[Q] need a good rom

Search This thread

lesrourou

May 15, 2014
i hate rooting . yet i need one
i need a root that grants me access to my s4 sytem files and change them
and a root that can also run odexed and deodexed apps (not sure if possible)
but i dont want to feel like my device is rooted . i want to keep stock everything . just change some apps and acess system files without doing anything else . (its like a stock rom with ability to change what i need)
maybe an app that give FULLLLL backup of my phone (system . apps . system apps. touchwiz UI. and al those stuff
any suggestion?
thnx

Last edited:

Albe95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 21, 2013
Verona (Italy)
but i dont want to feel like my device is rooted . i want to keep stock everything . just change some apps and acess system files without doing anything else . (its like a stock rom with ability to change what i need)
maybe an app that give FULLLLL backup of my phone (system . apps . system apps. touchwiz UI. and al those stuff
any suggestion?
thnx

Root with deodex support is not possible you've to install a ROM that is deodexed to have a deodex firmware.
BTW don't hate so much root... You can mod whatever things you want but keep all stock like me (I don't like so much Aosp ROM and touchwiz ROM that change much things).

Reactions: lesrourou

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
any suggestion?
thnx

Just root the stock ROM and flash a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP, etc) and you will have exactly what you want.

No need for a custom rom.

Root works fine on stock. It's the apps that give you access to do the stuff you want, not the ROM. The apps are all on google play.

If you want further recomendations for a custom ROM, you cannot ask for that on XDA. Opinions on custom ROMs are just opinions based on other people's needs. As such, they have no meaning to anyone else. What the best rom for you is, might be the worst rom for me. So "best rom" questions are not permitted on XDA because there is no best rom.

As for choosing which rom is right for you, you are expected to read teh development threads as all the information you could possibly ever want to know is contained in them. Then make a few choices for yourself and test them out. See which one works best for you.

That said, if you really want that stock feel with no differences in UI or anything else, then your best bet is to root your stock rom and stick with it. IT's insanely easy to do. Takes 10 minutes (if you stop to eat a sandwich while doing it)

lesrourou

May 15, 2014
Just root the stock ROM and flash a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP, etc) and you will have exactly what you want.

No need for a custom rom.

Root works fine on stock. It's the apps that give you access to do the stuff you want, not the ROM. The apps are all on google play.

If you want further recomendations for a custom ROM, you cannot ask for that on XDA. Opinions on custom ROMs are just opinions based on other people's needs. As such, they have no meaning to anyone else. What the best rom for you is, might be the worst rom for me. So "best rom" questions are not permitted on XDA because there is no best rom.

As for choosing which rom is right for you, you are expected to read teh development threads as all the information you could possibly ever want to know is contained in them. Then make a few choices for yourself and test them out. See which one works best for you.

That said, if you really want that stock feel with no differences in UI or anything else, then your best bet is to root your stock rom and stick with it. IT's insanely easy to do. Takes 10 minutes (if you stop to eat a sandwich while doing it)

i know the apps like ES file explorer give me access to what i need
soo how do root a stock rom and download these apps ? what is odexed and deodexed and why deodexed dont run on odexed? my understanding was that an "out of the box s4" is odexed .

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
i know the apps like ES file explorer give me access to what i need
soo how do root a stock rom and download these apps ? what is odexed and deodexed and why deodexed dont run on odexed? my understanding was that an "out of the box s4" is odexed .

Odexed vs deodexed is explained in abotu 500,000 places on XDA. Use the search feature and you will find more than you ever wanted to know about it.

CF Auto Root will root your stock ROM. You use Odin to get it installed. It takes 30 seconds. Literally 30 seconds.

Then you have root.

Then you can use all teh root apps you want.

You can also install a custom recovery either via odin or with apps that flash it for you from the phone (Like ROM manager or TWRP Manager)

lesrourou

May 15, 2014
Odexed vs deodexed is explained in abotu 500,000 places on XDA. Use the search feature and you will find more than you ever wanted to know about it.

CF Auto Root will root your stock ROM. You use Odin to get it installed. It takes 30 seconds. Literally 30 seconds.

Then you have root.

Then you can use all teh root apps you want.

You can also install a custom recovery either via odin or with apps that flash it for you from the phone (Like ROM manager or TWRP Manager)

but root voids warranty . how do i root CF auto root without it being detected by the repairsman if my phone breaks?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
but root voids warranty . how do i root CF auto root without it being detected by the repairsman if my phone breaks?

Yup.

That's one of the catches. It's why they make T Shirts that say "I VOID WARRENTIES". It's kind of a badge of honor.

However, you can also use Tiangle Away by Chainfire to reset your flash counter, thus hiding that you have flashed a lot of stuff.

However, you cannot udo the Knox flag, which says that the phoen has been messed with. However, warrently doesn't seem to be affected by this in real world trials thus far. Many people report sending knox tripped devices in for warrenty service and not having any negative effects.

lesrourou

May 15, 2014
Yup.

That's one of the catches. It's why they make T Shirts that say "I VOID WARRENTIES". It's kind of a badge of honor.

However, you can also use Tiangle Away by Chainfire to reset your flash counter, thus hiding that you have flashed a lot of stuff.

However, you cannot udo the Knox flag, which says that the phoen has been messed with. However, warrently doesn't seem to be affected by this in real world trials thus far. Many people report sending knox tripped devices in for warrenty service and not having any negative effects.

i watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FXULkN5rAU it says triangle away by chainfire but emmm what im planning to do with root is toc hange my UI into a custom S5 look . if i do that and use triangle away will it soft brick my phone ?
watch the video and youll se the warning

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
i watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FXULkN5rAU it says triangle away by chainfire but emmm what im planning to do with root is toc hange my UI into a custom S5 look . if i do that and use triangle away will it soft brick my phone ?
watch the video and youll se the warning

Root it.

Use Triangle away.

THEN make all your modifications to the phone. Triangle Away won't be the cause of the brick if you do it in that order. Triangle away causes problems when you try to use it when you aren't on the stock rom or recovery. So use it before you change the rom or recovery.

lesrourou

May 15, 2014
Root it.

Use Triangle away.

THEN make all your modifications to the phone. Triangle Away won't be the cause of the brick if you do it in that order. Triangle away causes problems when you try to use it when you aren't on the stock rom or recovery. So use it before you change the rom or recovery.

im planning on getting a backup of all my system before rooting . so il use CWM recovery . PC recovery . Kies recovery . Philz touch recovery .
do those backup my entire system ? if i fk up and have a back up how do i flash it?
EDIT : CWM and Philz touch recovery can void warranty and changes the download mode interface . any other way of completly backing up my phone so when i soft brick it or something i can install that like its a rom or something

Last edited:

busbyeie

May 15, 2014
im planning on getting a backup of all my system before rooting . so il use CWM recovery . PC recovery . Kies recovery . Philz touch recovery .
do those backup my entire system ? if i fk up and have a back up how do i flash it?
EDIT : CWM and Philz touch recovery can void warranty and changes the download mode interface . any other way of completly backing up my phone so when i soft brick it or something i can install that like its a rom or something

I used mskips toolkit to install my custom recovery (TWRP) and it didn't trip KNOX for me, you can find the thread here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678641

As for doing your backup try this which I found using google in about 3 minutes of searching. http://www.addictivetips.com/android/what-is-twrp-how-to-install-use-it-on-android-devices-guide/

This might help with things that you might want to do later : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192841

Hope this helped :)

digitaldevil

Feb 5, 2011
I used mskips toolkit to install my custom recovery (TWRP) and it didn't trip KNOX for me, you can find the thread here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678641

As for doing your backup try this which I found using google in about 3 minutes of searching. http://www.addictivetips.com/android/what-is-twrp-how-to-install-use-it-on-android-devices-guide/

This might help with things that you might want to do later : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192841

Hope this helped :)

good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any suggestion?
    thnx

Root with deodex support is not possible you've to install a ROM that is deodexed to have a deodex firmware.
    BTW don't hate so much root... You can mod whatever things you want but keep all stock like me (I don't like so much Aosp ROM and touchwiz ROM that change much things).