DNA now won't connect to PC

Search This thread

Bartikus

Aug 8, 2012
So I was just going to change ROMs, and I realized that my DNA won't connect to a PC over USB anymore. I always plug it in at work via USB to a laptop to charge, and it would normally open the autostart/autorun window, which I would always notice because I'll switch computers often. Last week the autostart dialog stopped opening, but I was distracted with work being busy and it just went to the back of my mind.

Until now.

I've checked all the normal trivial stuff... trying different cables, using different USB ports, and obviously different PCs. It also won't be detected by ADB. Yes, developer options are enabled, yes USB debugging is enabled. It sounds to me like its the port on the phone, so then I'm screwed, but I was just wondering if anyone knows any tricks I can try.

atcjeff

Mar 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Are you running a custom rom? Go to settings>storage>storage settings>USB computer connection and make sure the connect as Media device (MTP) is checked. Same thing happened to me and some how this setting was unchecked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thayl0

May 26, 2013
You going to laugh at me but download PDAnet and it will redownload the correct drivers.

ASAPscotty

Feb 22, 2013
So I was just going to change ROMs, and I realized that my DNA won't connect to a PC over USB anymore. I always plug it in at work via USB to a laptop to charge, and it would normally open the autostart/autorun window, which I would always notice because I'll switch computers often. Last week the autostart dialog stopped opening, but I was distracted with work being busy and it just went to the back of my mind.

Until now.

I've checked all the normal trivial stuff... trying different cables, using different USB ports, and obviously different PCs. It also won't be detected by ADB. Yes, developer options are enabled, yes USB debugging is enabled. It sounds to me like its the port on the phone, so then I'm screwed, but I was just wondering if anyone knows any tricks I can try.
Have you found a solution for this? I am in the exact same situation with no solutions working for me. I tried PDAnet and many other things. The device is unrecognized by my computer completely not even showing up in the device manager. This likely is a hardware issue, but I'm rooted with no way to return to stock because I can't connect to my computer which makes me unable to use my warranty for repair. This is a really unfortunate pickle as I'm not sure if I can even do anything at this point. I have found online that people with a hardware issue with connecting to their computers also had the slow charge notification when charging either through the computer or the power adapter. Mine does not display slow charge which gives me some hope that it is somehow a driver issue. Do you get the slow charge notification at all?

EDIT: It's a hardware issue for me. Noticed my charger is sticking slightly more out than usual, and it just can't get the right connection

Last edited:

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Have you found a solution for this? I am in the exact same situation with no solutions working for me. I tried PDAnet and many other things. The device is unrecognized by my computer completely not even showing up in the device manager. This likely is a hardware issue, but I'm rooted with no way to return to stock because I can't connect to my computer which makes me unable to use my warranty for repair. This is a really unfortunate pickle as I'm not sure if I can even do anything at this point. I have found online that people with a hardware issue with connecting to their computers also had the slow charge notification when charging either through the computer or the power adapter. Mine does not display slow charge which gives me some hope that it is somehow a driver issue. Do you get the slow charge notification at all?

EDIT: It's a hardware issue for me. Noticed my charger is sticking slightly more out than usual, and it just can't get the right connection

Do what i said

demon28

Jan 16, 2011
brooklyn NY
Question after download PDA net is that via desktop or phone cause I'm in the same situation it won't pop up on my comp and I can't adb or fastboot into the device I'm stuck in recovery with a wiped system

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bartikus

Aug 8, 2012
Hey guys, just figured I'd follow up. Sorry for the delay, XDA email notifications somehow ended up in my spam folder.

Anyway, for me it just turned out to be that all the cables I tried were bad. Pretty low odds, I'm actually surprised both my cable at home and the one at work were all bad. Sure enough I tried it with a coworker's cable and it worked fine.

Reactions: sdamark

onkar0027

Dec 27, 2012
Question after download PDA net is that via desktop or phone cause I'm in the same situation it won't pop up on my comp and I can't adb or fastboot into the device I'm stuck in recovery with a wiped system

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hey I am in same situation cand do anything did you find the solution plzz help me

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Hey guys, just figured I'd follow up. Sorry for the delay, XDA email notifications somehow ended up in my spam folder.

Anyway, for me it just turned out to be that all the cables I tried were bad. Pretty low odds, I'm actually surprised both my cable at home and the one at work were all bad. Sure enough I tried it with a coworker's cable and it worked fine.

If they charge your phone there not bad. Just an FYI

TEOKARAFOU

May 10, 2011
Thessaloniki
the same problem

hello i had the same problem,its the usb port part on the phone.this is what i mean
so you can replace it!!! with 20 euros :D
or 15 euros from china :D

Attachments

• SAM_0371.jpg
    SAM_0371.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 229

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.