[INDEX+Help Thread] No Question is noobish Here

Search This thread

cloudboy

Nov 3, 2013
3G in the US and UK

I really like this phone. I can get an unlocked version from AT&T (the E980) for a reasonable price new.

Here's my issue: I travel quite a bit, and need a phone that is going ot work in both the US AND in the UK at a minimum, Canada, Germany, France and Italy preferably. I would like to get the T Mobile plan, but I am willing to go either way, and pick up a pre-paid SIM while overseas. Will this phone work with 3G in both the US and Europe, or is that just not a possibility for any phone?

Shira_nai

Sep 29, 2013
Hello.
Is there any other way to install cwm/twrp aside from freegee? It looks like freegee haven't support the new stock rom (mine E988 10E).
Thank you

JustinNL

Sep 11, 2013
I have a new problem. The gyroscope stopped working. No more auto rotate.
Last night i went back to stock and that was all good. Auto rotate was working fine, so i rooted, installed freegee and installed cwm.
And guess what, the problem was there again. So i wiped and reflashed cm 10.2 again but same result.

What am i missing here? I made sure i checked all auto rotate boxes (in trebuchet, screen settings and in the accessibility menu)

*EDIT*

Fixed it myself by going back to stock again, rooted the phone, installed freegee and booted into cwm and then i followed the instructions in this post (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46939561&postcount=495)

Conclusion: flash and wipe everything not once, but TWICE.
As a little bonus all the sudden LTE is working also. Great timing since my provider (T-Mobile) started a 4g roll out this month. .. :D

Last edited:

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
Hi, I'm planning on buying the G Pro (e988) International version and I was wondering how can I install the value pack which was for AT&T phones and which recovery would you recommend? Thanx in advance

allradmuelleimer

Sep 26, 2013
FreeGee Problem

I have installed FreeGee on my LG Optimus G Pro (Software Version e98610a). When i try to unlock the phone, the app shows me "boot md5sum mismatch. Aborting."
What shall i do?

el.ashfi

Jan 19, 2012
[Recovery][TWRP/CWM][HK (E988), KR (F240L, S, K)] Flashable recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2361941

the method to install CWM to E988 failed on my device. i got a soft brick and restore the original recovery.
my device is malaysian version. on the software information it shows the software version E98810a.

just want to warn any malaysian or same version user to stay away from the method until it is compatible.

also i found that the freegee app does not support E988. hope OP can put this info anywhere, thanks.

my device is e988 Indonesian version .. previously I was using a custom rom for e988. My battrey often hot . so Iwant to get back the original rom install. but the problem is I have to restore the original recovery. before Iam using twrp. now my device stuck at the LG logo. and when you want to reinstall the stock rom the low battery warning always appears. when I had my battrey content 100% .. what should I do??

Sent from my GT-5660 using Tapatalk 2

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
Hi, I've purchased an LG e988 and. while I'm waiting for it to be delivered,I'd like to make couple of things clear:
1. Are the root and unroot procedurs described in this forum safe?
2. If I unroot do I get my warranty back (I mean, will my shift to root then to unroot go undetected)?
3. How do I put OTA if there aren't any via my provider?
4. I want the value pack, is it only for AT&T models or will the TOT work on my model as well?
5. Is there any fix for the (potential) camera autofocus breathing?
6. Does it have the s4 pro or the snapdragon 600 chip?
7. in order to root do i have to have the entire android ADB and fastboot sdk installed?
8. You guys say the gps is slow/sucks. How slow?
Thanx in advance :)

JMM2009

Feb 3, 2009
Is there a cm Rom that is working on T-Mobile network?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

beergenius

Feb 28, 2008
San Antonio
Media on sdcard0

I've looked and can't find a solution. Since I have installed an AOKP rom on my E980 the music in my internal sd card is not visible. Even if I pluf the phone into the computer it is not there, yet other media on the internal is there. Any ideas? Thanks XDA

ahidayat

Mar 15, 2010
my device is e988 Indonesian version .. previously I was using a custom rom for e988. My battrey often hot . so Iwant to get back the original rom install. but the problem is I have to restore the original recovery. before Iam using twrp. now my device stuck at the LG logo. and when you want to reinstall the stock rom the low battery warning always appears. when I had my battrey content 100% .. what should I do??

Sent from my GT-5660 using Tapatalk 2

Go to LG Service center, and it's only need 10 minutes max to revert back to original stock rom ?

