Wireless charging, a new concept (DNA transplant)

Search This thread

d3fiance

Oct 3, 2013
The lack of wireless charging was a huge downside to me, a trivial thing I know, but I used the hell out of it on my DNA.

The M8 metal case causes a problem for wireless charging, so the concept I have is as follows:

1. Using a 3d scanner/printer design and print a plastic back

2. Transplant DNA wireless charging to M8

Number 1 is easy, I have access to the materials

Number 2, questionable:

Is the DNA's wireless charger connected to a battery or in some way to the motherboard? I cannot find any information on this that would give me a green light to start the project. Any input form anyone knowledgeable in the area will be appreciated.

Reactions: n1234d

Henry443

May 11, 2014
NY
Wireless charging, a new concept (DNA transplant) is very interesting and unique.
When i read title of thread i really surprise about it but now i get some information about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't people been using the receiver under a case that connects to charge port with a flat right angle connector?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

They have, however for me its not an option (I'm too ocd for that lol, and often carry my phone without a case). I am after a built in solution that will leave the USB port open.
    The lack of wireless charging was a huge downside to me, a trivial thing I know, but I used the hell out of it on my DNA.

The M8 metal case causes a problem for wireless charging, so the concept I have is as follows:

1. Using a 3d scanner/printer design and print a plastic back

2. Transplant DNA wireless charging to M8

Number 1 is easy, I have access to the materials

Number 2, questionable:

Is the DNA's wireless charger connected to a battery or in some way to the motherboard? I cannot find any information on this that would give me a green light to start the project. Any input form anyone knowledgeable in the area will be appreciated.