Lets do it again :) A fund raising to support SEMC Update fo x8.

Search This thread

deedii

May 25, 2011
Finally the unofficial update Gingerbread with CM features to X8 has been a reality with the help of one of the FreeXperia member. Although we have so many great ROMs out there it will never replicate what unique sony features is, but through this debranding engine we are very close to 2011 edition phone by SE. We have now the final release and thanks to Achotjan, but apparently due to he has no device to continually develop and support for X8, we will not have an frequent update. Below is the willingness of this guy to work on our device. In short we have to be united again like we did to bring back our great dev doixanh. If we like to have a frequent support we also have to make a move and help Achotjan.

i haven't the device in hand now , so will not be able to release new updates , if you really want to have more update on this rom , and a future ICS CM9 semc debrand engine so , donate me and wrote here on the thread the amount and confirmation number if i have necessary money to buy this device i will gladly buy the device and continue to work on

Cheers
Achotjan

This thread is intended for all those who want to contribute in any amount that is warm in our heart.

If you will post something that against this, maybe you better shut up!

I guess we have to raise 200 (might change) dollars.
I dont know what is the exact price of x8.
To start with i will give 1dollar (might raise).

GUYS THIS IS SERIOUS IF YOU SAY YOU WILL DONATE PLEASE DO.
Please Share this to Other

Donation Link
Paypal
Or Here
Achotjan please monitor your account.

Donators:

1. deedii = 1 dollar

Last edited:

- Swift -

Sep 8, 2011
Galway, Ireland
Yeah! C'mon guys! We'll riot Sony Ericsson! I'll see if I have any money on my card (I'm only a teenager so I don't know how much I have :p) , also, we should all email Sony Ericsson with a pre-made email from here on the forum. So all you'd have to do is copy the email that some one of us XDA members will make and paste it into an email!

It could possibly change Sony's Mind!

deedii

May 25, 2011
Irish to make it clear. The reason why SE doesn't support anymore 2010 series phone is because of there marketing strategy, actually there reason that the device cant handle any updates anymore because of low specs is just a cover up for the strategy. i know they are fully aware that this device can do a lot better than there cover up reason. So I think mailing them would not make any sense. If they will support X8 of course more people will choose X8 if it also have an Arc features, cheap yet powerful.

Reactions: Spevky

Achotjan

Apr 7, 2010
Marseille
www.xperiaoverlay.com
Irish to make it clear. The reason why SE doesn't support anymore 2010 series phone is because of there marketing strategy, actually there reason that the device cant handle any updates anymore because of low specs is just a cover up for the strategy. i know they are fully aware that this device can do a lot better than there cover up reason. So I think mailing them would not make any sense. If they will support X8 of course more people will choose X8 if it also have an Arc features, cheap yet powerful.

not realy , xperia x8 is realy a problem for SE , why ? cause of drm releated think

x8 its a armv6 cpu based device and it will take more time and effort to make all armv7 libs for armv6 , they will lose a lot of time and of mony also , other then that the reason that why my rom is stable and speedy its cause of CM7 and our hacks

SE can not do that as they need to support the device after the update if you have the same ussd errors :D its not serius from a big manufacter , also i already trayed even for x10 to build a AOSP with semcdebrand engine and its realy lagy cuase ther is no tweak so i think they can not do that for x8 , but for x10 they can even make real multituch but they not do that thats is another question ,

but i agree that they can update it to at leas Froyo

cheers

Achotjan

- Swift -

Sep 8, 2011
Galway, Ireland

I see, but y'know, it could do something??!!
Start a petition maybe?

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using XDA Premium HD app

deedii

May 25, 2011
Achotjan thanks for that clarification, well that is only my opinion.
Btw is there any other means people can donate at you aside from paypal?

deedii

May 25, 2011
Yes it will be a problem as well for him finding old release x8. Im also thinking about that a while ago since we have unlocking issues on new release.

Xmaster8

Nov 23, 2011
Maribor
Im a teenager too :-/
but you can t buy a new phone. it s very risky about bootloader unlock...

