What ROM would you like to see?!?

Search This thread

vszulc

Dec 28, 2010
What sort of ROM would people like to see for the A100?!? Any particular wishes?

Personally I'd like to see a ROM that gives you slightly better battery life and the ability to under and overclock. (Tegra2 is pretty good for overclocking, no?)
That way you could set it for 1200mhz or higher for when you really need some speed, and underclock it to 600 or 800 mhz for a nice long plane trip. You should still be able to watch a couple of movies, but you'll get two hours more batterylife or thereabouts.

What I'd REALLY REALLY like to see in a future ROM, is a port of either HTCs tablet ROM or the Touchwiz ROM from the Galaxy 10.1.
Nothing beats Samsungs Touchwiz for smoothness from what I've seen, and since they use the same Tegra SoC it shouldn't be too hard to port, eh?

The HTC ROM would be pretty cool to have as an option, especially if it would be able to use the HTC Watch app.

What do you guys hope for?

sebennett

Apr 14, 2011
PARIS
First A500 ROM (Taboonay, Villain...) should be port to A100 easily ! (I hope !)
Then I'm not waiting at all for touchwiz or sense ROM cause Honeycomb is already nice...

painter_

Dec 10, 2006
North Eastern Ohio
The biggest thing on my wish list is native bluetooth PAN like the Xoom has. And tun.ko built into the kernel.

As for what ROM With ICS so close is it worth the effort to build a 3.2 ROM other then to get working drivers?

First we need a recovery. I have tried the A500 CWM with no luck. I have also contacted Koush via his blog http://www.koushikdutta.com/ requesting help with porting CWM to the A100 with no response. Anyone know how to get the ball rolling for a recovery?

Reactions: cdkg

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
The biggest thing on my wish list is native bluetooth PAN like the Xoom has. And tun.ko built into the kernel.

As for what ROM With ICS so close is it worth the effort to build a 3.2 ROM other then to get working drivers?

First we need a recovery. I have tried the A500 CWM with no luck. I have also contacted Koush via his blog http://www.koushikdutta.com/ requesting help with porting CWM to the A100 with no response. Anyone know how to get the ball rolling for a recovery?

Porting CWM is not the problem. In fact, the A500 CWM may work, if you can get it booted. The problem is, when you flash the recovery partition with CWM, you can no longer boot into recovery due to a checksum mismatch that the bootloader performs. The bootloader is encrypted, so can't modify it.

<Sepculation>
I am wondering though.. I believe the A100 and A500 are very similary in hardware (except the screen size). I wonder if it's possible to flash the bootloader from A500 to the A100. Kind of like downgrading the A500 from the new 3.2 back to 3.01. hmm.... i may have to visit best buy.
</speculation>

Reactions: sebennett

sebennett

Apr 14, 2011
PARIS
Porting CWM is not the problem. In fact, the A500 CWM may work, if you can get it booted. The problem is, when you flash the recovery partition with CWM, you can no longer boot into recovery due to a checksum mismatch that the bootloader performs. The bootloader is encrypted, so can't modify it.

so itsmagic could be helpfull for this ?

reverendbill

Jun 9, 2011
Dallas
More USB goodies, and make it run games/apps as well as well as the A500. I want my Stupid Zombies and Dolphin for Pad back. Better battery life would be swell too.

Sent from my A100 using XDA Premium App

chaosbringer

So my acer a100 is rooted (since day one), I'm guessing there is no need to do a NAND unlock on these?

Also, what are the honeycomb roms (is there any?)

When i had my DINC i liked CM7 but i really dont want android < 3.2 on my tab (seems like a step backwards).

Mordak

Nov 9, 2008
Orange, MA
www.bikergeek.org

You have a great point here. With ICS just around the corner for this device (January IIRC) any Devs would be probably rather wait to put their effort in once that arrives.

I think it will take many polite requests for someone (Developer) to grab hold of this one. Or one of them to buy one and want to hack the heck out if it for themselves as well as us. I'm an avid hacker/tester but not a developer sadly. I wish I had more time to learn code and to develop. However, 60 hours a week (6 days) of work with a wife and 3 kids limits my free considerably.

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
Until ICS arrives I am happy with being able to root the device without unlocking the boot loader. But having a custom recovery like CWM would be great, let's wait and see what the Devs do after ICS arrives.

RobbandJenica

Sep 19, 2010
Portland
best rom

E A G L E B L O O O O O O O D ! ! ! (greatest roms ever made)

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I would just love to be able to get a Clockworkmod Recovery running so I can do a Nandroid backup and stuff like that.
i like your pic...ironwars??? (Great game)

Clockwork would be great so we can have the confidence to mess up our machines

Last edited:

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
The encrypted locked bootloader hinders devs from doing dev work on it. With amazing hardware, I'm hoping the devs will work this after Acer rolls out ICS next month, hopefully. I really like to have a custom recovery so I can at least do a nandroid backup in case I eff'd up even the stock ROM.

For ROMs I like, definitely CM or MIUI.

Sent from my A100 using XDA App

Last edited:

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I would love to see a sense port from like the HTC Flyer , will probably never happen even when we unlock the bootloader but well, this thread is about what we would like to see ;)

Sent from my Iconia A100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

<Sepculation>
    I am wondering though.. I believe the A100 and A500 are very similary in hardware (except the screen size). I wonder if it's possible to flash the bootloader from A500 to the A100. Kind of like downgrading the A500 from the new 3.2 back to 3.01. hmm.... i may have to visit best buy.
    </speculation>