[ROM] MiniCM9-3.0.5 [4/11/12]ICS 4.0.4/CM9.1 for the Χ10 mini pro

Search This thread

drfr

Jul 6, 2011
Púchov, Slovakia
... and let me add one more thing. You have to be sure, when jugging your battery stats while the device is idling, whether it is really idling.
I´m using BetterBatteryStats apk, which I heartily recommend to anybody who wants to get a decent review of what´s your phone doing while it pretends doing nothing. Search xda for the thread. It was not very straightforward to understand the info it gave for an amateur like me, but now I´ve got a rocksteady conviction,
that it´s the radio chip which is to blame and nothing else /this could be self-evident for advanced users, but I wanted to ward off "disable this or that, wipe stats etc." kind of posts/.
In my view, If we want to compare the testings results, we have to be sure nobody´s situation is influenced by some app/process setting wakelocks. The phone really has to be in deep sleep.

bojler

Dec 23, 2010
Since the update to 302 my phone does not correctly my swap partition. I have a 265MB partion but the phone thinks i just have about 37MB . But in 301 it worked. So has anybody an idea. I already formated my sdcard sometimes but everytime these fkin 37MB ;-)

Or do i really have to downgrode 301?

Thx for reply. :D

Sent from my U20i using XDA

that 37 mb that you are referring to is compcache (zram). actually in latest minicm9 version, swap partition isn't automatically recognized, you must do this manually via terminal. or if you want to start it automatically on boot do the following:

open /system/etc/hw_config.sh in text editor and add following lines at the end:

Code:
mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p[B][COLOR="lime"]2[/COLOR][/B]
swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p[B][COLOR="Lime"]2[/COLOR][/B]

where the bold green part is number of your partition: put 3 if you have fat, sd-ext and swap, or put 2 if you have fat and swap partition only.

later you can check if swap is activated by typing "free" in terminal.

rommelkhan

Aug 11, 2009
Screen Blank

The Screen sometimes goes blanks.and have to restart the Device!!! does this happen for anybody??or can u suggest an alternative..The Rom Works wonders apart from this..

jimyy

Mar 21, 2011
Market force close

Hi

I have problem with Market, everything working until start download app, after this app force close and can't run Market again, when clean data of app can run Market but, the same situation when try download some app.
Any ideas guys?

I think it is some problem with downloading, but no idea what?

Reactions: bazsx

xsyrhies17

Mar 31, 2011
Pili, Cam Sur
Hi

I have problem with Market, everything working until start download app, after this app force close and can't run Market again, when clean data of app can run Market but, the same situation when try download some app.
Any ideas guys?

I think it is some problem with downloading, but no idea what?

Did you flashed gapps or you just installed the market apk? Also, you still using android market not play store?

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Reactions: jimyy

lechuckthepirate

Nov 9, 2009
Barcelona
I've noticed that some performance settings don't get saved when I change them as processor overclock and memory sharing... I think I read about it some time ago when this version was released...

Is there any solution for it? Everytime I reset my device clock speed returns to 600mhz and memory sharing to disabled...

Cheers!

I found a solution for the clock speed changing it directly in /system/etc/hw_config.sh ... is there anything like that for Shared Memory?

Thanks!

jimyy

Mar 21, 2011
Did you flashed gapps or you just installed the market apk? Also, you still using android market not play store?

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
i flashed gapps gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip but in this pack no market, so i install market manually.
From gapps-ics... i del files which i do not use, maybe del market whitch files are important:

which apps are important:
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
GalleryGoogle.apk
GenieWidget.apk
GoogleBackupTransport.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
GoogleTTS.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
Phonesky.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
VoiceSearch.apk

I use only this:
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
VoiceSearch.apk
I del folder system\tts from gapps-ics...zip cause I no use tts

Old Market 3.4.4 no working only Play Store 3.5.19 working how i write before.

xsyrhies17

Mar 31, 2011
Pili, Cam Sur
Yes, but for me occurs only when phone is idle, and takes about 30 seconds to respond.

Press power then home/back button.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

i flashed gapps gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip but in this pack no market, so i install market manually.
From gapps-ics... i del files which i do not use, maybe del market whitch files are important:

which apps are important:
GalleryGoogle.apk
GenieWidget.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
GoogleTTS.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
Phonesky.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
VoiceSearch.apk

I use only this:
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
VoiceSearch.apk
I del folder system\tts from gapps-ics...zip cause I no use tts

Old Market 3.4.4 no working only Play Store 3.5.19 working how i write before.

The bold letter on red is the play store app.

Reactions: jimyy and punk2x

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
OK, so... what do we have here? :rolleyes:

@nightwing369: I have to say I am hopelessly unable to figure out why you did not test the files you provided in the first place.
Sure, you have a life and probably better things to do and your time is oh so precious, but isn't this the case with all of us? Isn't this the case with naA too?
Why do you immediately assume that the developer disregarded your suggestion, just because he did not post about it?
Is there something that made you feel entitled to anything other than enjoying the work published here for free?
I had to delete 30 posts from the last few hours and, quite frankly, I too have a life and better things to do.
Please respect the developer's work and contribute to keeping his thread clean firstly and then with anything else you are able to/want to etc.

@terrormattie: Learn to use the Report button. Feeding the trolls is just as bad as trolling. There is absolutely no excuse for using foul language in the forums.

@everyone else: Had you not replied to the nightwing369's posts, the mess would not be that extensive.
I have to thank the 2 people who pressed the Report button and I have to warn the rest that by dignifying offensive or annoying posts with a reply, always makes matters worse.

Please proceed on topic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Last edited:

StardustGeass

Jan 7, 2012
Jakarta
I know there is a well-known bug about several performance status that get reset after being rebooted, but I found something else :

In my phone, until several days I used it, this bug just vanishes..

But now, I noticed it several days ago, I found that my phone is turned into vibration mode each time it restarted... I checked quiet mode, but it seems that is not the case... Already using it since the first time 3.0.2 releases, and I'm pretty sure that at first, my phone isn't go into vibration mode each time it restarts..

Anyone had the same problem ?
Anyone have a clue about this ?

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
andrux-and-me.blogspot.com
Moto G
Moto E
I know there is a well-known bug about several performance status that get reset after being rebooted, but I found something else :

In my phone, until several days I used it, this bug just vanishes..

But now, I noticed it several days ago, I found that my phone is turned into vibration mode each time it restarted... I checked quiet mode, but it seems that is not the case... Already using it since the first time 3.0.2 releases, and I'm pretty sure that at first, my phone isn't go into vibration mode each time it restarts..

Anyone had the same problem ?
Anyone have a clue about this ?

yes, it always boot in silent mod :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MiniCM9_logo_600x424.png

Visit Project's page @ google code

MiniCM9 is an unofficial port of CyanogenMod 9 for the SEMC msm7x27 devices. MiniCM9 is running Android ICS on top of the nAa-ics kernel.

Notes:
    • To cookers: If you want to use parts or all of this ROM for your custom cooks, read this first.
    • To everyone: Please don't mirror this ROM
    • MiniCM9 is built for the X8 / x10mini / x10minipro range. It is quite stable and the most feature-complete ICS ROM, perfect for day to day use
    • This is a team work by DaRk_dOg and me
    • For Troubleshooting common issues visit: http://code.google.com/p/minicm/wiki/Troubleshooting

FAQs (Many thanks to matmutant)

If you have a question, please READ THIS before posting and also use the SEARCH button at the top right ->
    searchi.jpg

If you want a more relaxed chat, or have issues with MiniCM, visit the MiniCM chat

(Thanks to thanhhungtn1, SafiXS)

Before posting an issue wipe (factory reset) via CWM at least once.

Features:
    • Built for LDPI
    • Full hardware acceleration (the ICS way)
    • Camera
    • Opengl rendering
    • MiniCM Update notifications via c2dm (Settings -> System -> Update notifications)
    • App2sd / Dalvik2sd compatible with 2.1 app2sd (storing to ext2/3/4 pre-existing partition is detected and mounted as such)
    • Android's native App2sd (move to sdcard, storing to fat)
    • In kernel ClockworkMod recovery v5.5.0.4 and option to reboot into Recovery
    • Modular Undervolting handled Settings -> Performance menu (by default not active)
    • KSM support
    • Extra Settings display option for Ultra brightness, also handled via notification bar icons ;)
    • Smooth 2D scrolling in menus
    • Native Wifi Hotspot
    • Native USB tethering
    • Native Bluetooth tethering

Bugs: (Please use the project's tracker for reporting bugs. Please file them properly following the template or they will be discarded.)

Requirements:

Instructions:
    • Download the MiniCM9-xxx.zip from the release link that follows
    • Backup your /data contents: contacts, apps, sms, etc. or backup via recovery
    • Move the MiniCM9-xxx.zip to the root folder of your sdcard. Download the suggested Google Apps for CM9 from here (check http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ if you want to experiment with other gapps versions)
    • Make sure you are using the nAa-ics kernel
    • Enter CWM and:
      - Select 'backup and restore -> Backup'
      - Select 'wipe data/factory reset' (MUST DO)
      - Flash the MiniCM9-xxx.zip. To do this, Select 'install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard' and select the MiniCM9-xxx.zip
      - Flash gapps in the same way
    • Reboot (first boot will take ~2 mins)
    • Once your device has booted, you can use the nAa notification to register for upcoming updates. This way you can get update notifications on new versions of MiniCM9 and the nAa-ics kernel!

Please make sure you followed the above steps before reporting any issues, especially 'wipe data/factory reset'

Downloads: do NOT mirror

MiniCM9-3.0.5

chart

Donate:
    If you are enjoying my work please consider donating: .
    Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time on this project.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this ROM bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!

Changelog:
    - 4/11/12 MiniCM9 3.0.5 build
    - 25/7/12 MiniCM9 3.0.4 build
    - 5/7/12 MiniCM9 3.0.3 build
    - 27/5/12 MiniCM9 3.0.2 build
    - 5/5/12 MiniCM9 3.0.1 build
    Build Changelog:

### MiniCM9-3.0.5
    * CyanogenMod 9.1 code base
    * HW Video encoder/decoder
    * YouTube HQ
    * Camcorder 640x480

### MiniCM9-3.0.4
    CyanogenMod 9 RC2 code base

### MiniCM9-3.0.3
    * Sim lock dialog not showing up
    * Long-pressing the HOME button toggles flashlight (option in Settings -> Lockscreen -> Security)
    * Back button ends current call option in Settings -> Accessibility
    * Bugreporting by pressing vol down + vol up + power. Attach this report on bugs that you open on the project's tracker
    * Shakira sensors axes mapping corrected
    * A2SD settings
    * Swap settings
    * Dhcpd from sources
    * Partition info Settings menu
    * Option to disable bootanimation for faster boot
    * MiniCM9 aroma-based installer (for robyn and shakira)
    * Notification bar icon for app switching
    * Faster app startup

### MiniCM9-3.0.2
    * MiniCM9 theme - to be used only with the MiniCM9 ROM
    * Kernel bootlogo animation now finishes before MiniCM9 boot animation starts
    * Autobrightness levels fixed
    * Recovery version in Settings -> About Phone
    * Updates for camerahal
    * camera: barcode scanners fix
    * camcoder: 352x288 resolution
    (higher resolution is possible but has audio/video sync issues due to missing codecs)
    * FM Radio app now enables bluetooth when it starts
    * SmartassV2 governor as default
    * Many fixes from CM: theme manager, lockscreen icons, Apollo, etc.
    * Fixed reboot hanging issues (when rebooting from power button)
    * Fixed some A2SD issues

### MiniCM9-3.0.1
    * Functional Camera (SEMC libcamera, camcorder not working)
    * Many fixes from CM
    * libcopybit (shakira)
    * Fixed banding issues
    * Bluetooth a2dp
    * Ultra brightness setting is now persistent on boot
    * Sim and timezone fixes are included
    * Fixed power draining issues
    * Kernel update
    * MimmiParts.apk, thanks to: madbulls

### MiniCM9-3.0.0
    * CM9 - Android 4.0.4 code baseline
    * Full Hardware Acceleration with Adreno ICS libs
    * For use with nAa-ics kernel line only
    * Built for MDPI - shakira, LDPI - robyn, mimmi
    * MiniCM9 theme
    * GSM/SMS/Data(3G, EDGE)
    * Wifi
    * Wifi Tethering
    * Usb mass storage
    * Usb tethering
    * Bluetooth
    * Bluetooth Tethering
    * FM Radio
    * Flash led (Torch app)
    * ADB at boot
    * Sensors
    * OpenGL Rendering for gui
    * Libaudio from sources
    * Software Video decoder
    * Vibration
    * GPS
    * App2sd (storing to ext4. Detect ext4 partition and swap and usingmount as such)
    * Native android moving apps to sdcard
    * Flash led (Torch app) (for robyn, mimmi)
    * Stock SE T9 keyboard (for robyn, mimmi)
    * Offline charging
    * Reboot menu - boot into Recovery
    * Gallery, Browser, Live Wallpapers and Gmail are fully working
    * OTA Update notifications for both kernel and ROM
    * Network stats via Settings -> Data usage
    * Undervolting via Settings -> Performance menu
    * Ultra brightness via Settings -> Display menu
    Performance
    MiniCM9 along with the nAa-ics kernel, includes some interesting performance improvement points:
    • System -> Performance -> Processor -> CPU governor and frequency --> SmartassV2 is suggested. Overclocking can be set as higher as your device can take
    • System -> Performance -> Processor -> Undervolting --> Enable this to get better battery life
    • System -> Performance -> Memory management -> zRam (Compcache) --> By default this is set to 18% in order to provide more physical memory (RAM)
    • System -> Performance -> Kernel samepage merging -> Enable this to get smaller memory footprint due to memory sharing among apps (Note that this might increase battery consumption)
    Components

### Built from sources
    * libaudio
    * libgralloc
    * hwcomposer
    * libsensors
    * liblight
    * fm Radio
    * camerahal
    * libcamera
    * bluetooth

### Done
    * Camcorder
    * HW Video encoder / decoder
    Hello pro community ;)

MiniCM9-3.0.1 is released today for the x10mini pro.
    This is a team effort so you should be thanking everybody: Implementation-wise D_d is making the visuals and preparing the MiniCM9 theme that will be included in upcoming versions. Testing and support-wise matmutant is doing an excellent work. Specifically for the pro, many thanks to leajian and siddardha21 for their device-specific testing and suggestions.

Note that CM9 is still very young and there are still a lot of bugs to be fixed and features to be implemented. Please only contribute positively to the discussion, try to find fixes / workarounds if you can and suggest them to the rest of the users. As always I'm open to patches and suggestions.

Enjoy you camera with ICS :D