Carbon Fiber Battery Cover

Search This thread

over2land

Jan 10, 2007
So Cal
I'm looking for a Carbon Fiber battery cover for the I717. I see them on ebay for the N7000, but not the AT&T Note. Has anyone found one for the AT&T version yet? Its my understanding that the international cover won't work on the AT&T version.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Bac...947568?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4ab5a323f0

I know Ghost Armor has carbon fiber vinyl, but in the past I've been less than thrilled with the look. Any of the ones I've seen have looked like just what they were, cheap prints and the pictures on their site doesn't do any justice to it.
http://www.ghost-armor.com/Samsung/766.html

So, anyone know how I can give the battery cover that carbon fiber look?

604nguyen

Apr 18, 2012
Vancouver
........Its my understanding that the international cover won't work on the AT&T version...........

yes the n7000 wont fit the i717 case directly.... if i remeber correctly, some of the tabs on the n7000 were a bit larger, and one tab was in a differnet position...

BUT with some minor modification with my handy nail clippers, i was able to make the OEM white n7000 cover fit the i717 flawlessly.... fitment is perfect.....just a few tabs to slightly trim...took me 2 minutes

if you know how to cut your nails, you can make it work

Reactions: SKyRocKeting727

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
yes the n7000 wont fit the i717 case directly.... if i remeber correctly, some of the tabs on the n7000 were a bit larger, and one tab was in a differnet position...

BUT with some minor modification with my handy nail clippers, i was able to make the OEM white n7000 cover fit the i717 flawlessly.... fitment is perfect.....just a few tabs to slightly trim...took me 2 minutes

Be advised however, if you planned on using NFC, the international versions battery door does NOT include the NFC antenna.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
What about buying a spare i717 door and doing some surgery, and transplanting the NFC bits to a CF door?

I ordered a CF door. Where can I source a cheap i717 with the NFC bits? I'm about to do some science.

604nguyen

Apr 18, 2012
Vancouver
^ yes, the lack of NFC antenna on the N7000 cover is definitely 1 thing to keep in mind....
but its not something that I have use for at the moment so it will do for now

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
What about buying a spare i717 door and doing some surgery, and transplanting the NFC bits to a CF door?

I ordered a CF door. Where can I source a cheap i717 with the NFC bits? I'm about to do some science.

I think you can get a 717 battery cover in white for 24.99 on ebay. Or you can use the cover from Samsung that is called the flip case. Must be OEM to include the NFC stuff. Mostly $20-30.

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011

Good to know, looks like I'm buying this carbon fiber one, although might need something else to cut it then nail clippers

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
ordered.... expeditated shipping. Ill let you guys know how it is once i get it put on and set right

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
Yeah, mine is SUPPOSED to be here friday. Fat chance. I'm still waiting on the mirror screen protectors I ordered.

Oh well, it's not like I'm wanting for things to do, just having that awesome honeymoon phase with a new phone.

over2land

Jan 10, 2007
So Cal
Please post up when you guys get them.

Good point on NFC, but I don't have any use for it now, and likely won't in the near to distant future. I could easily see myself moving on to the Note 2 without ever using it.

I did vaguely recall something about trimming tabs, but A) I worry about the back cover not fitting as well anymore and B) I am worried about the tabs needed to be trimmed not being self evident. So, if anyone gets the N7000 covers and trims them, pics sure would be appreciated.

604nguyen

Apr 18, 2012
Vancouver
Here's some pics of an n7000 cover on my i717....like I said, it fits perfect with some minor trimming of a couple tabs...the tabs that need to be trimmed are very evident when compared with the i717 cover

Fits just as snug, if not more, than the original i717 cover
Been using it for the past 3 weeks without issue....

Sorry for crappy iPhone pics

Sent from my SGH-I717R

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334946507848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334946507848.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 269
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334946526432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334946526432.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 238
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334946541486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334946541486.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
It's not on my phone. It's in the box of "things to find a use for later," and will eventually moved to the "trash," when I try to make it fit and end up putting a large gouge in it.

A whole ton of the tabs do not line up, some I trimmed and they worked, about half of one side needed to be removed as a whole.

Either I got a knock-off, a bad example, or my standards of secure fit are too high.

cf back-101 by bccass, on Flickr

cf back-102 by bccass, on Flickr

cf back-104 by bccass, on Flickr

cf back-103 by bccass, on Flickr

randaddy

Jun 19, 2006
Bay Area, CA
That "carbon fiber" back cover looks like its just a vinyl sticker applied to a stock battery cover. Have you tried heating it up with a blow dryer and peeling it off?

Form the picture, it looks identical to the ghost armor/bodyguardz CF vinyl wraps I've purchased in the past...most vendors use 3M DI-NOC (or a variation) material for their carbon fiber wraps - plenty of texture and holds up pretty well.

Last edited:

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
Wonder if the one from amazon I ordered is any different

over2land

Jan 10, 2007
So Cal
It's not on my phone. It's in the box of "things to find a use for later," and will eventually moved to the "trash," when I try to make it fit and end up putting a large gouge in it.

A whole ton of the tabs do not line up, some I trimmed and they worked, about half of one side needed to be removed as a whole.

Either I got a knock-off, a bad example, or my standards of secure fit are too high.

cf back-101 by bccass, on Flickr

cf back-102 by bccass, on Flickr

cf back-104 by bccass, on Flickr

cf back-103 by bccass, on Flickr

Thanks for the pictures. In that second one, which is the OE cover, which the carbon fiber? And, is it me, or does your camera lens look off kilter in the last picture?

If you wanted to get rid of that "carbon fiber" cover rather than trash it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Please PM me if interested.

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
Did u ever get it to fit? Still waiting for mine to come in

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ........Its my understanding that the international cover won't work on the AT&T version...........