PLEASE Help rooting problem

Search This thread

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
Hi i am no stranger to rooting and ROMS i have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 rooted running JediMaster X2 from Pmtr. I tried rooting my wife's Samsung galaxy S3 well something happened....I am able to get into downloading screen and it is seen by ODIN....I am also able to go into recovery mode(using Team Win v2.5.0.0). I followed these instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2563955 ..... I put
HellFire™KitKat 2.8 12/20 Stable on my ext sd when in recovery I click on install it starts to open file then it fails,,,,any thoughts ideas ? Please help

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
Hi i am no stranger to rooting and ROMS i have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 rooted running JediMaster X2 from Pmtr. I tried rooting my wife's Samsung galaxy S3 well something happened....I am able to get into downloading screen and it is seen by ODIN....I am also able to go into recovery mode(using Team Win v2.5.0.0). I followed these instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2563955 ..... I put
HellFire™KitKat 2.8 12/20 Stable on my ext sd when in recovery I click on install it starts to open file then it fails,,,,any thoughts ideas ? Please help

Last edited:

armkreuz

Nov 21, 2010
You need a newer version of TWRP to flash 4.4 Rom

Last one is 2.6.3.1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zigzagzz71

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010

also on the Downloading screen i get the android guy with the " Do not turn off target"
in the upper left corner :
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME :SGH-T999
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD :YES (8 counts)
CURRENT BINARY : Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT :ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV:1

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
From where the wind begins....
also on the Downloading screen i get the android guy with the " Do not turn off target"
ODIN MODE

That's the page you get when you're going through Odin using your PC.

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel

Reactions: zigzagzz71

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
Okay i did the upgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.1 and roms are now working ......anything else i should make sure is installed? Is triangle away the way get rid of the CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD?

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
SuperSU says.....There is no binary installed, and super SU cannot install it. this is a problem! if you just upgraded to android 4.3 you need to manually re-root. Any clues on what to do?

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
SuperSU says.....There is no binary installed, and super SU cannot install it. this is a problem! if you just upgraded to android 4.3 you need to manually re-root. Any clues on what to do?

flash latest supersu in recovery

Okay i did the upgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.1 and roms are now working ......anything else i should make sure is installed? Is triangle away the way get rid of the CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD?

It wouldn't matter because you've already tripped the warranty bit.. but that is how you reset the count before 4.3..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
Still having issue....after I updated to TWRP 2.6.3.1 I flashed the rooted stock image to get it back to square one and works but I when I went to put on a ROM from 2 different developers it gets stuck on reboot ....should I flash T mobile SG3 PIT? Any thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

zigzagzz71

Apr 9, 2010
The 2.6.3.1 works and it is rooted i used simple root checker : says Terminal Rooted Busybox installed Busy box v 1.22.1

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Glad it all worked out.

For reference, Recovery Log is stored in /Cache/Recovery folder.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a newer version of TWRP to flash 4.4 Rom

Last one is 2.6.3.1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    ODIN MODE

That's the page you get when you're going through Odin using your PC.

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel
    Thread moved to proper forum.