[Q] LG GPad V500 - USB Thethering on CM11

Search This thread

fox.sv

Feb 23, 2014
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum, so I'm sorry if I'll do something wrong.

I bought a LG GPad V500 (standard version, not google experience edition) and i noticed that tha stock ROM was not so nice... I successfully installed clockworkmod and CyanogenMod 11. The ROM works fine, it's fast and i didn't find any bug. Just i can't understand how to setup USB thethering (aka reverse thethering).

When i start the server on my Windows 8 PC an app is installed on my tab (USB tunneling app). I accepted the super-user request and then I also installed the fake-wifi hack (included in reverse thethering package).

The problem is that, when I press Connect on my PC, the LOG shows no errors but I can't access Internet from the tab. USB Tnneling app shows "UDP connections: 0" and "TCP connections: 0" and the software on my PC says there isn't any download and upload speed. I reinstalled the apps many times and I replaced adb.exe (I founded this solution on Reverse Thethering official post on XDA, but it didn't work for me).

I googled the problem and I read many times that the kernel should be not able to run a USB thethering. I don't know if it could be true, i used the USB Thethering on CM 11 on my old TF300 (died 3 days ago :crying:).

Do you know how to fix this problem? It's quite important for me because I can't use any wifi network at home and at work. Sorry for terrible English and thanks ;)

P.S: is it possible, if needed, to change CM11 Kernel (flashing it using CWM)?