Google Nexus 5 liquid damage indicator location

Search This thread

nameoftheuser1

Feb 16, 2014
Manchester
Hello,

I'm having trouble finding the liquid damage indicator of the nexus 5, I know it's in the sim card tray, but what does the indicator look like? I can only see a white piece of strip, it might be too obvious to be the indicator itself?

Thank you

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Hello,

I'm having trouble finding the liquid damage indicator of the nexus 5, I know it's in the sim card tray, but what does the indicator look like? I can only see a white piece of strip, it might be too obvious to be the indicator itself?

Thank you

Look at the ifixit.com teardown guide of the Nexus 5. More than likely they'll confirm the location of the water damage indicator.

sent from my neXus 5

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Hello,

Thank you

it seems it is in the simcard tray.

"The Liquid damage indicator(LDI) is located where the SIM tray is inserted. It is very difficult to see and only a sliver of the LDI is visible when the SIM card tray is removed."
not 100% sure as t-mobile refers to "T-mobile devices" but as they are describing the nexus 5 here so, it should or could apply.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9553

Last edited: