.

Fourth, be PATIENT. Consider what it is your phone is doing the very first time you boot up after installation: building and loading, compiling and accessing files and db's for the FIRST time. Let your phone do it's job and give it some time before you go munching on the sammich.

And finally, be cool. Don't come in here on an Alpha pre release thread and stink up the joint. (say "*****, be cool") If you can't seem to get it to take, then try a different method. Download the rom on a computer and transfer it to your phone, see if you get a different md5. Flash the rom zip, then flash it again right away before anything else. You make it through the setup screen, reboot the mofo and let it gain some proficiency.

One more thing, all the time and effort these guys put in to get these out is free of charge. Keep that vibe going however you can.

Much love my friends

Sent from SkyNet's Matrix in a galaxy far, far away, where no one has gone before...
    Did anyone figure out how to get su to get root access on 8?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Download the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip from the androidsu website and flash at recovery.