I got same problem previously, and could not solved - even all trials had been done.

Don't forget to make nandroid backup before reflash any rom, and we will need it in case same problem happen.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk

weslxa

Dec 2, 2007
OTA update for Kit Kat

Ok, so I'm a bit of a noob, but been flashing ROM's for years. I've rooted my OG Pro and was running CM for a while and tried out a few others. Then decided I wanted to go back to factory because I missed a few of the features that hadn't been perfected in other ROM's yet, so I went with Panama (to keep Carrier IQ off my phone), and It's been working great. I am however curious to try Kit Kat when the official release comes out. I've seen on other threads to do a complete factory reset I need to use the LG Mobile Support Tool....

So my question is, since I'm using the Panama ROM (not rooted), do I need to do a factory reset before doing an OTA update to Kit Kat when it's released? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I'd hate to brick this glorious phone.

Jul 2, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone, new to the E980 bandwagon. Right now I have a CM11 SNAPSHOT build installed (11-20140104). Regardless of what firmware I use (even stock), I have trouble getting past 4 hours of screen on before the battery dies. I was having a wakelock issue before but I since resolved it (possibly by reflashing the modem?) Anyway, I have an aftermarket battery from unknown origin that came with the device and I was wondering what battery life people get with the legit manufacturer battery. I plan on getting one to hold me over until I can afford to get the Zerolemon 9300mAh battery and TPU case.

weslxa

Dec 2, 2007
I was wondering what battery life people get with the legit manufacturer battery. I plan on getting one to hold me over until I can afford to get the Zerolemon 9300mAh battery and TPU case.

Bought mine new straight from AT&T and I got about 1.5 days out of it with moderate use. After a few months I was getting closer to a day. When I had CM10 on it I would get closer to 2 days. Now I'm on the stock/debloted Panama rom and get a little over a day (keeping in mind about 4 hours out of the day it's just sitting at my desk with the occasional text or email).

beergenius

Feb 28, 2008
San Antonio
music skips

I have tried about 4 different Roms and have an issue where my music on my SD card(internal and external) skips occasionally. Usually 2-3 times per song. Some songs don't, but about 90% of them do. On stock ROM all my music plays fine. I have googled for answers and cannot find any answers. Thought I'd tug on yalls ear and see if I'm the only one to have this issue.

g0at1

Sep 24, 2013
Omnirom

Hello!

I hope somebody can help answer my question.

After the announcement of @mrfeuss leaving the development of Omni rom for our OGP, he also mentioned that @tdm would be taking it.

Does anybody know if @tdm is really into it?

If not, has anybody contacted another dev for the task?

Thanx

P.s. seems like I have no privileges to ask that anywhere else other than this thread.

notohp

Jan 2, 2013
Difference between E980 and F240 CM kernel

I see that CM says E980 is universal across all GSM variants. Now F240 supports the same GSM frequencies. My question is apart from baseband (which CM doesn't overwrite) what's different across E980 and F240 kernels?

Everything except sound seems to work fine on F240 after flashing E980 CM rom. That makes me think that it's some sound drivers which are different in two devices but all my search says that hardware on the sound side is same.

Could anyone tell what's different and whether there's a patch available to flash on top of E980 kernel?

Megadave123

Feb 10, 2012
Possible to downgrade from AT&T 10P?

Am currently on an HTC phone (rooted, s-off), about to be eligible for upgrade through AT&T.

I am considering the G PRO, overall looks like a very good phone.

Was doing some pre-checking, to see if it was rootable/etc.. I notice there is a recent update ("10P") from AT&T, and its not rootable.

If I get a new one, I presume that it will have this latest version. Is this completely locked down?

Is there any way to downgrade or get a custom rom (and get root) if I get one with 10P on it?

Or would I be better of waiting to see if someone finds a root for 10P?

mpsantiago

Am currently on an HTC phone (rooted, s-off), about to be eligible for upgrade through AT&T.

I am considering the G PRO, overall looks like a very good phone.

Was doing some pre-checking, to see if it was rootable/etc.. I notice there is a recent update ("10P") from AT&T, and its not rootable.

If I get a new one, I presume that it will have this latest version. Is this completely locked down?

Is there any way to downgrade or get a custom rom (and get root) if I get one with 10P on it?

Or would I be better of waiting to see if someone finds a root for 10P?

Use this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660&nocache=1
...to revert it to an older, rootable stock image. Then root/flash away :)

Reactions: Lalit Patil

Top Liked Posts