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

Flypants101010

May 3, 2011
Glasgow
i am going to donate 2.5 gbp

Finally the unofficial update Gingerbread with CM features to X8 has been a reality with the help of one of the FreeXperia member. Although we have so many great ROMs out there it will never replicate what unique sony features is, but through this debranding engine we are very close to 2011 edition phone by SE. We have now the final release and thanks to Achotjan, but apparently due to he has no device to continually develop and support for X8, we will not have an frequent update. Below is the willingness of this guy to work on our device. In short we have to be united again like we did to bring back our great dev doixanh. If we like to have a frequent support we also have to make a move and help Achotjan.

This thread is intended for all those who want to contribute in any amount that is warm in our heart.

Donation Link
Paypal
Or Here

Donators:

1. deedii = 1 dollar

i am gonna donate 2.5 gbp

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

where do i send to it i am in the uk and have a uk paypal i am only 14 so ic an only give 2.50 british pounds

milenkokg

Sep 1, 2011
kragujevac
achotjan...that true,but many devices(armv6) have froyo an 2.3 official...many samsung devices,huawei,viewsonic dual sim ,some lg devices and etc...SE,now Sony have surces to bring updates but dont wont to do that..l dont have paypall,if someone now ho to donate without pp,lets write here !:)

not realy , xperia x8 is realy a problem for SE , why ? cause of drm releated think

x8 its a armv6 cpu based device and it will take more time and effort to make all armv7 libs for armv6 , they will lose a lot of time and of mony also , other then that the reason that why my rom is stable and speedy its cause of CM7 and our hacks

SE can not do that as they need to support the device after the update if you have the same ussd errors :D its not serius from a big manufacter , also i already trayed even for x10 to build a AOSP with semcdebrand engine and its realy lagy cuase ther is no tweak so i think they can not do that for x8 , but for x10 they can even make real multituch but they not do that thats is another question ,

cheers

Achotjan

B

B.Jay

Achotjan need older device with unlocked bootloader or at least possibility of unlocking.

(and @deedii)

That's my very first thought as well.

If he goes out NOW to buy a new X8 the chances are incredibly high that he will only be able to fetch a post-11W29 device that can't be unlocked by software - this means he has to take the trouble to crack it open with either setool2 or Wotan (and both methods aren't tried yet).

I think it would be a whole lot more efficient if Achotjan would first investigate his options to either somehow get a OLD X8 that can be unlocked by the_laser's hack or determine that he can unlock a newer 11W29+ / 12W## X8 through the testpins trick.

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
(and @deedii)

That's my very first thought as well.

If he goes out NOW to buy a new X8 the chances are incredibly high that he will only be able to fetch a post-11W29 device that can't be unlocked by software - this means he has to take the trouble to crack it open with either setool2 or Wotan (and both methods aren't tried yet).

I think it would be a whole lot more efficient if Achotjan would first investigate his options to either somehow get a OLD X8 that can be unlocked by the_laser's hack or determine that he can unlock a newer 11W29+ / 12W## X8 through the testpins trick.

hmmmm, yes, if we dont contact him saying that he should buy a pre-owned x8 with the date 11w28 and below, he might go out to shops now and come back with one that we will have to crack through testpins, and this will be hard. what if there could be a fix to fill up the security hole?

nah, i doubt it. Wish there was though.....
So how'd you think we will crack these testpins? The only things i have ever hacked is someones cctv, and my neighbors wifi ;):D

EDIT: hey guys, check this out! wander what date it is......

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i haven't the device in hand now , so will not be able to release new updates , if you really want to have more update on this rom , and a future ICS CM9 semc debrand engine so , donate me and wrote here on the thread the amount and confirmation number if i have necessary money to buy this device i will gladly buy the device and continue to work on

Cheers
    Achotjan

Donation Link
    Paypal
    Or Here

Donators:

1. deedii = 1 dollar

cheers

Achotjan
    We need to put this on X10 Mini/Pro forums so they donate too.
    11w29, not 10w29 :)

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

Yeah,sorry :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk