[Q] Can not install any custom Rom

Search This thread

sambahb

Jun 25, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I have a Galaxy Tab 3 LTE 8 which identifies as Modellnumber SM-T315 in the software. The device is rooted and I have installed the newest "PhilZ Touch". When I try to flash the inoffical Cynanogenmod-build "cm-11-20140507-UNOFFICIAL-lt01lte.zip" the process interrupted with an error message. The most significant part of this message is that "this is a "tab8wifi" and the build is not made for it. First I thought, this may be a problem of the rom. But I tried some others and apart from the error messages being slightly different, I failed with other roms too.

Now I am a bit confused. I am not sure, if I really own a Galaxy Tab 3 8 with LTE, although it was sold as such, identifies as such and the seller is a well know German retailer. Is there any way to test this?

If it is an LTE version I wonder what the reason for this may be and how to make custom rom work. I have fond generic solutions for rom's not installing by removing the first lines starting with "assert" from the updater script. Unfortunately I could not get this work, the zip files were not accepted by "PhilZ Touch".

Samba

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I have a Galaxy Tab 3 LTE 8 which identifies as Modellnumber SM-T315 in the software. The device is rooted and I have installed the newest "PhilZ Touch". When I try to flash the inoffical Cynanogenmod-build "cm-11-20140507-UNOFFICIAL-lt01lte.zip" the process interrupted with an error message. The most significant part of this message is that "this is a "tab8wifi" and the build is not made for it. First I thought, this may be a problem of the rom. But I tried some others and apart from the error messages being slightly different, I failed with other roms too.

Now I am a bit confused. I am not sure, if I really own a Galaxy Tab 3 8 with LTE, although it was sold as such, identifies as such and the seller is a well know German retailer. Is there any way to test this?

If it is an LTE version I wonder what the reason for this may be and how to make custom rom work. I have fond generic solutions for rom's not installing by removing the first lines starting with "assert" from the updater script. Unfortunately I could not get this work, the zip files were not accepted by "PhilZ Touch".

Samba

You have the wrong recovery for your LTE device. Reinstall your recovery and make sure you pick the one for the T315 (lt01lte).

Sent from my SCH-I605

Reactions: sambahb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Samba

You have the wrong recovery for your LTE device. Reinstall your recovery and make sure you pick the one for the T315 (lt01lte).

Sent from my SCH-I605