Launch App Using it's GUID

Search This thread

noplace33

Jun 6, 2014
Hi All, I'm working in a development project and I need to launch a specific app using only It's GUID ... It doesn't have a launch URI.
I heard there's a way to do that using ShellChromeAPI.dll, I really don't care if it passes the store or not, the app is made for personal use not for public, So it's Ok if there are Undocumented APIs .

If any one could help, I'd be really grateful.

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
Hi All, I'm working in a development project and I need to launch a specific app using only It's GUID ... It doesn't have a launch URI.
I heard there's a way to do that using ShellChromeAPI.dll, I really don't care if it passes the store or not, the app is made for personal use not for public, So it's Ok if there are Undocumented APIs .

If any one could help, I'd be really grateful.
here be what you are looking for... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2398275

It is not currently working on WP 8.1. I haven't had time to fool around with it and see if I can get it working.(I have a post at the end of the thread about a theory, but I can't recompile it as a Windows Phone 8.1-native app because I don't have a Windows 8.1 development PC, just Windows 7...and VS 2103 actually checks the OS it is running on to determine if you can develop WP 8.1 apps or not)