[Q] Can I root Verizon S4 4.4.2 ?

Search This thread

kerryh420

Account currently disabled
Dec 19, 2013
Usa
cutt.ly
4.4.2 rooted

in honor to all of those who leap frogged acrost each others back, here is your payday:

http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-root/how-to-root-att-or-verizon-galaxy-s4-on-android-4-4-2/

[I had nohing to do with the outcome of this method. Credit goes to each and every one of you devs (and those that fell giving his/her phones to the paper weight afterlife) who toiled over the challenge to give us what is rightfully ours to begin with]

[[May my poor dev ed s4 live vicariously through the new genre! I'd rather see it have nightmares in the depths of hell than ever turn it back on to a life of ... ...VRUF....R E T A I L life S4.]] damn sammy all to helllllllll!!!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can also just go to Google and type " XDA" then what you're looking for.

I don't know people seem to get upset a lot on here then find themselves in heated arguments. There's more to life

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We tire if those too lazy to take some time and actually read some threads. How many times have the same questions been posted? We have seen some of these posters even say I'm too busy to read just give me the answer.

If subject material is too difficult to understand read more to educate yourself...saying geeze this is too difficult to follow ain't the way...If it is that difficult perhaps you need to leave phone modding alone.

There are plenty of us who go out of our way to help but for godsakes try helping yourself first. ...

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
    Not yet hopefully one day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thankyou...Worked great...from an old neophyte

I did it using the old method of surges with the two files instead of the three. I cant upload it here evidently. I am not a developer by no means just have time being unemployed to mess with stuff.

Its pretty simple download the file and extract it and then open odin.

I used 3.09 and put the pit file in the pit slot and then put the downgrade into the ap slot.

The process will fail at cache thats normal.

Reboot the phone back into download mode and then I close odin and reopen it and then in the ap slot put the downgrade system file and it should complete.

When the phone restarts immediately press the up arrow to get into recovery. Then do a factory reset/ Wipe Data and also wipe the cache.

Once this is complete reboot the phone and it should boot and you will be back on the 4.3 partial. I then use saferoot to root and then install safestrap 3.72 and then boot into safestrap and install the rooted nc5 v2 file and then go back into download mode you need to go back into odin and flash and nc5 ap file and cp file and then reboot back into download mode and flash the csc file and reboot and your good to go. I will reply with a link to the files after I upload them.

I will post the file after I get it uploaded.

Im an old self taght computer guy. (My first computer was a KPRO "can" portable back in 84). I OTA'd my new samsung to the latest verizon update of kit kat and could not root. I did a little reading and watching some youtube videos on rooting. After that It was easy following the directions above after two attempts. Thanks to all that contributed to the process...extra thumbs up to Surge. This rooting stuff is really a lot of fun "outsmarting the man".
    Is there any way to root the verizon s4 sch-1545 on kitkat 4.4.2 ? build number KOT49H.1545VRUFNC5

No need to start new threads.

SEARCH!!!!
    Looks like there might be a native root method soon. Exploit has been found!

Here's info on the exploit (CVE-2014-3153)

http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2014/q2/467
    http://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/comments/27fl04/another_linux_kernel_exploit_this_time_reachable/
    http://www.securelist.com/en/advisories/59029

Now all we need is a dev to put together a root method using this exploit.