I may have bricked my phone, NEED HELP!!

Search This thread

leaderbuilder

So you went to some other random website, followed their instructions and came here for support. Hmm.
Well, though this site is NOT a support site, let's see if we can get you back.
First you didn't 'brick' your phone, yet - if it boots beyond a blinking or solid LED you have a good chance to get it running.
FIRST turn it off completely. Plug it in and let it charge for about an hour. You've got some reading to do anyways..
grab the MK2 .tar from here (the tar.md5 is in the zip, just extract the .tar.md5 and put that one file in the PDA slot of Odin) and flash it via Odin.
It'll reset everything (all partitions and modem etc.)
Grab PC Odin (v3.07 works great) Extract the folder to your desktop.
Open Odin and right-click and 'run as administrator' Select the above mentioned .tar.md5 and put it into the PDA slot. Do NOT check anything other than options then what come up by default - like reparition in Odin or you WILL hose yourslef.

With your phone NOT connected to the PC enter Download Mode - Power On + Volume Down (at the same time) till the 'confirmation window comes up - then select Volume Up to continue to download mode.
NOW plug your phone into the PC via USB and you should see a COM light up in Odin.
Then hit Start and let it flash. till done.
You phone should reboot - you can disconnect it from the PC after Odin finishes.
Then.. WAIT first boot could take 5 to 10 EARTH MINUTES. Walk away, take a piss watch a few plays of the games whatever.
Your phone should then be back to stock MK2.
IF you want to root you can use CF-Autoroot. File and explicit instructions are here in these forums.
But PLEASE spend some time reading through the how-tos and OPs here.
Good luck

sah0724

Nov 4, 2008
So you went to some other random website, followed their instructions and came here for support. Hmm.
First you didn't 'brick' your phone, yet - if it boots beyond a blinking or solid LED you have a good chance to get it running.
FIRST turn it off completely. Plug it in and let it charge for about an hour. You've got some reading to do anyways..
grab the MK2 .tar from here (the tar.md5 is in the zip, just extract the .tar.md5 and put that one file in the PDA slot of Odin) and flash it via Odin.
Open Odin and right-click and 'run as administrator' Select the above mentioned .tar.md5 and put it into the PDA slot. Do NOT check anything other than options then what come up by default - like reparition in Odin or you WILL hose yourslef.

With your phone NOT connected to the PC enter Download Mode - Power On + Volume Down (at the same time) till the 'confirmation window comes up - then select Volume Up to continue to download mode.
NOW plug your phone into the PC via USB and you should see a COM light up in Odin.
You phone should reboot - you can disconnect it from the PC after Odin finishes.
Then.. WAIT first boot could take 5 to 10 EARTH MINUTES. Walk away, take a piss watch a few plays of the games whatever.
IF you want to root you can use CF-Autoroot. File and explicit instructions are here in these forums.
Good luck

WOW thanks man, I didn't even wait for the stock rom to DL, I just used Odin 3.07 and inserted the cfo auto root and it fixed my phone while fixing the firmware.

Reactions: leaderbuilder

BIGSAMDA1ST

Nov 29, 2012
Brooklyn,Ny..
I find it amazing how some people prefer to dive in head first into a pool, without checking to see if there is any water in it.. It is not that hard to read and then read some more if you don't grasp it the first time,read some more..:p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sah0724

Nov 4, 2008
I find it amazing how some people prefer to dive in head first into a pool, without checking to see if there is any water in it.. It is not that hard to read and then read some more if you don't grasp it the first time,read some more..:p

I googled "Sprint S4 how to root" and that website popped up dude. I just followed it, I didn't know Odin 1.85 didn't work but 3.07 worked fine, forgive me.:good:

Reactions: BIGSAMDA1ST

sah0724

Nov 4, 2008
what custom recovery you guys use? I was going to use qb77's guide but I read the comments saying it's giving problems.

leaderbuilder

now I want to install a recovery and rom.:good:
Grab Philz here. Read here on how to install via Odin. Read this entire page on how to use it.
I would HIGHLY recommend you spend some time and read through these sections. The OPs of the ROMs have specific recoveries they recommend and more importantly precise directions for wiping and installing their specific ROMs.
Before you install anything just relax, and spend a few days reading. You won't be sorry.

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Next time you try rooting make sure you have everything you need instead of trying to do it piece by piece and YouTube videos can help a lot.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck

Good luck

WOW thanks man, I didn't even wait for the stock rom to DL, I just used Odin 3.07 and inserted the cfo auto root and it fixed my phone while fixing the firmware.

I googled "Sprint S4 how to root" and that website popped up dude. I just followed it, I didn't know Odin 1.85 didn't work but 3.07 worked fine, forgive me.:good: