[Q] Does Stamina icon appear always regardless of activation setting

Search This thread

blue_quartz

Aug 16, 2013
Just wanted to confirm if this is normal or a bug... I have Stamina mode kicking in at 40% only, but the Stamina icon is always showing. In fact, I think Stamina mode for my phone is always on regardless of my activation setting because the estimated battery life is always in terms of days.

Is anyone else seeing the same behavior as I?

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
I don't think so, again, if stamina mode needs to be activated for it to kick in whatever the level you set it at, it's going to display the icon.

This isn't how it works with JB, however - the old icon only appears when battery reaches the set level and the Stamina mode actually kicks in.

So yes, we can regard this as a bug in KK, or at least an oversight, like many half-baked features of this update from Sony.

Last edited:

blue_quartz

Aug 16, 2013
This isn't how it works with JB, however - the old icon only appears when battery reaches the set level and the Stamina mode actually kicks in.

So yes, we can regard this as a bug in KK, or at least an oversight, like many half-baked features of this update from Sony.
Right, JB on my ZR only shows the Stamina icon when it's actually on, not when it's merely enabled. Unless the activation percentage level is actually completely broken, so enabling Stamina always means it's on in KK.

Hence my original question. :)

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
If that icon is bothering you so much, why don;t you just hide it ?
I personally keep stamina mode ON all the time and I created a white list with apps that are allowed to sync while the device is dormant.

The stamina icon is hidden from the statusbar.