Miui for nexus 7 2013?

Search This thread

Galon123

Mar 5, 2011
NP, it'll run as many Roms as a storage device/ devices can hold most of the ROM I'm running are thought and otg cable I got from eBay for $1 and a few flash drives(actually 2) to give you an idea 8GB can hold 2 Roms full of apps and mods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sounds great..I'll try when I have much times,my work is killing me right now :(
anyway,have you tried the miuiandroid rom?someone post at the thread confirmed that miui 4.3.14 for flo still have bugs,too bad..
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-3-14.23776/
see page 2

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
Haven't been able to test too much Devi e died soon after setup, and I've been out ever since, but will test more once its charged

Galon123

Mar 5, 2011
ah,so sorry to hear that..so I guess the rom still buged,I'm pending to install it 'till it's bug free..:D
it's only first release anyway,can't expect much from it :D

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
OK so I've had one random reboot and a freeze at boot, booting it again see what happens

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

OK so I can't really properly test due to how I have it running, I'll see about removing Ubuntu touch and testing miui

But aside from the horrible lag (caused by it being installed on a flash drive) it seems rather smooth and working, so the above may Aldo be due to how its installed

Edit ok just installed on the device its self this time, booting now so anything bad or otherwise about the ROM is now valid

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Ok so it booted and its very nice and smooth and everything seems to be working fine, I've run into no issues at all

Last edited:

Galon123

Mar 5, 2011
OK so I've had one random reboot and a freeze at boot, booting it again see what happens

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

OK so I can't really properly test due to how I have it running, I'll see about removing Ubuntu touch and testing miui

But aside from the horrible lag (caused by it being installed on a flash drive) it seems rather smooth and working, so the above may Aldo be due to how its installed

Edit ok just installed on the device its self this time, booting now so anything bad or otherwise about the ROM is now valid

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Ok so it booted and its very nice and smooth and everything seems to be working fine, I've run into no issues at all

sounds good..which one do you install?miuiandroid or miui chinese from page one?

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Works for me no issues at all. A cross between old miui, ios7, android
Some elements, like settings, notification pulldown and multitasking are very ios7

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
I haven't tried adding anything to the ROM so its just straight miui from the link I posted earlier, I didn't flash anything else with it

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vagaerg

Oct 31, 2009
Glasgow
www.estonoentraenelexamen.com
I flashed these gapps:

http://celogeek.miuiandroid.com/gapps/miuiandroid_gapps-4.4-small_20140105_signed.zip

I get MIUI to boot (w/ multirom), but once I start Google play it will launch ok, but it will reboot in a few seconds :confused:

Is there anyone with the same problem?

EDIT: Yes, they work. I tried reflashing the newest version of MIUI along with its own kernel, instead of using another one or sharing it with main rom (multirom). Everything is working great now

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you mean like dualboot?
    I just have this nexus 7 for couple of weeks,I hope you understand how noob I am :p

my first phone is xiaomi mi2s so I'am a little bit familiar with miui and enjoy the rom so much,ussually I'm using miuiandroid.com rom,it's a multilang miui rom and the dev said that for nexus 7 will release soon,I guess I'll wait for it :D

here's the link for miuiandroid.com
    http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-3-14.23776/

ok multirom makes dual boot easy, even a noob can do it, so long as you know how to flash in a custom recovery

here is the thread for it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2457063
    and \what even better is if you download the app from play store (also called multirom) then you can setup multirom right there with the app

and as for dual boot its super easy after multirom is setup reboot recovery
    go to advanced/multirom
    add rom make sure internal storage is selected (dont have an otg connected storage device) do not share kernel and android are selected
    hit next
    find the zip
    swipe to install after install reboot
    before entering a rom itll give you a menu to select a rom, shoose the one you just installed and hit boot

and there you have it,

also to setup multi rom with the app just have root (su) and select the three first checkboxes they should be

1. multirom
    2. recovery
    3. kernel with support
    and then hit the button below them and itll download some files and after a bit ask to reboot recovery press ok
    then reboot recovery and follow steps above

i have my nexus 7 2013 running 7 roms via multirom and external storage devices

if you feel this is too complicated then i guess try to revert to stock (*same android version as miui) and flash from there? i havent downgraded on this device, i know with multirom it doesnt really matter what android version the different roms are, thats why i suggested it