How to get ADB interface for Lenovo IdeaPad S2110AF
Since I bought the Lenovo IdeaPad S2110AF from NY, I was searching for how to root the device and I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896899
But I was unable to get the ADB interface on Windows 7 x64 laptop and I found the same problem is there for most of the users. Finally last night, I could fix this issue and root my tablet.
How I did it:
Download the "S2110-Root.zip" file through the above URL. and extract it to a folder.
1. Enable USB debugging under Settings-> Developer options.
2. Connect tab to computer using the provided data cable.
3. The driver for OTP will be installed in Windows. But the ADB interface may not be installed automatically.
4. Go to Device Manager (Right click My Computer and Properties, the click Device Manager).
5. You can see Other Devices-> Android
6. Right click on that and click Update driver software.
7. Click "browse my computer for driver software"
8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" rather than browsing and selecting the driver folder.
9. Click Next and then click "Have Disk" .
10. Then choose the drivers folder and the inf file (in extracted files) - \S2110-Root\Drivers\android_winusb.inf
11. Then select the ADB interface and click OK.
12. Ignore any warning message (like not signed)
That is it. Now you got an ADB interface. You will see as Samsung device on the device manager, never mind it.
Now you got the ADB interface and follow instruction to root through the URL.
Note: I am not sure is this a right place, but I just wanted to post this, it may help someone