[Q] Cyanogen not working properly - I think...

Search This thread

tazeo

Jan 12, 2010
So I used the automatic installer and it worked wonderfully, and I am loving how it all works.

I originally set out to try and get Google Play Edition onto my phone, but apparently there is an issue getting S-Off on the M7 at the moment, so further research lead me to CM and I think I will stay with it. I can't find anything that helps on the web, maybe the filter bubble, maybe it cause I am just a noob, but I have a few questions/problems. I have found some posts etc,but they all refer to versions in the 10 range, and they don't matchup to what I have on my phone.

• When I go to Google Play it tells me I can't download Cyanogen Theme Showcase as the app is incompatible with my device. I have tried the Play and Services Framework clear data approach and not thing has changed after I reauthorized Play.
  • Might be related to the above one but When I go into 'Settings > Themes' there are no options to play with, where I have read that there should be.
  • In Google Chrome I can't 'Enable sync', I press the blue button but nothing happens.
  • What version does the update option in the 'Settings > About phone' go to? Nightly, RC, Stable, and how do I adjust this?
  • There was another one, but I can't recall that at the moment. So any tips and tricks for these would be great, or pointing me to a good user manual would be good as well.
Screenshot_2014-07-08-16-36-23_zpsa5f610fc.png

Thanks in advance.

Fred
(this has been posted to the Cyanogen Site Forum, but just getting a lot of looks)

Last edited:
I have the same issue with themes as you, I'm S-Off and was previously on GPE, flashed the latest nightly, I could install themes from the play store but none showed up in the theme chooser, flashed the milestone version, still the same, even clearing the data from theme chooser and theme provider hasn't fixed it.

tazeo

Jan 12, 2010
I have the same issue with themes as you, I'm S-Off and was previously on GPE, flashed the latest nightly, I could install themes from the play store but none showed up in the theme chooser, flashed the milestone version, still the same, even clearing the data from theme chooser and theme provider hasn't fixed it.

Other than the S-Off, that is the same as well, install themes (no errors) but they don't appear anywhere. I suspect I am missing some of the setting options as well, but I can't seem to track down a current list to confirm.

Really frustrating, as CM is running noticeably faster than HTC Sense.